Birthday Wish

The World They Create Together

King

A week had already passed. Since the note with that arrow, it had pointed out the stones as well as something about a week. But if it was not because of something happening a week after the first note, just what was the note about? This question was constantly going over in his mind as he attended to his regular duties though he had multiple things on his mind.

First was the discovery of Hubeakje noble that apparently was helping the royal family of Goryeo. That letter while it provided some explanations, there was a lot more to be discovered. At least they knew the reason for that sound was something meant to aid them. He knew that Ji Mong would love to get a hold of those modified weapons so he could study them.

Second was that the conspirators were perhaps more stronger than before. Based on the evidence they had they could not rule out anyone out as a suspect. The clans were all involved somehow, similar just like a royal family member was involved, not to mention servants that let the assassins know the secret routes or the hidden servants who still have not been arrested. But he knew that the General and the Captain were planning on making an arrest today, while all of the royals were at Wang Eun's birthday party. The latest report stated that there were at least four servants that were suspicious and they were keeping a tight watch on them.

Third was what to do with Princess Woo Hee. She had truly entered Songak as he had received a report that a new dancing girl had joined the Grybang. The Princess hated him as one will hate the one that killed her family and her wanting to kill him was understandable. But the Princess arrived in Songak to kill the King, thus if she did go through the plan, she will be killed. That will be dishonoring her Uncle whom had helped to protect his sons and his nation, even though he was a loyal subject of Hubaekje.

Fourth matter was about his daughter-in-law. Just two days before she had ran, which was something she should avoid doing unless it is a life-or-death situation. He had summoned Doctor Hong after he had examined Lady Soo to ask if her health was still alright. The doctor had assured him that Lady Soo was still alright, but it was best that she will start to take the strengthening herb tonic as soon as possible. However two of the ingredients needed in the tonic could not be obtained in Goryeo, rather it was a speciality of Silla and Hubaekje so the royal infirmary needed to acquire that ingredient without letting any of the others know why those particular ingredient was needed in a palace full of spies.

"Your Majesty, the 4th Prince Wang So wishes to speak to you." His son was here instead of being at the celebration of 10th Prince's birthday? Just what was cause him to do this? He watches as his son enters the court. Today rather than in his court uniform, he was dressed in a bright green hanbok with a black belt, with a matching donggot in his hair. It looks to be some outfit that Eun would have picked. It must be the one from the wardrobe that the young princes had chosen for the 4th.

"Greetings to the King. I am sorry to bother you but I wish to ask you for a favor." A favor so directly to his face? But then again So was hardly the one to beat around the bush. Though he did wear a mask on his face, he had never hid his actions or his intentions.

"A favor? Just what kind of favor?"

"Pyeha, I know that you have many worries especially after we have received the letter. That is why I wish to ask you for permission to do something. The citizens are all suffering from the drought, I do not know when but eventually a rain ritual will be held. But what I wish to do is to take my younger brothers and my wife out of the palace to travel to both Silla and Hubaekje. Pyeha already knows that in order to start Soo on her medicine, we need those herbs. As part of a royal crew with food supplies, I am sure in exchange for food, we will be able to request something in exchange. So instead of money, I will ask for those herbs, which I heard from Doctor Hong is something that is found everywhere in both lands. If you are about to bring the matter of a guide or a guard up, I wish to take Park Soon Deok with a couple of skilled royal guards. The guide in Silla will be Baek Ah, and for the guide in Hubaekje, I will get Woo Hee. After tonight's celebration, I will arrange a meeting with her through the Gyobang. I know how to persuade the Princess to give up on her plans."

"The reason you want to bring the 10th, 14th and your wife Lady Soo?"

"Pyeha, you saw my wife running two days ago. That is a sign that she wishes to be out of the palace for a while. So I want to do this for her. To let her experience new sights. For both Eun and Jung it will be a chance for them to learn about the people of this land, not just hearing about them, but actually witness them. I think a chance to learn something that is not from a book or the sword will be a great birthday present for Eun-ah."

Perhaps he should have expected this to happen. So was just that kind of son in someway. All the problems that he had in his mind, and there it is a prince that was so new to the political field but give such a refreshing solution. After the arrest of the hidden servants sometime today, the palace will be under heavy investigation, and the conspirators may plan for something to threaten the princes' safety by attacking them. But attacking a constantly moving target that too the ones that had food to be given to the people will cause the conspirators to be hated. If they plan to elect a new Crown Prince, they need to be in the good grace of the people especially during a drought as the anger of the people are mounting everyday. The Hubaekje Princess may be able to be persuaded to witness the sight of Goryeo caring about Hubaekje's people and that may be enough to persuade the princess in some way to stop with the plan. By travelling to both Silla and Hubaekje, it will provide a reason and the means to obtain the herbs for the tonic without letting anyone know.

Looking at his 4th prince, who was clever in his own way different than those of a snake, who was silently waiting for his response, he took out a fresh sheet of paper as well as ink to begin writing out his permission for a relief group overseen by the royals to travel to Silla and Hubaekje.

Wang So

His Soo had sung the same song to his brothers. The song that made him fall in love with her in the past life. This time that song brought him peace as well as clarity of mind that let him think of a way to solve the many problems in his mind. A relief group, similar to the ones that Soo had went in the past with Wook but this time with him, Soo will get to travel and explore. What he had offered Soo in his first marriage proposal, now he will get to fulfill that in this life.

The sight of Soo running just because she had seen Woo Hee, before he knew the reason and brought such fear, all he could imagine was Soo falling on her knees unable to stand again. If Soo was going to be reckless, which he knew was something that will never change about her, then rather than be in the palace, she should be able to breathe in the beautiful sights of their land. The chance to travel will also be a nice birthday gift for Eun-ie as well. To see so much more than he ever could in the past, and Jung-ah could travel for fun, not to a battlefield. Baek Ah will be able to travel together with Woo Hee, his love which his helplessness had taken away in the past, now he wishes to see them happy. Both Eun-ah and Deok-ah as well as Baek Ah and Woo Hee.

Hae Soo

The sight in front of her was such a bittersweet one. All siblings celebrating their brother's birthday but hidden underneath the surface was a plan to humiliate her prince by his eldest brother. Not to mention the Princess who had announced that the King was looking for her husband effectively letting her brother know that it was time for him to marry as well. Maybe even wanting to show her husband what the Princess thought he had missed out on. But it did not matter, her husband's past life was as the husband of the Princess but that was only his body that had been her husband.

So had told her, well more like yelled at her after the doctor had left, that without her, all that remained was his body which did not die because he was too strong and all he could do was to keep on taking care of the land he had swore to protect so that their Seol was safe and happy. That his heart and soul had already died the moment his hand had touched her urn.

Perhaps that statement finally let her know just how much she had hurt him and how much he had suffered after she had died. She did not wish to bring him more pain, that is why Soo had decided to be more careful, not to the point that she will suppress her personality like she did in the past, but rather not running and making sure to not go on her knees, to learn how to let the people around her help out.

Speaking of her husband, right after she had sung the happy birthday song and her personal song, he had walked away. Well, at least he told her that he was going to get a present for Eunie-nim. But what? She thought his gift to his little brother was a small light armor that he could wear under his clothes so he will be protected. In addition to him wearing the robes that Eunie-nim had personally selected for him. As she had thought, seeing the 4th prince in such a bright colour was an interesting sight, but then all of it was worth it when the 10th prince saw her prince's outfit and had screamed in excitement.

"I wonder where the 4th is? If he had brought a gift?" Well, it was the 9th prince Won that starts this dreaded discussion. He was perhaps the only prince that Soo could not completely forgive, she could even understand the 3rd and how all he wanted was his mother to care about him, well at least that was the start. But the hatred he had for his younger brother, her husband was something that was completely started by his mother, and Soo knew that relationship will not be easily mended, no not like the 14th and her prince's relationship.

, while she was lost in her thoughts, the 3rd had already whispered into the 10th prince's ears, and the 10th prince had his determined face on. But Eunie-nim had already seen the scar, maybe instead of requesting for her prince to take off his mask, she hopes that Eunie-nim will do something else. She knew that Wang So was someone who will never deny anything that Eun requests no matter how much it pains him. But she could maybe trust Eunie-nim a bit more. He had been exposed to the horrors of assassinations and he had grown up a little in maturity. Either way, if needed to she could always cause a commotion and stop the entire thing. Looking around, there was two options, get burned by the tea pot or faint on the ground. Well, compared to shielding her from arrow it was a small thing that she could do to protect her lover.

Wang So

Entering during the gift-giving in Damiwon, he notices that everyone is in the same place as before. Though Soo seemed to have a very determined stance and face. Did she decide to do something? As long as she was not thinking of hurting herself to save him from having to take his mask off, he will be alright with it. Besides no matter how much his bare face was a weakness, now he thought of his scar as the one area in his entire body that only his queen, his Soo, could ever truly touch and love.

"Hyungnim, did you bring gifts for Eunnie-Hyungnim?" Jung-ah was just as curious as Eun-ah, he look forward to travelling with them, it will be a new experience for him.

"Well I have two gifts, but Eun-ah do you have anything that you want more than the gifts I already got?" he was never a coward when it came to a battle. He fought head-on, he had his pride as a warrior.

"Then there is one gift that I really want," Eun-ah was smiling so widely. It did not matter if he had to strip himself off the mask once again, he knew that Eun was being manipulated by the 3rd. "I originally want to see your face but then I thought there is something even better." Looking at the surprised expression on the 3rd when their younger brother did not do what he suggested, that itself was a gift that Eun, his innocent little brother that had gifted to him.

"And what is that gift, 10th Prince?" Soo-ya, the proud look of her face was just like she had witnessed the 10th prince conquering a battlefield all on his own. Yes, Eun-ah had grown up, more than they ever thought possible if he could catch on to the fact that he was being manipulated.

"I want So-Hyungnim to teach me that trick he does with his blade." Eun-ah wanting to learn how to fight, but then again some of the sword movements did look enjoyable. He will be able to use this opportunity to teach Eun-ah enough so that he will be able to fight off attackers. With a slight smile on his face, he stares directly at Eun, his little baby brother, after a quick glance at Jung and Baek Ah.

"I will teach you all the tricks you want. But as a present for you Eun-ah, I got you an armour which you will find in your room, so you know you can save yourself from arrows when you are playing near the training fields. There is one more. I had just went to see the King. He has given me permission to go travelling out of the palace for a while to help the citizens who are suffering from the droughts. I will take Eun-ie, Baek Ah, and Jung-ah with me. Of course Soo-ya you are coming with me as well."

The happy faces and the smiling faces of his people in front of him was truly all the gift that he needed that day. Even more so when Soo was smiling so widely, and she rushes towards him and gives him a hug to thank you. So had knew that his wife was getting restless and travelling had been something that she had always wanted to do. A smiling Soo and with the sounds of exciting talks between his brothers, one of his favourite sights together with another one of his favorite sounds. This was the way that he hoped his younger brothers will remain for a long time. Untainted and happy, but still practical enough to know the world.