Before the elevator closes

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayi, as soon as she came back from Jeju Island, her mood was bad already due to what happened.

No one from the staff disturbed her in her unit. They kept their mouth shut. Although the staff somehow had the gist of what happened during the meet up.

According to the  sources, Hayi was disrespected by her prospective fiancé. He was being too touchy, not to mention, some guy friend of that person came uninvited. So, that made Hayi feel that the meetup was not given respect.

The rumors buzzed around among the staff of the hotel. Adding more and deleting some of the information everytime it gets passed on to somebody else.

Back in her room, Hayi forced herself to sleep and forced herself to forget what happened because its a waste of time putting so much thinking about it.

Finally, she fell asleep.

___________________________________

Meanwhile, Jackson was about to say to Hanbin the name of his fiancé, which is Lee Hayi. However, President Wang suddenly called and Jackson had to answer his phone.

So he excused himself, leaving Hanbins question unanswered.

"What dad?" -J

"So how did it go? She was cute huh? Didn't I tell you. By the way, where are you? Why didn't you come home? Are you still with Hayi?" - President Wang

"No, I'm in my friend's place." -J

"Is that so? So tell me son, what did you two talk about?" - PW

"Well... uhmm... I'm not sure if I want to disclose it." Jackson has no intention of telling his dad that he first gave the idea to Hayi thay he himself is backing out from the proposal. Reason? He wants another chance for Hayi and him.

"Whaa... you are being secretive now? It seems that tbings are going somewhere good. Keep it up son! And oh! Remember to come home before 10:30, Ara?" - PW

"Yes." Seeing that its already 10:00 pm in his wrist watch, he already knew that his dad wants him to go home already. The fact that his dad is in a good mood, it is trully better if his good mood stays longer, thus Jackson mustn't do something that could irritate his dad.

"Ok son" president Wang hung up the phone.

Jackson likewise hungup the phone.

"So?" Hanbin asked.

"Its my father, I need to go now. He's in a good mood so, better not ruin it" Jackson said flatly as he picked up his stuff so that he'll be on his way.

"Ok, take care! Did you leave anything?" -H

"Nope!" -J

"Alright, lets go" Hanbin escorted Jackson outside his house and up to the elevator.

Then the elevator door opened and Jackson entered the same.

The door was about to close, when Jackson pushed the open button again, much to Hanbin's surprise.

Then Jackson said "sorry, I forgot telling you my fiancé's name.."

"Oh yeah that." -H

"Her name is Lee Hayi, she's the daughter of my dad's very good friend. The President of MS group, I think you know that guy" -J

Hanbin could not believe the things that was coming out of Jackson's mouth. He got stoned actually, his face showed no emotions the moment Jackson said the name 'Hayi'.

Much to his shock, he was not able to do anything when Jackson said goodbye and finally released the button to close the elevator door.

When the door was already completely closed, Hanbin thought about the things that he just heard from Jackson.

It made Hanbin's mouth agape.

"What?..." it was all he could say.

__________________________________________

 A had passed already, when Hayi decided to attend the board member's meeting.

It was the first time that she went herself to check upon what goes on now within the company. Her several attendances in the past, were all invitations by her dad and the company board.

Lee Hayi knew, with her dad not getting any much stronghold in the company, her uninvited appearance might be heavly frowned upon by many.

However, she wanted to brush away any of those thinking, that other people might have. She is willing to be in the hot seat, because she wants to know what is really going on. She has had enough of being clueless.

When Hayi entered the elevator, it almost closed, but then it suddenly opened up again. This time the person who caught up the closing door was none other than the proud Jennie Kim.

Jennie was with some people too just like Hayi. Hayi's staff were about 2 people, Jennie's were 4, including Jaewon who was wearing a mask.

The masked Jaewon made a scary impression to Hayi, because of his built and cold eyes.

When the elevator room became too skimpy for all of them, Jennie acted scoffly and said "excuse me Lee Hayi, but the elevator is too skimpy now, seeing that you don't have much people unlike me, why don't you give chance for me to ride this first?"

"Wow! Jennie, I came here first. You have to go out now, first come first serve got it?" Hayi fired back.

Jennie was showing a sour expression with Hayi's straight to the point answer, but she had no plans to back off.

"Hmph! Seeing you here is unsual. You just came now that everything is lost for you and your dad. You really can't take care of something properly Hayi. You always loose to me, because you're not good enough." Said Jennie bitterly.

As Hayi listened to her ex friend, Hayi hoped that somewhere inside Jennie still holds a longing to bring back their friendship.

But apparently Jennie change too much for Hayi to see any hope now.

Jaewon, who was observing at the side, saw that this Lee Hayi is someone his financer hates. Therefore, he took it to his mental note that he should also not favor this person in the future.

"You know what princess? You go ahead. That's what you do best anyway, you steal other people's privileges and rights. Stepping on other people and getting to the top by dragging people down. There, I'm gonna give your title to you! Because you highly deserve it!" Hayi wittily said.

Jennie felt embarrassed and was not able to said anything else further. Eventually, Hayi went out of the elevator, looked at Jennie Kim and her people and mockingly bowed to the latter before the elevator door closes.

Jaewon laughed after the door closed. He said "whhaaaahaha! That girl sure knows how to use her words! You got-" he was about to say it to Jennie's face but Jennie was really mad and made a scary aura.

"Shut up! If you say anything about her again, I'm gonna stash out a big cash from your finances! Got it?!"  -J

Jennie said this to scare Jaewon, but he instead smiled behind his masked face and reminded Jennie "nah uh! You don't have the ace. I have it, but don't worry about the girl. Didn't you say yourself that she already lost?"

Then after hearing those words from Jaewon, Jennie nodded with a snister smile.

"You're right, she has nothing now." 

_____________________________________

"Miss Hayi! Why did you let that evil girl step on you like this?" one of Hayi's staff said. "Miss no matter what, you are still the president's daughter, nothing is established permanently yet. That girl is very confident yet her dad is still not president." The other one said.

Hayi listened to the words of her concerned assistants. She looked down a bit for a moment and then when the other elevator opened, she said "lets just go". Then the assistants quietly followed her.

When they finally saw each other again on the 45th floor, Jennie and Hayi, outside the meeting room's door, the two took their best behavior before entering.

Seeing Jennie Kim all smiley to Hayi was cringe worthy to Jaewon. 'What a fake' he thought of Jennie. When he observed Hayi as well, he notices her calm expression. To see her so calm like that, also calm Jaewon's heart, but he doesn't know why the calmness radiates to him.

Meeting doors finally opened to the two girls and they were welcomed in as their assistants waited outside.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter