Pavilion

The World They Create Together

Hae Soo

After her tea time with the King, Soo was really happy. She got a smile and a laugh out of the old King. And she will visit the King often, she will need something to do so she will not be bored. She will not wait around doing nothing. She was meant to be moving her body and that is what she will do. And actually getting to complain to the King about her troubles will let her release her stress. The royal doctor in the past timeline said that it was built up frustration that lead to her heart disease, well all she knew was that the way to escape stress was learning how to deal with it. And laughter was the best medicine. Then she will go about laughing as much as she could.

When she looked ahead, she realize that she was at the lotus pond, so close to Damiwon. Her feet had automatically led her here. Since she was so close, no way was she going to pass the chance, so she climbed up the hill towards Damiwon. The moment she entered the gardens, she could hear laughter. Following the sound, she arrived at the pavilion where the princes were having tea and desserts.

With them the Princess and Unni was there also. The 10th prince and 14th prince were having an argument and everyone was laughing at them. Without realizing it, she was climbing up the steps of the pavilion, and the first to notice her standing on the steps was the Crown Prince.

"Lady Hae Soo, you were here as well."

"My greetings to the Princes and Princess" Soo bowed her head before looking back up again. Her presence brought an end to the antics of the 10th and the 14th for a moment, before suddenly they were in front of her. Now asking her who was right.

"Hwanjanim, Hwanjanim. STOP." When the two brothers stopped trying to talk over each other. Soo sighed, these two, really just how old were they? "Now, 10th Prince, 14th Prince, tell me what you were saying one by one. First, 10th Prince."

"Soo-ya, Soo-ya, I was telling Jung-ah that there is no need for me to read books or the sword I will be fine, why would I need to battle."

"But, Noonim. Eunnie-Hyungnim can't even do a single sword strike properly. He can fight with his hands, but he is hopeless. I don't like books either so I agree about that, but why not martial arts?"

"Hwangjanim, you both need both books and swords." Soo smiled at the pouting princes, gosh she forgot how cute the young princes were. "Think of this Eunnie-nim, what if no one was around you and you were surrounded by thugs, how will you save yourself? Now for books. I don't like them either but suppose I decide to give you a puzzle to find a special gift, how will you solve the puzzle by yourself, without asking your brothers for help?" As the princes seem to be thinking over what she said, she considered it a victory.

"Why are you at the palace? I don't think this is a place for you?" Well, the Princess strikes again. She was sitting near where Soo was standing, and she hadn't noticed that everyone in the pavilion had gone quiet and had been listening to her talk. With a soft smile, hopefully that hid her hate, she replied.

"I accompanied the 8th prince and Unni as they went to visit the Queen. We had to inform the Queen about my marriage."

"Right, I forgot about that. Your marriage to that unknown man that only wrote you a poem. Have you informed the princes about it?" The Princess had now stood up, and was in front of her. The two princes have gone back to their seat.

"Yes, I informed them yesterday." She was not going to let this snake win.

"Well, this will likely be the one and only visit to the palace grounds you will take, so enjoy yourself." The Princess quietly told her before she turned to take her leave from the tea time with her siblings with a big smile. Soo bowed when she passed by her. She really could not wait till their situation was reversed. She was not usually spiteful, but for once, she will wait for the day that the Princess had to bow to her.

"Soo-ya, since you are here. Let's go together so you can meet Jumong. So-Hyungnim is going there to set his wedding date then I will show you around the palace." That was Eunnie-nim, and soon Baek Ah-nim and Jungie-nim had added to his invitation. Smiling widely, she happily accepted the invitation. They had gave her an excuse as to why she was going to be with the 4th Prince. She was actually beginning to enjoy being the "Mysterious Bride of 4th Prince", it was like a hidden spy mission.

Wang So

He had already known that Soo was on the palace grounds, but still it could not compared to how happy he was when he saw her. Dressed in one of her many bright hanboks of yellow and blue, she really seem to love blue so he had made sure to pick that colour for her hanboks that they had ordered yesterday. Wang So knew that Lady Hae was also having many hanboks made for Soo but he wanted her to have lots of options. Besides he look forward to seeing Soo dressed in clothes that he had bought for her.

The sight of her scolding his brothers made him wonder if that was how she was going to be as a mother to his children. Kind but firm. He could easily replace his younger brothers with images of his and her children. With the image of Seol and her, the wish that never came true. He had many dreams that he wanted to achieve with her in this new life, and he plan on completing each one of them.

He knew that Yeoh Hwa was displeased. From that he learnt, the King was now looking for a husband for her, somewhere far from Songak, which was exact opposite of what Yeoh Hwa wanted. She had wanted to marry him for a long time, he had never known that till he saw those vii-di-o-su in that room, but he will never marry her again.

Even if he was across the pavilion, he could see the tense atmosphere between the two women in front of him. But his Soo was strong, she was stronger and fearless than before so he knew that she could handle the Princess. But even he could not wait till the day that Yeoh Hwa will have to give her respect to Hae Soo. Not Soo bowing all the time to that cold women.

Perhaps one of the best changes about having his younger brothers knew the identity of his "Mysterious Bride" as the citizens seemed to call his Hae Soo, they could invite her to a meeting about their marriage without drawing any suspicions. Right after this tea time, and when everyone else that did not know left the premises, he can finally talk with his lover. As he saw Wook's face, he could see the displeasure on his face. Wook already had feelings for her and he did not want Soo to be married but what could he do when she was just a relative to him through his wife in the eyes of the people.

Wang So was not a good man, he was human and he wanted to bring pain to those who caused him and his love to leave each other. He knew that he was also at fault, but it did not change the fact that Hwangbo siblings were behind many of the pains that they had went through. Soo had told him that the best revenge was not even thinking about them, or doing something more successfully than them. Soo had told him on that day at the prayer stones, that the best revenge she could think of was to live more happily and love more deeply than anyone will ever love inside this palace. And that was not something that So had a problem with. He had made a vow to himself before his soul travelled that if he was given the chance, he will love Soo and protect her so much that even the heavens will be envy his love for his person.