The Mission

The World They Create Together

Wang So

When he woke up the next morning and saw that Soo was sleeping peacefully in his arm, all he could feel was relief. Dragging her body closer to his, he just hugged her. Today was the day that they will learn the payment, they will have to pay for getting this new life. To him, it did not matter what it was, no matter what it was, he was going to put all his skills to complete it as soon as he could. As long as he could live together with Hae Soo. His person, his only queen that he had missed every single day of his life since he met her. He wanted a chance to live like a family with her, have children, grow them up, eat meals together and many more. And he wanted to live a long life with her. Having spent over two decades without her had given him a lot of opportunities for reflection. Power was nothing, it was a thing that basically make you throw away your treasures to keep it. Now, he did not have any greed for power. He just needed enough strength to protect his family and live a comfortable live with his loved ones without being bounded in chains.

Hae Soo

No matter how many times she had done it in the past, waiting for anything was hard. Waking up in the arm of her husband in all but name, in her prince's arms she was happy. Preparing breakfast together was a fun experience, watching the prince using a knife to cut cucumbers and carrots, or seeing his amazed expression at the modern kitchen and all its appliances that appeared in their small room, it was just plain fun. She didn't remember the last time, she had laughed so much. But then after breakfast, it was another dress-up session, though this time, they were dressed in hanboks. She in a plain white top with red shirt, and he had on a maroon on top of his usual black underclothes. Now they were just snuggling on the couch, waiting for a noise. But the long wait time must have been enough, that she could feel the prince starting to relax more and more, which was a good thing.

Just when they were comfortable, a thud sound followed by the TV turning on, made them alert again. The thud sound was the sound of the remote hitting the empty table in front of them. The remote that was the one thing that she had noticed missing when she had tried to turn on the TV earlier. At the very least she had explained what exactly TV was before to the 4th prince, otherwise who knew what would have happened. Rising up from the couch, she took the remote in her hand, before turning back and sitting on the couch again where the prince had held her in his arms. Since there was no point in delaying thing, she turned the TV on. A countdown from 10 started on the screen, as she felt her prince draw her closer to him and the warrior in the prince coming out as he readjust his position to a more defensive one as they both look at the screen.

The words on TV

Welcome, 4th Prince Wang So and Hae Soo, to your new life

Your mission is simple, go back into your younger selves and live your lives. However you would have left this world. In this world, history is set and thus cannot be changed, only its interpretations can. But you will have a clean slate in the new world.

You both will be sent back to a moment between the 4th Prince's arrival in Songak to Lady Hae Myung Hee's death, we cannot predict the exact moment. When your old soul and younger body back in the past will collide, unfortunately there will be physical side-effects, you will collapse like you have been poisoned and then you will be bedridden for a certain amount of days, during that time, all the pain that your soul has physically left till your death will be felt by your younger body, though it will not leave a mark. This is our test for both of you. If you survive this, you have a chance to truly start over your life with advance knowledge. You can change the events that will occur or at least change the outcome. We know how determined both of you can be, you can change history by marrying each other, that universe is completely different from here.

Today and tomorrow are here for you to prepare yourselves. After you have the chance to absorb the information presented, please press 6 on the remote. There you will be shown events that happened during your lifetime that we think it is important for you to know, maybe it was something to do with either of you, or people around them. Take the chance to strengthen yourselves with information today. Tomorrow at noon, your souls will travel.

Wang So

Seeing the object once again gone blank, all he could do was reach over and pull Soo into his arms. He knew that he was overwhelmed but what about Soo. He knew how much she missed her Unni, how happy will she be to see her again but how hurt she will be by the knowledge that she will have to witness her death again. Chae Ryung, the spy but also someone that Soo thought of as a little sister.

He knew that he will also encounter ghosts. His father, the father who was a King before being his father, but now he understood him in some way, understood his loneliness, his cruel actions. His eldest brother Mu before he was poisoned, the one who saved him, who always looked out for him. Yo, his blood brother that hated him and threaten Hae Soo but who he cannot completely forgive but nor hate. Wook, the brother he had exiled and never seen again, the one brother that he completely hates, but if he goes back, that Wook will be the gentle Wook not the cunning one. Won, the brother he killed for treason. Eun, the brother he had failed to protect, who he could not do anything for. Baek Ah, the brother who suffered with him and who got hurt because him, whom had left him alone in the palace, but the one that he will do anything to protect. Jung, the younger brother who he want to hate, but love instead and also felt gratitude for. Not to mention, the women. The women in the palace who all seemed to be beautiful but were full of greed, who separated him from Hae Soo in so many ways. He may have numbed himself to not feel but his Eomoni. The one who got revenge on but did not feel satisfied at all. All of his so-called family will be in front of him, and he knew that it will be hard, but if that torture is the price to be with Soo again, to actually have a chance to live a blissful life with her, he will do it again. He had survived assassinations, poisonings and many more. His younger self will be able to deal with it, because he knew his soul, his soul will not rest till he passed the fate's test so he could live again.

But what about Soo? Could she handle the pain, the churi torture, her heart pains, the frozen rains, her fragile body handle poisoning on top of that? All he could do was hold on to her, but he needed to be sure that she was okay with this. They have not kept their promise to not lie to each other before, now he will, he had to if he did not want to lose her again. Slowly lifting her head from his chest, he locked his eyes together with hers.

"I am fine, Your Highness. Don't make that face. I have to call you that if we are to go back. I can handle all the pain. Don't worry about me. If all the waiting I had to will end soon, if I can be with you, I can handle it. You know that I am stubborn. We both are. If you can survive, so can I."

"Then let's make it out of it alive, then meet again. At the prayer tower, and I will make you my wife. This time no one will stop me. I only want you, my one and only queen to be besides me."

"I will be waiting for you at the stones. But let's see what information they will give us. After that, let's go out again. If we are here only till tomorrow, let me show you the stars tonight, Your Highness."