Ripples

The World They Create Together

Wang So

The sight in front of him just made him smile wider and wider, it will not surprise him if he soon starts to laugh out loud as he watches his brothers run around like crazy trying to catch a rabbit.

When they had reached the clearing, they had stubbornly refused to hunt. Most likely they had hoped that he was joking. But after hearing Seol had always wanted to a rabbit, his brothers were now competing to be the first one to catch a rabbit for their niece. But they had underestimated rabbits. They were careful about their surroundings, and all the noises that his brothers made as they shuffled around in the grassfield was just alerting the rabbits.

Even the rabbits must have gotten tired of the chase, as it seemed to have led his brothers close to the river and just sat there and waited. Animals were intelligent, but it was not something that anyone that he ever knew acknowledge except for Soo and Seol. But there it was the proof, the moment his brothers was close to catching the rabbit, the rabbit jumped and basically dump all three of them into the cold river. The sight of dripping wet brothers were too much, he let go of his composure and just laugh at them and Seol's laughter joins his as they laugh at the faces and appearance of princes that were outsmarted by a small rabbit.

As he gradually turns his laughter into small chuckles, he spies a rabbit near him. So with silent steps, he makes his way towards it and lifts it off the ground. Holding it in his arms, he makes his way towards where Seol is standing looking at the river at her uncles who are now blaming each other for their current state.

Crunching down besides her, with the rabbit secure in his arms, he calls out to her. When Seol turns and see the rabbit in his arms, her cry of happiness fill the space around him. Gently, he grabs hold of her little hands then place it on top of the rabbit's fur. He had been able to grant a wish of hers. That was enough to make this day really special. Because if it was in his power, he wishes to grant each and every wish of his family.

"Hyungnim, that's not fair. I wanted to get the rabbit for Seol." the loud cry of dismay of his younger brothers were just the additional touch.

Hae Soo

It was a great idea that she had dragged along Woo Hee and Soon Deok with her to her pampering. After all spa day means it is girl's day of gossiping and dishing about the men in their lives. Well, these girls will have to be drawn into girl talk but she was up to the challenge. Getting comfortable on the recliner that she was laying upon she starts to talk.

"Soon Deok-ah, how are the wedding preparations going?" Start out small, start out small.

"It is going well, Agasshi. Everyone has been working hard." Even without looking at her, she knew that Soon Deok must be blushing.

"Well I know that Eun-nim has been nervous but also excited as well. Isn't that right Woo Hee-ah?"

"Yes, he came a few days ago to ask us for advice on what you will like as a gift."

"Oh, he was constantly looking around the room trying to speak up, eventually Hwangjanim just yell at him to spit it out."

"Orabeoni was too quick to speak, he manage to scare the 10th Prince so much that he only could speak in stutters. It was so hard to understand what he was speaking about."

"The 10th prince came to ask for gift advice?"

"Why are you so shocked, Deok-ah? Let me tell you he is quite taken with you. But you let me know if he ever say something like 'you are mine now' or 'my presence alone should be enough of a gift for you.' That means he had been going to his fourth brother for advice?"

"Did Orabeoni really say that? About how his presence alone should be a gift enough?"

"Oh, you do not know how irritated I was at that. I wasn't expecting some great present, but what will you expect from such a man?"

"Did Orabeoni give you a better gift for next time at least?"

"No, that same night he said that to me, he came back and gave me my real gift. A night of stargazing though he doesn't know anything about astronomy even if he likes to pretend he does. That was when he told me that he will have something important to tell me at the prayer stones."

"The prayer stones? You mean the temple near the 8th prince's residence, Agasshi?"

"Yes. That man needs a lot of conditions to be met before he even proposed to me. Let me tell you two, always and I mean always make sure to tell each other the truth especially when you are both displeased. I know that both Eunie-nim and Baek Ah-nim will do something to irritate you frequently, all men are stupid in some way."

"Baek Ah-nim? Why are you mentioning him when we were talking about Orabeoni and the 10th prince?"

"Woo Hee-ah, I'm sure even Soon Deok, not to mention even the dense Jung-nim and Eun-nim had noticed that Baek Ah-nim is trying to court you, constantly visiting with his instruments playing love songs as he stare at you."

"No, there is nothing going on between us," but Soo had a good hearing and Woo Hee was on the table placed close to her so she didn't miss the whisper. "Even if I ever want to." She will have none of that. She will not let her friend miss her chance of happiness again.

"If you ever want to accept a chance with Beak Ah-nim let me tell you that I completely approve. Besides your Uncle Hui had wished to see you as a bride, and Hwangjanim will truly be happy if his younger sister and his favorite brother marry." There that was enough of encouragement for now.

Sure they didn't really have a ing session on the men in their lives like she should to have with her girlfriends in Seoul but this was a start and she will have to stop here as she could hear footsteps of court ladies coming back. Closing her eyes, she relaxes her muscles and get ready for the real spa treatment.

Wang So

That hunting trip was a great success. Not to mention fun. He got to make his brothers run around like lunatics and watch it all from the sidelines and laugh at them with Seol. He was disappointed that only Jung had been able to catch something for them to eat, and it was not a land animal, no it was a fish. Well, no matter how good Jung was at sword-fighting, hunting in the wild was completely different than sparring with multiple partners. Jung wishes to go to war, to see war then he will have to be able to handle the wild, this training will most likely make him into an even greater warrior than he had been before. But also increase his chance of survival.

However the one that he really wants to train is Eun. His baby brother who he could not save, who perhaps if he had some defensive skills may had been able to help his wife fight against those guards. It did not matter what had happened in the past, because he will not let it happen again, that child's blood coating his sword, once was enough for all eternity. He glances to the side where his brothers were walking besides him, all of them covered in someway by soil or grass looking nothing like the prince they really were, they were all here and alive and right besides him. He plan to keep it that way.

"Appa," looking down at Seol who had been holding his hand as she walk, he sees that she was pointing up ahead at a shop. "That's where Jin and I brought the bracelets, I want to buy another gift. This time for my siblings and I." How in the world he had such a generous and kind-hearted child, he didn't know exactly but it must have been Soo's influence. He smiles at his beautiful child, and turn to make his way towards the market, when he notices movement. Someone was paying close attention to them. He will have to give chase and get the watcher, since he did not bring any of the guards with him.

"Seol-ah, Appa has to go get something for Haraboji, I will be right back, so why don't you go with your uncles to the store." Dear heavens, Seol's pouts were so much like his love's that he had a hard time saying anything that will upset her, but as Seol nods her head in understanding, he let his shoulders relax a little. She understands that if it was something for the King he could not wait.

He quickly take Seol over to his brothers and give them the signal he taught them. That told them to be careful and that he was going to follow someone. When Baek Ah nods his head and repeat the eye movements back to him to show that he understood the message. With a quick kiss on Seol's forehead, he turns away and make his way down the market. Keeping an hidden eye on the shadow that was following him.