Reactions

The World They Create Together

At the royal dining room

The King's announcements shocked the entire room. Enough of a shocked that for a few moments, the true feelings of the many palace occupants was on clear display.

Both of the Queen were shocked, they each had their eyes wide open, and were staring at the King with clear shock and many questions in their minds.

Queen Yoo was just speechless, that monster, that monster was being granted such an honour, just because he just happen to be standing there when the rain had fallen. It was supposed to be Yo on that seat, and that monster had taken it. Now he was being rewarded. Rewarded with his own ground inside the palace. The King was not going to let that hideous child leave Songak, and he will make him a possible regent for the Crown Prince. No, she will not let that thing stay in the palace, she will drive him away from her sight. That his little wife, a Princess. A Princess, an orphan noble from an inferior clan, no she will not let both of them stay here.

She especially hate the sight of that little adoptee, her face was obviously scarred so she should be hidden, but no she was right in front of her. And the King, after his announcements, he was happily receiving the child's bow of gratitude, and now she had the child approach him, and to that child, he was personally pouring tea of his favourite tea. Just what was her husband thinking? The actions that he had never done for her children, and here he was doting on that masked child that her shame and his tiny wife had just adopted. It did not matter what she need to do. These three had to get out of her sight immediately.

Queen Hwangbo was also shocked. Sure she was familiar with the king's nature of giving land as gifts to his children, but never that. Never a royal command that guarantee the parents of royals a hand in deciding the spouses for their own children without the need to take the King into consideration. The 4th prince and Hae Soo will be allowed to raise their child in the way that they wished, they could educate a child like a scholar and a soldier, or teach foreign materials and they will be allowed to. Her own grandchildren when they will be born, will be held to the palace rules and have the necessary lessons, some of them she knew was pretty ridiculous to teach young child. But the 4th's children will be royalty, but also will be free of the cage known as the palace rules.

Not to mention naming Hae Soo, a Princess. She was now officially a royalty, not just through marriage. Their future children will be born of two royals, automatically higher in rank from her future grandchildren as they will likely be an offspring of a royalty with a noble. No, the Yoo clan already held enough power, she will not allow them to have something over her own grandchildren. Wook and Yeon Hwa will have to marry really well. Wook to his own half-sister, and Yeon Hwa, she will think about her.

3rd Prince Wang Yo was shocked and was simply staring at his father in silent. The King had guaranteed favours that he had not even given another prince to his younger brother who he did really think of as his own blood. A private compound in the palace, now owning a part of palace grounds. Then his wife, just what had his wife done in just five months that had made her so valuable to the royal family that now she will have a title of Princess. His father was favoring that scarred son. Was he now going to throw him away to the wolves? No, this was just a simple reward, he knew that the Hae clan was not strong at all, and they will never rise against him. The new title of Princess will remain a title, it will not carry any power on it. Besides he knew that it was easy to manipulate the 4th, he will do just that and have him chained like a dog that he is.

8th Prince Wang Wook was just numb. His face that was cheerful till now was just a silent brooding mask now. He was looking at Soo. Soo who had after the announcements have stood up with So and had made their way towards the King, and then both of them had performed bows of gratitude. So was the one who had knelt on the ground, while Soo had bowed standing up, that little unknown child had followed them, and had bowed together with So. Then the King had called the little masked child over to his side, and he was now doting on her, that child was making the King laugh along with Ji Mong, Grand General and the Crown Prince. So had the favor of the king, and the heavens. Just like Yeon Hwa had said, another person that they had to be careful with.

But that was something to ponder later, it was the King's subtle message that he was concerned about. That hint that it will not be long before the King will see his grandchildren from Soo. Was she pregnant? Pregnant with So's child? But Soo's body was still the same, her tiny waist was still tiny. No it must be just a suspicion. Soo had touched her stomach when she had bitten her tongue, his father and he knew some others was just thinking that the lady had suspicions and it was not confirmed yet. But if she was pregnant, that meant So had seen her. Soo had given her everything to So. Her beautiful body to that scarred man. When he would have had if he had been her husband. When she was the one who had made him smile so much and had given him joy. The sight of So was becoming more and more unbearable but still he held his desires in. His desire to take over the seat that belonged to someone else. But he did not know how long he could hold it in.

9th Prince Wang Won was just plain confused. At the King's actions of giving so much favor to a prince that was just present at the right place. And his wife, she did not do anything special. Nothing that warrant such a reward of being made a royalty. But no these two have just gained some title and grounds, it was maybe the king's way to make sure that these two had some sort of backing. Nothing that he need to worry about, as he knew that soon Queen Yoo and the nobles will succeed in getting the two of them to leave Songak.

Yeon Hwa was furious. But she could not show it, no but she had her fists clench and was glaring at that girl. A Princess, a princess that Hae Soo. The girl that did not know proper manners, now she was a Princess. Her father had essentially adopted her just by announcing in front of the royal family. That girl will have the same status as her. Sure since she will be an adopted one but it just means that she no longer has to bow towards those who held equal rank with her or those with lower status.

Now she could never treat her like the inferior noble that she was. Hae Soo will have to be shown respect from her, Hwangbo Yeon Hwa all because she was also married. How could she forget that girl, who did not realize the truths of life was married to her half-brother So. This girl got to marry someone that could be powerful, now held a personal palace grounds. While it was her being threatened with marriage to a non-royal family and leaving Songak behind. She refuse to accept it.

No, that girl will not have everything. And she will never be allowed to live in Songak sharing the same title as her, and having children of her So Orabeoni like her father had suggested. She had remained silent long enough but not anymore. Hwangbo Yeon Hwa will crush that girl and send her away from her and her brothers So and Wook's sights.

The Crown Prince and the three young princes were all delighted. Delighted that Hae Soo had been rewarded and now she was officially part of their family, not just an in-law. Not to mention, they all finally got the chance to give their gifts to Seol, and she had loved their gift. But the young princes could not decided just who exactly got the best gifts. That was what they were waiting to ask Seol, but for now they were enjoying it.

Well except for Eun, who had turned pink since his marriage was announced. He was sneaking peeks at Soon Deok who for some reason had a very red face and seem to be constantly biting her lips while smiling. They were getting married, but it was awkward for them to talk right now. So after the required bows of gratitude to the king, the two of them were just sneaking glances with flushed faces as everyone who had actually paid attention to their wedding announcement congratulates them.

In the meanwhile, the couple who had been given such gifts were thankful but they were not really focused on the others much. The 4th prince did take a quick glance around the room, and witnessing the expected look of shock on everyone's faces, and for some he had personal experience trying to figure them out. The prince knew that there will be a plan that Queen Yoo or Yeon Hwa comes up with that will be attacking his family in the future. But he already had many different solutions to various situations in his mind and some potential material for blackmail so he will wait till he learn more about it.

Right now, it was a time to enjoy the sight of his daughter Seol soaking up affection from the King, a grandparent's love was something that he heard to be special and he was glad that his Seol was able to enjoy it. He shifts closer to where Soo was sitting till his hand could touch hers under the table. Grabbing her hand tightly in his hand, he turns to look at the sight of his three brothers now bickering in front of their father. The topic. Who will get to play with Seol tomorrow first after their lesson. Seol's uncles were wrapped around her finger, similar to the way that her mother had him wrapped around her finger. Looking at Eun and Soon Deok, he was truly happy about the news of their marriage. His little brother will soon be together with his wife whom he had followed in death. But this time, he was going to do all he could to make sure that they lived till old age, bickering and loving each other.

Hae Soo, like her husband was not even thinking about the change in her title or what others thought of her. She was truly just happy that her first friend she made in Goryeo was going to be married to Soon Deok. Also her precious daughter Seol was laughing and being surrounded by love from all of their family. She was just happy.

Today, she felt her babies move for the first time, her dearest friends were getting married, and her daughter was happy. They also had gotten Byul and their lake and she realized the change coming her way due to her being made a Princess through adoption, but for tonight, she was not going to worry about that. Tonight was the first royal family dinner that she knew that didn't end in disaster for either her or her prince, she was just thankful about that.