Wedding Night

The World They Create Together

Wang So

He was waiting in the courtyard for his wife to arrive after changing out of his wedding hanbok. His wife. Hae Soo was now his wife. It was something that he will never get tired of remembering. In his heart and mind, he had been married to her for a long time, but now he will be able to call her his buin out loud in front of all.

"Your Highness," turning towards the sound, he turns around and there he sees her. She was dressed in the same blue and ivory hanbok she wore the day he went to get her cousin's permission for their marriage. But now her hair was up as she was now a married woman. His wife. Smiling he approach beneath the steps she was standing on and silently offer her his hands. Unlike before, Soo places her hand in his without any hesitation and he slowly let his wife climb down the steps till she was right in front of him. She was too beautiful, unable to help himself, he pulls her closer to him by putting his arms around her waist and pull then gently touch her cheeks with his hand as Soo looks up at him with her large doe-like eyes.

"My beloved Soo-ya, I love you." Then he pull her in for a kiss. Not a long one no matter how much he wanted to but long enough that her lips were slightly swallowed. As he pulls his lips away from hers, his eyes took all of her in. Her smiling and happy face and eyes that were filled with love. He releases her body slightly before Wang So puts his hands with hers and silently start to walk towards their new home.

Hae Soo

She was back in the gardens with him. No matter how long it took, all of her wishes seemed to be coming true one by one in a way. She got closer to the prince besides her and now also had her free hand on his forearm so her body was squeezed to his. His warm, hard, strong and gentle body. Capable of the greatest love to the greatest terror. She just enjoy this first walk together as a married couple towards their home. The 4th Prince's private compound. But what about a name?

"Your Highness…"

"Soo-ya, we are alone right now." He didn't even turn towards to face her but he could see the slight sign of a pout on his face.

"Yes I understand. Wang So-nim," Then her husband. Her HUSBAND, turns to look at her with questioning eyes, "what should we name our house?"

"Name our house?" Seriously how cute was that confused face on him. Though she will never tell him that.

"Yes, you are the one that said that we name things we want to grow, I want to grow together with the house, so we have to name it." Her prince seemed to have got her point but now it was the difficult task of choosing a name.

"What about 'Byul' for the stars that can only be seen in Goryeo that we both like?" Soo thought it over 'Byul'. The stars in the night which was always present when they met either visible or invisible. In a way it was a silent witness of their interactions, just like Soo wish their house will be a shelter and a witness of their lives together away from the rest of the world.

"I like that name. 'Byul'. Our house." Smiling, she once again starts to walk together the prince through the familiar road besides the lotus pond. She was so glad that this garden path was so close to their new home together, she could visit the Damiwon gardens everyday. When it is was lightly snowing like it is now, or when the spring comes. She feel her prince's hands squeezing her hand tighter so she simply pull her body closer to his.

"Soo-ya, there's something I want you to see. There just ahead under that tree." Looking up at where the prince was pointing at she saw stones. There were prayer stones. She knew without asking that the prince had piled it up himself. For her who missed the prayer stones, who even if they can travel out of the palace more easily than before, but it will still be difficult sometimes so he had built another place for prayer. All for her.

He truly could be the most caring man, then just because she could, she reached up and tug his collar down till his faces is down at her height and with a smile on her face, give him a quick peck on his lips. Then while he was momentarily stunned, she grabs his hand and run while pulling on his arm towards their house, she will visit the prayer stones later, right now she wants him to herself behind closed doors. She wants to kiss him, but a more hotter and messy kiss. She wants a real French kiss from her husband.

Wang So

He was going to reward his servants with something special. For their surprise, when Soo had noticed it has his wife light up like the moon and she was so happy that she ran straight towards it.

There at an hidden corner of the residence, close to their private chambers was an outdoor bed. A large bed made of straw with soft blankets on top. Around the bed were four polls that had a dark black fabric hanging on it connecting it so the bed will not be seen from the outside. A place to watch the stars together and if they want to they could sleep outside too, and when it was not cold, he made sure that the servants knew to put it away in the storage. Forgetting all about being graceful, he saw Soo drawing the curtains aside, and he knew that right there in the middle of the bed, was a spread of food, their dinner and snacks. Tonight they could be in their own little world uncaring of others with the stars above them.

"Hwangjanim, what are you doing? Hurry. Look there's even rice cakes, and is that meat? Did you order this?" Listening to his wife's orders, he moves to sit down on the bed, right across from her.

"Well, all the servants and slaves love their Soo-buin so much that they wanted to do something special, I simply gave them ideas, the rest they all did it themselves. Do you really like a lot?" The smile he received was enough. Smiling in return, he reaches for his wife's hand and slowly kiss her palm and then her wrist where there was a scar in another lifetime. "Hae Soo. My beloved Soo-ya. You will always be my person. My lover. My wife. My confidant. My queen. The mother of my children. Will you allow me to be completely yours too?" Now he felt Soo's hands on his cheek and slowly felt her removing the mask on his face and setting it down.

"Just like that day long ago when you declared I was yours. I can say that you are also mine. My friend. My lover. My husband. My prince. My king. The father of my children. I pray if there are any gods out there, that our stars are always aligned together so we will be together forever and ever."

Slowly reaching out to touch the face of his beautiful queen, So once again brings his face close to hers and gives her a soft kiss on both of her cheeks, before kissing her lips. Tonight was the night that they will start their life together as a married couple. The way they start their married life, is with with the stars twinkling above them as they shared a meal as light snow fell around them, hiding them from the outside world.