Working hard

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already 8 am and the maids in Kim Gunho's mansion were knocking heavily on the doors of the guest room. Jennie purposely went to the hallways where the guest room is located, to check up on how the maids will deal with her night owl cousin. 

"Sir Bobby! Wake up! Please. Master Gunho is waiting for you downstairs. You've got to take breakfast with them!" pleaded the maid. She knew that she'll be scolded if Bobby won't go down.

Jennie kept silent behind them, but secretly made a mocking smile. She was just there, enjoying the moment seeing the maids suffer. However, her father's most trusted assistant came, Jennie had to act as if she was helping the maids getting Bobby to wake up. 

Now, it was Jennie who knocked heavily on the door and warned Bobby with her screeching voice. "BOBBY!!! GET OFF THE BED RIGHT NOW!" Jennie said.

Inside, Bobby was just tossing and turning in his bed and ignorned all the noise outside. But when he heard Jennie's voice he immediately knew that he should go out. "! Why wake me up so early!" He said in a low voice.

"Yeah yeah! I'm coming! Just wait" he said towards the noisy door. Then he reached out for a clean shirt and comfy pants, as he was only wearing boxers.

As he opened the door, he saw Jennie and the others crossing their arms while looking at him. "You better wake up at 7 am by tomorrow. You know dad doesn't like slackers! Come on!"  Jennie reminded. Actually she doesn't care about Bobby she just wants to make her image look good before the staff.

"I told you that its hard for me to wake up early." Bobby said as they approach the stairs. Jennie answered him simply with "do  you really think I care?" Bobby had no choice  then but only to make faces behind her back.

As soon as both of them reached the garden by the pool where there was an elegant table of food for breakfast, Kim Gunho stopped reading the newspaper and said "you're lucky that its a saturday" , then he looked at Bobby with stern eyes.

"Good morning uncle. Are you talking about me?" Bobby made a playful grin, but his charms did not affect his cold faced uncle.

"Yes, you. When its breakfast, we should eat together as a family at 7 am. You should be in this table by 6:50 am, understood?" said Kim Gunho.

"Yes sir!" Bobby playfully said, but he was also serious. The staff around them were actually astonished at how bold Bobby can be around his uncle.Thus, they concluded that despite the strict appearance, Kim Gunho really doted on Bobby.

"Jennie, " said Gunho as he diverted his attention to his daughter, "today, show Bobby around the office, I will be introducing him as the new assistant project manager" he said.

Jennie was confused for a moment, she knew that Bobby would eventually be taken in the company one of these days but she never came across a position such as an assistant project manager. "What is an assistant project manager for? Its an unfamiliar position to me" she asked.

Kim Gunho looked at Jennie with a heavy heart, this made Jennie nervous in some way. "Why is dad looking like he's about to say some bad news?" Jennie wanted to know already.

"There is bad news" Gunho said, Jennie and Bobby both glanced at each other and then both of them looked at Gunho seriously.

"Kim Hanbin ... " Gunho clenched his fist on the table. "... He refused my offer, yet he choose Lee's daughter to lead the project and even asked for her consideration personally!" He angrily said.

Jennie was out of words, she bit her lip from anger and threw her tea cup. The sound of the smashing porcelain cup was sharp and it shocked everyone except her dad.

"I hate her! I hate her! Why does it always have to be her?! I already ruined them! But Hanbin ... he ... he ... what else do I need to do?!..." Jennie was in a fit of anger but her tears started to fall and couldn't stop sobbing. She was irritated at herself and at the situation, so she ran back inside to her room.

Bobby saw how hurt Jennie was, even though Jennie is a spoiled brat, she is still his beloved cousin. To see her cry so much and feel injustice, he wanted to threaten anybody who made her feel that way.

Kim Gunho knows how much Bobby cherrishes his cousin, so he wanted to use this opportunity to tell Bobby what mission has he got for him.

"Bobby" Gunho said. "Yes uncle" Bobby respectfully replied right there and there.

"You make sure, that as the assistant project manager of that Lee Hayi, you will frame her up as much as she will be blamed for doing grave mistakes for the project. I don't want that girl to get the limelight before the board of members, nor snatch my future son in law. Understood!? .." Gunho said.

Bobby was about to ask why Gunho was targeting the  girl instead of Kim Hanbin, but then when his uncle said the words 'future son in law' he already got the point. Kim Hanbin is someone his uncle needs and his cousin loves. Thus, it is that Hayi girl's misfortune that Hanbin focused his attention on her, its not already an option that her reputation must be destroyed, he must do it for Jennie.

"Understood" Bobby said with a nod of his head. "Good, get ready to start on monday" said Gunho, "yes" Bobby affirmed.

__________________________________________________

"An assistant?" Hanbin was surprised that a relatively big number of board members choose to assign an assistant for Hayi.

'Do they doubt Hayi?' He thought, but he was also told by his people that this newcomer is more likely an apprentice than an assistant. Hanbin was hesitant about the idea, at the same time he wanted to see Hayi again, so he made this news as his reason to get in touch with her. Unfortunately, she declined his offer to see each other, he was left with no choice but to spill his business through a phone call.

"An assistant for me?" Hayi said over the phone, then there was a long pause. "Isn't it strange? Do you think this person is planted by Kim Gunho?" Hanbin warned. 

Hayi was thinking, that if indeed this person, who is to be her assistant, is actually one of Gunho's people, its impossible now to take him off the team. Hayi knows how much influence Gunho has over the boardmembers, and that being against the decision will lead to nowhere. Hanbin can't interfere this time because its only a triffling matter about an assistant, to let him interfere would be weird and out of place.

"Let them be" said Hayi, "let just give them what they think they want. I'll see what I can do with this alleged spy" she said in such a reassuring voice.

Hearing how Hayi said things, it appeared that she is confident with herself and her capabilities. It also seems that she has a long term plan, probably a flexible one too, for the sake of not losing against the planted spy. Hanbin felt really proud of her, there was a sense of admiration towards Hayi.

"Ok, then I'll entrust everything to you" Hanbin said warmly. However a mere "Got it" was the response he got from Hayi and then the call was ended. "Cold hearted woman" Hanbin mouthed, after Hayi immediately ended the conversation.

_________________________________________________

Hayi arrived at the MS Hotel after work, and she was surprised at Taeyong's sudden visit. He was sitting in the main lobby's couch while waiting for her. Hayi could see how Taeyong's handsome appearance stirred up the new guests, especially the female ones.

Jaewon also saw Taeyong and thought 'its been a while since this guy showed his face.' And while he was in his own thoughts Hayi lightly tapped his shoulder. Jaewon turned around and was told by her to go ahead because she will talk to Taeyong.

Taeyong never liked Jaewon as Hayi's bodyguard and the aura he gives off towards him. Thus, he was relieved that Hayi intructed that guy to take a break.

"Hayi-ah, good evening" Taeyong smiled and carefully went closer.

Hayi blushed. She knew that Taeyong liked her because he confessed many times. This time, she has not seen him for quite sometime because he ceased to meet her often unlike before. Then now, he appeared so suddenly without warning, leaving her unprepared to see him.

"Good evening Taeyong-ah, what brings you here?" Hayi curiously asked.

Taeyong smiled a bit but had a playful face of showing disappointment, then he said "are you not going to ask me why I did not show up as often as before these days? It seems like you didn't miss me at all" 

He was teasing her a bit, but Hayi was all honest and kind that she did not want Taeyong to feel like she dislikes his presence.

"No! Its not like that! I also wondered why you did not show up as often now, but I pressumed that you were also busy. I don't dislike your presence at all" she defended.

"Haha" Taeyong laughed, then he looked at her. "Disliking and missing someone are totally different. But its all right, I'll count that as missing me" he said smilingly.

Hayi could not stop Taeyong from saying such things, so she only made a sweet smile.

"I came here to give this to you" Taeyong handed an invi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter