Death of Lady Hae Myung Hee

The World They Create Together

The three young princes along with Park Soon Deok were all walking together. They thought that it will not be suspicious at all, if people see that the 4th prince and his wife were walking together with them. Soon Deok can be someone that the princes wants to introduce to their sister-in-law. They made their way through the halls of the prince's quarters till they reached the seemly empty but heavily guarded door of the old Crown Prince's chamber.

The princes did not want to disturb their injured brother, so they did not announce themselves and simply entered the room, silently wishing that their sister-in-law Hae Soo was no longer angry at her husband. But the scene that they walked into was opposite of an angry Hae Soo.

Sitting down together, sharing a meal was the 4th prince and his wife. Or more like, the 4th prince's wife had just fed her husband a mushroom. And when they turn towards the open door, the young princes for the first time in their life sees the bare face of their elder brother. At the hidden scar.

It was a scar that they could only see as an injury now. Before they would have been horrified by it, of that they were sure. But now having seen just what their older brother went through to save them from their death, and his back yesterday while watching the doctors tend to the wounds, it was different. Now to them, the scar was surely was something that was hard for them to look at but only because they could imagine just how much it would have hurt when their Hyungnim acquired that scar. They could only see their brother as a man who happen to have scars, not a monster with a hideous face.

Seeing the face of 4th prince crumble in front of them, the younger princes quickly gets their act together and greet their brother and his wife. So what if the 4th prince had a scar around his eye, it did not change who he was, which was their older brother and the husband of their dear friend, Soo.

Park Soon Deok

Wearing a hanbok instead of an armour was uncomfortable to the extreme for her, but that is what she had to do. She shifts nervously behind the princes, who were now loudly asking if he was alright towards or not towards the 4th prince and his wife. If she had met the pair for the first time, she will probably think that Lady Hae Soo is a gentle, kind and look to be a little naive but also mature at the same time. But after witnessing that argument yesterday, she knew that the lady was a feisty creature who had actually dared to attack her husband that too in front of his family, though it looked like Lady Hae Soo did not seem to know that her fight with the 4th prince had been witnessed.

"Oh Soo-ya, that's Soon Deok-ah. General Park's daughter," how she love when the 10th prince said her name. She wishes that she will be able to be at his side more often from now on. Especially since she already knows how much the 10th prince loves to play together with Lady Hae Soo. She steps forward and offers her greetings. As she lifts her head, she is given a beaming wide smile from Lady Hae Soo.

"Soon Deok-ssi. It is nice to meet you." She had a melodious voice and Lady Hae Soo's smile seemed to brighten her face and the aura around her.

"Soo-ya, it is Pyeha's order that Soon Deok will stay with you from now on to protect you." The 4th prince was as direct as her father has said, he rather get to the bottom of the matter rather than beat around the bush.

"If that is what Pyeha wants. Soon Deok-ssi, I will look forward to spending time with you, and I will apologize in advance if I make your job a bit hard."

"You are a prince's wife. It is my duty to protect you, Lady Hae Soo." She knew all about ladies that seemed to be kind but were actually vicious inside, though she did not think this lady was like that, it never hurt to be careful. At her words, the expression of the lady's face turned into a frown before she stands up and walk till she was in front of her. Then the lady took her hands and place it in hers before leaning closer to her.

"Don't call me Lady Hae Soo. Just call me Soo or Lady Soo, even Agasshi. We are going to be like sisters, Soon Deok-ah. And I will help you," she turn her stunned face to meet the lady's eyes just what could she help her, the daughter of a General with,"win Eun-nim's heart. I know that he cares about you. And I will be happy if you were to be my sister-in-law in the future." She knew. This lady whom she had only just met knew her feelings. "Don't worry I will keep it a secret." With that the lady no she will call her Agasshi, grabs her hand and leads her towards the table and have her sit next to her before she goes back to making sure that her husband eats and drink his medicine.

Two days later

Wang So

When he had received a clean bill of health from the royal doctor, he breathes a sigh of relief. Of course he had enjoyed all the attentions given to him by Soo, how she insisted on feeding him herself, how she was hardly not by his side and surround him by the sound of a happy conversation between Soo and his brothers and now it also had Park Soon Deok. But he was a man used to moving, sitting in a chair the entire day was not what he enjoyed doing but it was worse when he had been confined to his chambers. Now he could finally stop outside without worrying about making Soo angry with him.

Because both of them had a short temper, their arguments were quite explosive. But nothing was worse than fighting with her as it often made him remember that awful night, the night he left her like the world's biggest idiot and had actually fallen for a trap intended to separate him from her and he fell for it. That's why hr loves the fact that Soo and he can both be more honest now. Both of them knew the lonely reality, where only thing that sustained their body was the memories and the knowledge that their child, their Seol was alive and happy, and the vow he made to find her again. But this was a second chance, even if they both were tied to the palace forever, So considered it a victory that Soo acted like her true self, that even in this scary and lonely space, they both could smile, laugh and breathe and walk properly instead of on top of ice.

"Hwangjanim," turning towards Soo who had just entered the room, he was once again struck by how beautiful she was. Today she was dressed in a one of the more plain hanbok that were bright yellow and had a green waist ribbon, definitely one of Eun's choice, but it did nothing to diminish her beauty. Smiling, he walk towards where his Soo was listening to her as he moves. "Hwangjanim, it is snowing outside. Deok-ah says that it seems like it will continue to show lightly for a long time. Let's go for a walk and visit Unni. I haven't seen her in so long and I know that you want to get out of this room."

Just smiling at his wife, his wife, his love, his queen who always knew to brighten his mood to and who seems to read his mind sometimes, So lifts his hands to gently cradle her precious face. When her eyes turn towards up to meet his, he smiles again and brings his face to hers for a sweet kiss. To show her just how much he cherishes her, how much he wants to hold her, and the promise to love her through the night that very night, all in that kiss. The fact that her arms were now around his neck, meant that she had probably gotten at least got one of his hidden messages. It did not matter if she understand, he simply pulls her in closer. Just the fact that he could kiss her, hug her almost anytime seems to be a gift, and he was never one to not enjoy a heart-given gift.

Hae Soo

Walking down the market when she was alone was different than when she walk through it with her husband, their hands combined. When she was alone, she was just part of a crowd, sure they could see that she was a noble lady but it did not make that much of a difference. But when you are with a prince, that too a prince everyone kind of knew just because of his mask, the crowd seems to be parting to make way for them.

But she didn't care about that. Eventually the people will get used to the 4th prince walking around the market with his wife, because she plans on taking this kind of trips often. Besides as her husband, he has to accompany her to a shopping trip every now and then so the people will be used to it soon. For now, she will just enjoy the chance to walk down a street without worrying about the need for guards or to hide their identities, and the fact that she could drag the prince over to the stalls when something caught her eyes with no protest.

Seriously if she thought about it she has the best husband when you think about it from the mind of a 21st century woman. And she is thankful for it everyday. That's why she prays to keep him safe, to let them be happy together for a long long time.

She could see her Unni's house up ahead, and she realizes that it's been a week since she have seen her. Suddenly excited to see her, she lets go of her prince's hands, and decides to run the short distance. She could hardly wait till she sees Unni and she can tell her all about how happy she is, how Unni does not need to worry about her Soo anymore.

Hae Myung Hee

She knew that her time was near. She didn't know when but soon she will leave this world. Her greatest regret was not being able to fulfill her duty as a wife to her husband, her love, the 8th prince. But she was also glad that she did not have to worry about her cousin Hae Soo anymore as much as she did before. That girl who was like a daughter to her was now married. From what she had heard through the maids as well as the rumours, her husband was treating her well, perhaps more than well, as Soo was apparently still cheerful, still laughing, and the 4th prince values her so much that as a gift, he gave his wife a ring with such a precious stones on it.

She had been hiding her coughs full of blood for days, and she wishes that she could continue to do so. She did not want her husband, who was even now supporting her as they walk the grounds, to worry. She was happy that her husband could actually could be there for her, as she looks at the snow falling around them, she can't help but remember the first time she saw the prince. The kind prince whose wings have been cut off. As she reminds her husband of their first meeting, she sees a figure in the distance.

A bright yellow figure running straight towards her. Focusing on the figure, she sees that it is Hae Soo. Her cousin Soo who is running as fast as she can towards her, and before she notices Soo has her arms around her squeezing her tightly.

"Unni, I missed you so much. Were you well? What about your coughs, is it still ok? I'm sorry I haven't been here to take care of you, or visit you as often. But I'm here now, so I will spend time with you and I have so much to tell you."

Even if she was now married, Soo's bright personality had not changed. Her face showed such happiness, Myung Hee was glad that she now have been to see the proof that her little sister, her daughter-figure was really well. Looking ahead she sees that the 4th prince, Soo's husband was now in front of her, and she bows her head in greeting, just as her brother-in-law does the same to her. She tries to express her gratitude through her eyes for taking such good care of Soo, and seeing the slight nod of acknowledgement, Myung Hee thinks that the 4th prince may have gotten her message. She feels Soo linking her arm through hers, and she smiles at her excited face as she begins to step forward when she is suddenly hit with a severe sets of coughs.

Myung Hee knows that her time is close. She could feel her body's strength fading. Blinking her eyes, she sees something that she does not witness often. Her husband was crunching down in front of her, offering her his back. He was so kind and good to her, how she wishes that she could have fulfilled some of his dreams, just like he had done for hers. She felt Soo and her husband, the brother-in-law she hardly knows slowly guiding her to her husband's back. She wraps her arms around her husband's shoulders as holds on as tightly as she could. His arms was like a piece of heaven for her, and she always appreciate any chance that she could be close to him. She could hear the silent footsteps behind her, Soo, her child and her husband must be following behind them. Smiling slightly, she places her head on the 8th prince's shoulders and start talking.

Hae Soo

Even if she knew it was going to happen it did not mean that it made it better. As soon as she saw her Unni and the 8th prince walking in the snow, she knew that today was the day. Then she could not stop herself, she had to hug her Unni. So she ran to her, even if she had to avoid running as much as possible to minimize the chance of her injuring her knees, even then she ran. She had to go to her Unni and tell her. Try to tell her how sorry she was in another life where she had hurt her so much, thank her for caring so much about her and for allowing her to marry her prince, for letting her see her happy face on her wedding day, for being so forgiving. Her 4th prince knew what was happening. Of course he knew. Her prince was always right there as her support, silently giving her strength, guiding her.

The moment she guides her Unni to the 8th prince's back, she felt her heart being pierced. Pierced by arrows and becoming cold as she silently witness the last moments of her Unni right behind her, unable to cry. Just like last time, but different, because this time, with his arms around her shoulders, letting her leans on to him as they walk is her prince. Wang So, her husband who knew that she is barely holding back her tears and that her heart is in pain, silently holding her tight and helping her walk. Soon they will reach the main compound, and just like last time, in a second, the death of Lady Hae Myung Hee, wife of 8th Prince Wang Wook will become a news that will spread across Songak in no time at all.

The Funeral

As the body of Lady Hae burns, the attendants of her funeral could only took at the pyre in silence.

Her husband, 8th Prince Wook was filled with regret for never letting her know that he cared for her. But also never able to forget the feeling he felt for Hae Soo, his departed wife's cousin. Her cousin who was the only person, his person that brought him light and laughter, while he was being dragged deeper and deeper into the cold by his responsibilities. And there was a barely hidden desire for him to take over the place currently held by his half-brother So.

Her sister-in-law, Princess Yeon Hwa was of course sadden at the death of Lady Hae, but not much. All she could thank the lady was for allowing her family to return to Songak after the unfair exile. Her eyes constantly could see the figure a bit ahead of her to the right, to that hateful child. The child who had done nothing but gotten a marriage that allowed her to live at the palace, while here she was constantly under threat of being sent out of Songak by being married off. Also witnessing her brother So's care towards her wife, it was enough for her to wish her out of existence. She did not want that girl to live on so happily, when she did not treat marriage nor life as a serious life-or-death situation.

Her sixth cousin, Lady Hae Soo, the newly wedded wife of 4th prince Wang So, was perhaps one of the easiest one to see the grief. Throughout the funeral, she was choking down sobs but still performed her part in the funeral. The moment, the pyre starts to burn, her legs gave out but she never falls for her husband catches her, and now stands next to her holding her against him, as they both silently watches the pyre burns. The tears as well as the sobs of Lady Soo were no longer silent instead she now had her arms wrapped around her husband's waist and was sobbing into her husband's chest. The 4th prince was silently supporting his wife and continuously caressing her back in a soothing motion.

Near the funeral, in a pavilion, sitting surrounded by paintings of Lady Hae Myung Hee with silent tears running down his face was the 13th prince Wang Baek Ah. Silently there to support their brother was the 10th Prince Wang Eun and 14th Prince Wang Jung. Before long, the 4th prince Wang So and his wife Hae Soo also arrives at the pavilion. A servant with alcohol and many cups following behind them. Without a single word, the 4th prince fills the cups and silently extending the cups towards the pair of devastated soul siblings. Two of his most important people. Before long, the four princes and the girl that connects them to each other was drinking cups after cups of alcohol, uncaring about the upcoming hangover, only caring about being a support for their loved ones.

By the time, the sun has set, both the 10th and 14th prince was passed out on the floor, while the 4th prince had the 13th prince's head on his lap and was silently patting his shoulders as he slept, while his wife was in his other arm, sleeping against him with her arms firmly around her husband's waist.