Helpless

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Of course youre wrong! He is not my guy. He's just a good friend, we've been hang out together recently. You know.... just the friendly type" Hayi explained.

"O... k....   but I don't know, it seems like you two are getting along pretty well in just a short time" Joohyuk said while pouring himself a glass of lemonade.

"Oh come on?! Do we have to be malicious to every guy and girl friendships?" She asked him for a change of thought. "I mean look at us! Were not really blood related, but were really good friends! And there is nothing between us! Aren't we an example to the possiblity?" She continued.

Joohyuk nonetheless, drank his lemonade and shooked his head for a bit then said "yeah.." in a low voice.

"See?! There is nothing between me and Taeyong. Besides, I'm not really ready for a relationship yet" -H

"Something to do with .... "him" ?" -J

". . .    . . .    Whatever  . . . " Hayi decided not to continue on the topic.

Joohyuk also did not want to talk about it, he wanted to slap himself for mentioning it.

"Alright... Now, what do we do?" Joohyuk was talking about what they would do now.

"We play tennis of course. Since were here." -H

"Well, be thankful that I'm here now." -J

Hayi smiled and was in fact thankful that Joohyuk came, if not, she would've went back to the hotel and be bored again.

________________________

It was two weeks after that incident. Hayi did not hear again from Taeyong, its like he suddenly vanished. She kinda misses his presenc e and was wondering what had happen to him.

She knew herself that Taeyong was just somebody new in her life, but he became a friend, and he gave off this light feeling whenever he's around. She is not exactly attracted to him yet, she just finds him memorable. It was very strange indeed that he did not tell her why he would be gone gor a while.

Because of her concern, she told her assistant to find out the number of Kim Taeyong's house, because the cellphone number he gave her can't be reached all this time.

"Miss Yong, please give me the contact number when you find the right one." Hayi instructed. 

"Yes miss" Miss Yong understood.

"Uh miss Hayi..." miss yong turned again to Hayi when the former was about to leave.

"Yes?"-H

"The head manager wanted me to relay to you that madame lee advises you to go to the mansion this evening for dinner." -M.Yong

"Ok, I understand. Inform the manager that I'll go" -H

________________________________

Meanwhile, in the Lee's mansion:

"Do you think this is ok?" Madam Lee inquired for the 20th time or so to her husband.

"Sigh... I think so"  same as the madame, President Lee  also doesn't know if what they will decide on is a good idea for everyone.

"I'm afraid what her reaction might be, I think this is too soon" madame Lee advised her husband.

President Lee just shook his head, then looked at his wife with a sad face. He said to her "we have to do this, you know the consequences. I've been walking on thin ice right now, there is no moment to loose..... I know , I know ..... I'm too heartless on my girl... " 

Madame Lee could not bear to her husband this worried. Although she knew what should be done, she knows that it is not something that could be easily done.

"What can I do? I feel so helpless" she said.

"Same here. The feeling is the same as how uneasy I was when I consented Hayi's engagement with Kim Hanbin. But this time, it harder to back out easily..... you know how good President Wang was to us all these years right?"

Madame Lee nodded, but she was still looking down.

"Aside from the fact that he does like our Hayi. He is very genuine in helping me save our stake at the company..... In fact he can't gain anything thing from this, but only I."

But after contemplating it for a while, he realized that President did have some personal interest mixed up in this.

"No, actually he gets what he wants too, he has been very vocal to me about arranging his son and Hayi's engagement." President Lee contemplated.

"He grabs this chance very much." Said madame Lee.

"Will we tell her right away? What should we disclose first? The one about you possibly be kicked out of the company or her proposed arranged marriage?" The madame asked worrily.

"Sigh... I think we should tell her about the company first. Then ... No, No ... lets ask her preference first, whether she accepts this proposal or not. I may be an ambitious businessman, but I am still a father whose most precious gem is his daughter.... I will give chance to let her decide. I'll just see what I can do with the company after." He said.

As for madame Lee, she is actually very scared of the President being kicked out of the company. Thus, she fears that if they would no longer be influencial and is poor, Hayi's future might be at stake.

The madame is so much more concerned about Hayi because the girl is still young and has a whole lot of life ahead. It would be a shame to make the girl suffer at such a young age. It is in the madame's perspective.

If Hayi accepts the proposal, the madame thought, even if she and the president could no longer give a good future to Hayi, Hayi will be stable if she becomes the wife of president Wang's

As parents, they are hoping for the best to come. They know that this time, they have to act fast because the bandwagon against President Lee is undoubtedly obvious and they are outwieghed. Not to mention, they just recently found out that Kim Gunho (Jennie's dad), who was one of the most trusted by president Lee, was in fact the mastermind of the schemes against the president.

_________________________________

At MS hotel:

Hayi's necklace was delivered to her room.

The hotel attendant knocked on the door, and Hayi opened it, she was getting ready to go to the mansion.

"Yes? What is it?" Hayi asked.

"Miss your necklace arrived. The man who accidentally broke it had paid for its repairs and now it looks just as good as new!" The attendant smiled.

"Oh! Thank you very much" Hayi took the box which contained the necklace and opened it. When she examined it, indeed the attendant was telling the truth, not a trace of scratch can be found, and she actually observed that the levers were made sturdier.

"Sigh, how will I ever repay that man. I know it was me who was careless for dropping this. How could he have paid for the repairs. This is a top class while gold, its not easy to find jewelers who could put back together such a fine accessory." Hayi said to the attendant.

"Uhm actually  miss, that person relayed a message. He said that be more careful with it next time because it seemed very special. He jokingly said that ..." then the attendant slighty laughed and blushed. 

"He said what?" Hayi asked.

"He said that he might not be the one who will accidentally come across it once again and take care of it." The attendant continued.

"Really?! He said that?" Hayi slightly laughed.

"Oh I almost forgot miss, he said his name is Jackson Wang and he also said that he was happy to be of help" said the attendant.

"Wang? .." Hayi asked.

"Yes miss, why? Do you know him?"

"Ah no, just a familiar family name" she said, then Hayi smiled then thanked the attendant for the delivery.

After hearing the Wang family n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter