Morning

The World They Create Together

The three princes

All of them were excited for their own reason to be travelling. They knew that they will be setting out in two days, that today will be their last lesson for a while, and they knew that their servants were busy packing their luggage.

Apparently, their 4th brother had sent instructions that told their servants, they were to pack lightly on items of wealth, and place more importance of making sure that they had plenty of clothing that was not made of high-quality silk. Not to mention that they need to have some dried food as well as a water bottle. But that was something that the princes knew that their servants, and most likely their mothers as well, could take care of it well enough. The princes had already heard that palace attendants were busy preparing the rations to be given to the people, and the royal guards were being selected to accompany them. If all goes according to plan, their trip will take around two weeks.

Rather than worrying about the details, the three princes had decided that they wish to see their sister-in-law today before their lessons, because they knew that she will be busy getting ready for the trip. So all of them were dressed in their court uniform and were walking towards Byul.

"Hyungnim, there is something strange. There are so many guards around Hyung's house."

"You are right, Jung-ah. Did something happen? I didn't hear anything from the servants that something happened last night. Did you Baek Ah-ya?"

"No, Hyungnim. Well since I just saw the royal doctors around the courtrooms, we can assume that no one have gotten hurt."

"Well, Hyung will know for sure. I heard from Noonim that Hyungnim can hear enemy's movements sometimes. I will get him to teach me that trick soon."

"Speaking of learning, Eun-Hyungnim just which sword movement did you want So-Hyungnim to teach you as your gift?"

"Soo told me about that Hyungnim has this sword movement that he basically goes around and round running while also taking the attackers down. She said it looked really cool so I want to learn that one."

"Why don't both of you remind So-Hyungnim about it today, I bet that we will have time when we are travelling to do some light training."

"What do you think we will get to do when we are travelling? I'm excited, but I don't know why Eomoni said to me last night, that she will speak to Pyeha about not sending me off on such a dangerous and long travel. Even Yo-hyungnim is against it."

"I'm sure that they just don't want you to be in danger."

"But how can I learn to fight off bandits, or go off to fight battles when I can't even go on a relief tri?. I just think Eomoni does not like me not being in the castle."

"Well Pyeha decided that we will be going so there is nothing that Queen Yoo can do."

"Well that is true. But, Jung-ah something must have happened look there are actually royal guards in front of the entrance, or do you think the General is visiting?"

"Well, come on Baek Ah-ya, Jung-ah, let's go find out."

Wang So

He knew that what Soo and him had been doing last night had been noted down by all the royal guards present and they were curious. But it did not matter. He knew that his lover could hardly stop herself from chasing after trouble or trouble will find her, so it will be good for her to know just some things to fight off any attackers. Just long enough so that it will give time for him to arrive in case he was far away. Besides, he knew that bandits were rising due to the drought, soon if this parallel world was similar to the world he had lived in, the citizen's demand for rain ritual will occur soon. The rain ritual that had changed his path in his last life.

But rather than that first, he needs to make sure that this trip to former land of Silla and Hubaekje will go without any troubles. During the day, he has to go visit the Captain to select the guards to go with them on this trip, then a trip to the hidden jail in the palace to make sure that those assassins were all taken care of or if they had confessed to anything yet. Then he had to get Jae Hee to go to the Gyobang to secure a meeting with Woo Hee in a private location, without letting anyone know his identity. On top of making sure that his younger brothers were prepared to go travelling. But first, he had to let Soo know his plans. Hiding any large part of his plans from Soo will lead to conflict and misunderstandings, something they both had enough off in their previous life.

Turning to look at where Soo was going through her closet to find a specific ribbon that she wanted to wear around her hanbok today, he walks away from his own closet towards his wife and hug her body to his from behind. Bestowing a quick kiss on her cheeks, he opens his mouth to speak but Soo beats him to it.

"I know Hwanjanim, that you are going to do some unpleasant things today. Maybe a visit to jail to perhaps lend a hand if needed to get the answers from those assassins." How did she know him so well, silently he holds her tighter, her voice sound strained. He did not want her to be disgusted of him, of his mind that demanded punishment to those who had shot arrows towards his father and his wife. "I am not leaving. I just sometimes wish that we did not live in such a dangerous world, then I remember that everything that you do is to protect us. No matter how much it hurts you, tores you apart, you do it all to protect our family. I can understand that. But please don't lose yourself to the demon of violence. I love my prince and my king but I do not want you to be consumed by hatred."

"I do want to be a curse or a demon. Soo-ya, you are the gift, the only pure thing that the heavens have granted to a scarred man like me, and I am selfish and protective. Not to mention I know that when I get angry, I make terrible mistakes."

"And you are my guardian wolf. The one that protects me with your whole being. Who is always protecting me like a coat of armor. So-ya, don't forget that I love you. Don't ever forget that you have my entire heart."

"You have my entire heart and soul. You are the one and only queen of Wang So." Then he slowly turns his wife around and just hugs her till both of their body merges together. "I will not forget who I am Soo-ya but I just have to make sure that they will not escape. Tonight, I am going to meet Woo Hee, I need to take care of the niece that our Seol's soul descendant left us to care for and your best friend." He felt his Soo's arms wrapping around him as she pulls him in more closer and closer to her body. He lifts his wife's face up and bends down to kiss her. Kiss her full of passion and love that he felt at this moment, expressing his love for this beautiful creature in front of him.

"HYUNGNIM"

"NOONIM"

"SOO-YA, HYUNGNIM"

What! He reluctantly releases himself away from Soo then makes his way to the door. Just why were his brothers yelling, and they better have a good reason to yell. Opening the door of the makeup room, he looks around the corridor as he gets out. As soon as he closes the door behind him, he could see his brothers running towards him from the corner. Then before he could blink, there was Eun-ah who was now hugging him tightly.

"Hyungnim, are you alright? What about Soo? Is Soo alright?"

"Hyungnim, you are alright? What about that wound on your back? You didn't open it yet. What about Soo, was she alright? Is her health ok?"

"Hyung, are you alright? What about Noonim? She didn't get hurt right?"

Just what had caused his brothers to overreact this much. Now it was not only Eun that was hugging him, there was Baek Ah looking at his clothed back like he will be able to see the wounds through the clothes, and Jung had also joined Eun in hugging him.

"You guys what's going on?" So speaks out as much as he can when he is being squeezed so tight. When he is released from the hug, he can finally take a deep breath.

"Hyungnim, Deok-ah said that assassins, the one that shot the arrows, invaded the residence last night."

"Eun-ah, I fought all the assassins just fine last night. Baek Ah-ya, don't worry I am not injured nor are any of my injuries bleeding. Jung-ah, Soo is fine, she is just getting dressed." Once his frantic brothers seemed to have calm down a little, he let an amused smile appear on his face. He had never known just how frantic his little brothers were, but it was nice to be cared for. He heard the door open behind him, and there was Soo. His wife dressed in the exact same outfit that he had first seen her in, but her hair had been bound properly, instead she just had a bun at the back with the braid crown. It looks like she was going to go out to the market today in disguise, to buy supplies without it being known that a wife of a prince was out shopping. As long as Soon Deok was with her, he had no complains. When Soo notices the young princes she smiles at them before giving a bow in greeting. Then now it was Soo's turn to be bombarded by questions.

Later in the day, hidden prison

For the hidden prisoners that need to be protected from everyone not in the known, there was an underground prison under one of the side houses in Cheondokjeon. That was where you could find King Taejo, Ji Mong, Grand General Park and the Captain Jang. As the Captain had proven his loyalty, the King had decided that the Captain would be allowed to know about the letter by Uncle Hui. The Crown Prince had left on a campaign in the morning to suppress a rising army in the East. AS they were planning some strategies, they were interrupted by the visit of the 4th prince, and behind him tugging along with him were the 3 young princes.

"Eun-ah, Baek Ah-ya, Jung-ah, how many times have I told you this is not the place for young children like you. Go back."

"As we told you Hyungnim, we are not kids. We are all men now and we have a right to know about the assassins. They attacked our father and sister-in-law, not to mention you almost died Hyungnim because of their poison." That was the gist of the replies that the young princes gave to their older brother. Soon enough the princes were in front of where the King was surrounded by his subjects, and the princes quickly gave their bows of greetings. The King knew all about the stubbornness of his sons so he did not even comment on the fact that they were here.

"General, Captain I was hoping to make arrangements for protection for the relief trip, after checking up on the assassins from last night."

"4th prince just what did you do when you were fighting the assassins that some of them start to choke at any sign of the colour of red?" the General asked. The 4th prince's expression took on a more of a pouting expression before their eyes.

"I was not allowed to kill them or permanently damage them, at least in front of my wife. So I just took them down. I used the red ribbon on my cloth as a weapon for some, thus they must not want to see that colour again. Have they confessed to anything?"

"They have not been interrogated yet as they are still unconscious and are now in separate cells with constant guard." It was Ji Mong who replied to the prince's questions. "General, since you know all the royal guards, why don't you go with the princes to select their guards? After all these guards will be joining your daughter as part of the protection detail."