Emotions Explode

The World They Create Together

Crown Prince's chamber

When the Crown Prince enters his old rooms, he was treated to a humorous sight. The 4th Prince was being assaulted in all directions by his worried younger brothers. He was sitting on a chair and there was a tray of food in front of him, but he was not eating it by himself. Apparently two poisonings had made the 10th and 14th prince suspicious to the extreme. Before the 4th prince would eat a bite or drink a sip, all of it was taste tested by either one of the younger princes. Only after that would the 4th Prince allowed to eat or drink. Now normally So will protest at such a treatment but he was obviously tired and was humoring his younger brothers. The 13th prince was acting like a mother-hen, he had a fan and a blanket nearby, and was constantly touching the 4th's forehead to check his temperature. The Crown Prince could see that Lady Soo was sleeping on the bed, obviously she needed the sleep as she had spent all this time worrying and nursing and only had a simple meal. It was already close to dawn, almost a half-day since the attack at Damiwon.

"Eun-ah, did So drink his tonic before eating?" At his voice, his brothers turn to him, obviously excited to see him. But apparently the 4th prince did not have his medicine yet, as now the princes were rushing around the room to find the herb mixture that the doctor had left for the 4th prince, which Baek Ah found on the table besides the bed, while Jung found a clean bowl, and Eun was hugging So saying how sorry they were for forgetting. Surprisingly, Lady Soo kept on sleeping despite the commotion. The Crown Prince takes a seat on one of the chairs, and decides to enjoy the sight of an uncomfortable 4th Prince due to all the attention. He knew that all the guards in the room were amused by what was happening but they were hiding it well.

Wang So

Love and attention was what he had wished from his family all his life. But he could not relate well to people thus he was always awkward. But the awkwardness was because he was receiving love. His dongsaengs were panicking and were fussing about his health. Testing his food bite by bite, a blanket surrounding him when he shiver a little, then a fan when it seems like he was getting hot. Then when they realized that he still did not have had his medicine, Eun-ah hugs him and were apologizing multiple times for forgetting about the medicine. It was warm. This was what being a family was supposed to be from what he had heard, and now that he was experiencing it, it was amazing. He was glad that he lived. These moments were worth all of the pain that he had been through.

And he had checked that Soo was alright, and she did not seem to be in any pain, when he had previously woken up so he had managed to protect her. The multiple guards in the room was an obvious thing what with an attack on the King. He just hope that they did their job properly, for though he was exhausted, it did not mean that he was not angry. Someone had dared to attack his queen. When he found them, their fate was set. Either death or severe punishment.

He let his brothers fuss around, even feed him as that allowed his body to rest. It gave him the time to let his mind think. To think of just who will want to kill Soo. Soo, who no one really knew the true value of her nor much about her identity or daily routine. The king was always in danger, but Soo and him? The cursed prince and his orphan wife just who would benefit from killing them? And those sounds? They were the same one as the ones in that room. So was this a test? Or was whoever had given him and his Soo this new chance helping them by warning them?

Taejo

When his rational mind returned, he once again made his way to the prince's quarters. Ji Mong, Captain, and General were all waiting for him. Silently he lead the way to the Crown Prince's quarters. As he did not know exactly what was happening, he stopped the attendant from announcing him, and simply enters the room. It seems that every time he enters a room with the 4th or his wife in it, he was being treated to a new sight. There were the princes, his younger sons fussing around their 4th brother. Eun-ah was taking a sip or a bite of food, before passing the food that he tested to Jung-ah, who was feeding his older blood brother by his own hand. Baek Ah had placed a blanket around So's shoulders and were now refilling his cup with steaming tea. He could see the silent amusement on Mu and the guards. So's face showed that he was tired but color had returned to his skin, and now seem to be confused but also enjoying the attention. He could see So's wife, Soo sleeping on the bed, obviously exhausted.

"Pyeha." Once his presence was noticed by So, all the princes stood up and bowed. He walk towards one of the chairs around the table where his 4th son's meal was and sat. Silently his subjects also took their seat. Ji Mong was standing beside him. His younger sons had also stood up from their chairs to make way for the two soldiers, but Eun-ah was still sitting down, and had now start feeding So instead. Apparently so many assassination attempts had made his young sons realize the danger of the palace and take security more seriously, and now they were worrying over the health of their 4th brother so much that propreity did not matter. His 4th son seemed to be resigned to this fact for now. It looks like they will have to talk while the younger princes continued their mother-hen routine around their 4th brother.

"Crown Prince, did you inform all the princes about the new conclusions yet?"

"I'm sorry Pyeha. I have not as you can see it was a bit hard to relate them." He could not blame his eldest son at all.

"Pyeha," now it was So, his voice was softer than usual but still strong, "I can roughly guess what you have found out and I will ask the Crown Prince for the exact details at a later date. All I want to know is why did they target my wife? She is not someone who have a grudge against someone, and no court officials or clans have objected to her presence at the palace as far as I am aware?"

"4th Prince," Ji Mong was the best to relate any news and they could see the signs of the prince's anger, "we think that the attacks today are linked in some way to the incident at the exorcism rite. And Lady Soo was a convenient target for some as in the eyes of some she could be dangerous because of her close relationship with all the princes."

"Dangerous," So was definitely pissed. Now that he look at it, sometimes his son and him had the same gestures, a thing that only Hae Soo had noticed till now. "Soo is kind to a fault. She do not wish harm on anyone. And politics, she despises politics, even if she is aware of it. The attacks are definitely connected. I can say that for sure. That sound was the same one that occurred before I was poisoned during my fight in the forest."

"Then it is the nobles for sure. Pyeha," turning to the General he waits for him to speak, "please allow me to send a few men to each noble's house to find proof."

"Pyeha, please allow me to go with the General," So, his injured son wants to go out of the palace when he was just recovering. "Now that they have gotten my wife involved, I need to personally find them. Also not everyone will be able to hide their reactions towards me. Thus it will be an effective method."

Before he could reply to either requests, they were interrupted. For something had hit the back of his 4th son's head. It was a pillowcase. Turning towards where the pillow had come from, he felt his heart skip a beat in surprise. This was something that he never would have thought he will witness in his life. For standing there, with several pillows surrounding her, a couple of them in her hands, was his daughter-in-law, Hae Soo. Her hair unbound, only with the dark green full skirt hanbok, not wearing the grey robe on top that he had seen earlier at tea. Her eyes were filled with tears but also traces of anger was evident in her face. And she was staring directly at her husband, whom she had thrown a pillow at.

Hae Soo

She was surrounded by warmth, when she opened her eyes. Soo could smell her prince's unique smell around her, and could hear his voice. He was alright if he was talking and there were some familiar voices as well. As she turns on the bed, she realizes something. Wang So, her husband was not in bed with her. Where he was supposed to be, and where she had last saw him. Looking around the room, she sees only his back. His back sitting on a chair. But he was not supposed to move. Whoever he was talking to, he could have done it from the bed, but he had moved.

When the doctors expressly had said only to move when strictly necessary, she had whispered the doctor's instructions to him before falling asleep so her prince should be aware of it. But once again he had went against the doctor's orders, and put himself at risk. After he had once again used his body to save her. Once again, engraved his very being into her soul, more deeper than before. And he is the one always telling her to be careful, to take of her health, and he did not follow those same instructions himself. But he dare to lecture her.

Her vision went red, all she could see was the back of her husband, then heard his voice, asking for permission to travel or something. Before she knew it, she was standing with all the pillows she could gather in her hands as well as on the floor around the bed, and threw one with all her might to the back of that bastard's head. That hypocritical bastard that she loves so much, but all he could do was worry her.

"Soo-ya," now there he was standing up just fine on his own and smiling like he hadn't done anything wrong. She threw another pillow to his face. But of course, he was athletic and had excellent, he caught the pillow before it hit him then let it hit the floor. "Soo-ya?"

Now he was confused. Confused about why she was angry? Why? She could not control herself anymore, she grabs all the pillows that she could and start throwing it at him at the same time, the dam that was holding back her emotions exploded.

3rd person's view

Everyone was staring. This sight that could not be real but was actually happening in front of their eyes. A wife throwing something at her husband in anger. There were married men in the room, so they knew about women's anger. But never like this, to the point of attacking her husband in a physical sense, even if it was harmless. But the fact that the husband in question was a prince, that too the cursed and cruel 4th prince, it made the sight more surreal. Everyone from the King to the unmarried innocent princes, to the palace guards in the chamber just watch the scene in front of them.

"You HORRIBLE BASTARD!" Such a big voice from such a petite woman, then she threw another pillow. The 4th prince, her husband was looking confused and stunned but still letting the pillows lightly hit him before catching it and dropping it on the floor. His wife, the gentle and kind Lady Hae Soo now seemed to have found her voice, and as the pillows in her hand disappears, now it was her voice that was fighting with the 4th prince.

"You horrible bastard. Terrible Jerk. What? Soo-ya listen to the doctors. You have to take care of your health. But you hypocrite. You say that to me when you are ignoring the doctors and are walking around. And what going travelling? You...you terrible person.." Lady Hae Soo's voice grows quieter as now her husband was in front of her and was touching her shoulders so she could look at him. The silence of the room allowed everyone to hear both the prince and the lady's voices.

"Soo-ya. I'm fine. I didn't move much. I only moved as much as it was necessary. Soo-ya. I'm really fine. You know that kind of thing is not enough to harm me."

"You terrible jerk," now the lady was silently crying but it did not mean she grew quiet, "Why? Why did you do that? Why couldn't you have just warned us to get out of the way, why did you shield us with your body? Did you think your father wants his son to die for him? Do you think I want you to die for me?"

"There was no time, Soo-ya. I knew that I will not die, you know that."

"You will not die? what are you saying? Just because you are strong, doesn't mean you cannot be hurt? You just got better and now you are hurt again? Just who am I that you step in front of the arrows without dodging them? Did you even think about what I will go through?"

"Soo-ya," now the prince was touching his wife's face as he sooths her, his fingers wiping away her tears, "I told you before. How I can ever live without you? You are my wife. My lover. Mine. I need to make sure you were not hurt. I promised myself not to let you get hurt, I refuse to ever hear the words that you are sick or hurt ever again."

"You stupid prince, of course I am going to get sick. No one is immune against the cold. But if I have to be careful, Hwangjanim also has to stop getting hurt."

"Alright, I will be extra careful from now on."

"Also, absolutely no travelling for you until you get a clean bill of health."

"If it is a royal order?"

"I will talk to Pyeha to let you rest some more before going. Besides I know that Pyeha will never do that to you, his little disappearing prince that almost resulting in him calling the royal army to find you."

"Just why did Pyeha tell you that old tale?"

"Because of how much Pyeha loves his new daughter-in-law." Now the fighting couple were suddenly at peace and were bickering back and forth in an affectionate manner. Then the lady yawns, "I am going back to sleep, I used up all of my energy worrying then getting angry at you. Hwangjanim, promise me that you will finish whatever you were doing and go to sleep in an hour, if not I will drag you to bed myself by your ears if I have to." With that parting words, the lady walks back over to the bed, and pulls the blanket over her body and lay down to sleep. Never noticing the audience to her fight with her husband.

Wang So

He was right when he had said in the past, that dealing with Soo was more complex and difficult than any foreign nations. This was the second time that she threw something at him in anger, first with that wire when she caught him watching her dress. But she never seem to do that in their past lives. He knew that Soo would have tampered down her natural behaviour as to not draw attention to herself, or make that man whom she had feelings for think her un-ladylike. However, with him, Wang So, Hae Soo was free. She could act naturally and never need to suppress her feelings. Like she had said, in this life they were going to love each other with their entire heart and soul and not hide at all.

Turning his back to the bed, he got another shock. There in front of him was his brothers, his father the King, Ji Mong, Captain Jang, General Park, and royal guards. And somewhere during his argument with Soo, Park Soon Deok has returned. All of them had witnessed that fight. The King had witnessed the fight with screaming, tears that ended with bickering. Not to mention the pillows. He could guarantee that no one had ever witnessed a scene like that in their entire life. And there was nothing he could say, all he could do was look down. When he was with Soo, his entire world just fades out till it is just her that he pays attention to.

"Well," that was Baek Ah, maybe he will say something that will break this silence, "I have learnt a lot about women especially angry women more than I ever knew." Why mention what happened could he not have introduced a different topic?

"I never want to be near an angry lady. Hyung, you are great that you could make Noonim happy again." Jung-ah of course did not like angry or crying Soo more than So ever did.

"Pyeha, please when you arrange our marriage, don't do it to someone like Soo. We all like her, but like Hyungnim said I rather have fun with her than have to deal with an angry Soo." Well that statement caused chuckles to go around the room. Trust Eun-ah to break the awkwardness. Since he was still standing, he walk back and sit in the chair. The minute he sat down, his younger brothers were back to fussing about him.

"Lady Soo is right, we need to rest. We have to not let anyone know what we have found out, talking about this to anyone not present in this room, even the other princes are strictly forbidden unless you have my royal command. Now to draw out the masterminds will require more preparation. In the meantime, Captain increase the security, General keep an eye out on the army. 4th Prince for your wife's protection, I order Park Soon Deok to stay by her side as her guard in disguise. Crown Prince, I will see you at the morning assembly. Then everyone get some sleep, I need all of you alert from now on. 4th, you are to remain as still as possible till the doctor have authorized the move, though you will have to go back to your residence tomorrow sometime in order to avoid any suspicions."

After his father stands up, so does the rest of the room. Once the King exits, the General and Captain leaves with the guards. After numerous assurances that he wa just going to sleep, his brothers also left. Now when he is finally alone, So takes off his outer layers of hanbok that he had put on before calling the King, reach up and release his hair from the sangtu so his hair is free and there is no weight on his head. Then he makes his way to where his Soo is sleeping, and he quietly gets under the covers with her. He pulls her close to him and wraps his arms around her. Soo. His lover. His life. She was safe and unharmed and she was sleeping soundly in his arms. Squeezing her body closer to his, he closes his eyes to finally let his body rest.