Does she think I would care?

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slam! The door was just shut by the fiesty girl. Hanbin sneered at her direction. "Who does she think she is? A siant? Still treating me like a friend she said, I can't remember anything like that after we broke up? Is she kidding me? With here being like this, she must be deeply traumatized after I left her." Then he contemplated on Hayi's remark that she is going to be engaged soon. "Hmpf, as if!" he commented and drove away.

After getting out of the car, Hayi realized that she had done something stupid. She sat sloppily on a bench of a bus stop, she had a disappointed expression because of her actions earlier. "You are so stupid Hayi! Why do have to tell him about all of that friendship thing? You sound like a loser! Aish! I dont know what to do now! My god ... I even talked rubbish to the point of telling him that I'm gonna be engaged soon. Like what?! Why would I be engage when I didn't even go on a single date since our break up!" She slapped her own face for all those embarrassing things. The people around her in the bus stop wanted to laugh as they observe her.

She rode a bus to get to MS hotel, its one of Hayi's residences in Seoul aside from the Lee's family home in Cheongdamdong. This hotel is owned by her dad. She has been staying in MS hotel to monitor how it is doing, and is given full responsibility by her dad to make overall decisions of its business. Her father's goal in putting her in charge of this successful hotel is to get her business managing skills tested. Upon entering the main entrance, the supervisor approached and welcomed her. Laid back as she is, Hayi only allowed this overall supervisor to greet her as a protocol, all other employees don't need to salut to her, they must only keep doing their job.

Mr. Su is the name of this supervising manager. As he welcomed Hayi, he noticed that she was a bit flustered, so he asked the heiress, "Miss? Did anything happen to you?". Hayi shot him a look but then calmed herself down for a moment "do I look bad?" She asked. "Yes, well a little, you stormed your way in like you just came from a fight" he started to describe how she looked when she went in. Hayi felt embarrased by her own behavior, "Forget it. Its just because I had to take the bus and it was too crowded" she reasoned. Learning this, the manager was wondering "Why did you take the bus? Didn't you bring your car miss?". Not wanting to talk about it anymore, Hayi politely smiled and said "I just had too. I'll take a rest now". Then she quickly went to the elevator. "Understood miss" the manager felt that Hayi wanted to keep the reason to herself, so he stopped being a bother. After Hayi left, he realized he forgot to say one important thing, he quickly places the task in his notes to bring it up to Hayi via phone.

After dinner, Hayi watched TV lazily and changed the channel every 10 seconds. "Ahhh! What's wrong with me? I'm still bothered about what happened earlier!" She was biting the pillow she was hugging when her phone rang. She anwered it

"Hello?"

"Yes Miss Hayi, this is Manager Su. I forgot to tell you earlier that your dad sent an invitation today, its for an engagement party. Wang enterprises' eldest young master will be engaged with the miss from the SS group. President Wang is a close friend of President Lee, and MS group is also in good terms with SS group."

"Do we have to come as a family? I mean I have no problem with that, but I'm too lazy to go to a party."

"Yes miss, the president instructed that you should come along. So that you will have a face to show other people, it is cruicial to let others see that you have gotten over your broken engagement with you -know-who."

As Hayi thought about it, maybe it is a good idea to come "I think you are right manager Su. Ok I'll go, when is it? "

"Its tomorrow"

"Already?! ... I see. Such a short notice on my end."

"I have to remind you that the madam will pick you up in the morning at 7 sharp. She'll go with you in picking your outfit"

"I got it. Tell me once she's about to arrive."

"Yes miss"

Hayi puts down her phone and thought about the consequences of coming to that party. Its been a while since she went to a grand party with other chaebols. She was avoiding attendance to such events as much as possible, ever since the break up. Many knew about the ended engagement of the younger generation of the Kims and Lees. Some were glad about it, as they see another opportunity to match themselves to either of them, some were spreading rumors that Hanbin was sick of her because she is too strict or inconsiderate and that it was her fault, because most of the time men chaebols who had a long relationship tend to have an image of a good guy who endures and loyaly loves the woman for there is this implied notion that rich men can get any girl they want unless they love that person very much. So in the eyes of these A list people, Hayi is to blame for the break up. 

But once again, she wanted to prove them wrong, she wanted to show to them that she is fine and that she is not guilty as it was not her who prompted the ending of their relationship. She wants to stand firm. Right now her new motto is "I will never back down if I am on the right! Innocence is within the person's pure heart". After convincing herself that she will be fine for tomorrow's party, she slept comfortably.

The next day, maids knocked on her door to remind her that the madam will arrive an hour later. Hayi quickly woke up and washed herself, and changed into casual clothes. She quickly ate two slices of bread with nutella and drank her morning tea. She went to her big balcony for fresh morning air and stretched a bit while waiting for her stepmother. 

After a while she was called to go down, and she did. Her stepmother, the madam was waiting in the car. Hayi popped inside and greeted her good morning.

"Good morning mother"

"Yes, yes, good morning dear. Where will you get done?"

"I dont know, any suggestions?"

"Well I do have some, but I better ask secretary Hong because she is just about a bit older than you, maybe she knows some good places."

"Alright"

"... because I know that you are not into fixing yourself up a lot." Her stepmother gave a little chuckle

Hayi saw how she is being playfully mocked by her stepmom and gave a little snotty frown. "Its just that, it is not in my interest" shw reasoned out to save her i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter