Family matters

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What is it this time?" Jackson asked liked a bored listener.

"You like ladies don't you?"

"That depends if that person is pretty and gorgeous"

"I can say she's pretty, rich and chinese"

"I'll take it!" Jackson immediately replied.

"Ok, but first I have to tell you why I needed your help about her" said Hanbin.

"let me guess, she likes you, but you don't like her, you don't wanna hurt her, so you're using me as a lure for her to get away from you" Jackson said his thoughts.

"Wow, I did not know you were a genius." Hanbin could not believe that Jackson's conclusions were that on point.

"Genius? Its pretty obvious that it happens to you a lot. You know what? You should be happy that these things are happening to you. It means that you're in demand man!"

"But its annoying"

"I really don't understand you Hanbin, you have no girlfriend, you can do whatever you want."

"Look, I may be single, but I'm married with my job. Most of the time, girls are just nuisance"

"Hey, you were once engaged right?"

"Yes, and that's why I broke it. I found the relationship unnecessary" Hanbin said in a cold tone.

"Ok I get it" Jackson don't want to angry the cold voiced Kim Hanbin. Jackson thought 'this Kim Hanbin, trying to hide it, but I know he does not want to talk about his past love because he's still affected. Tsk!'

"So, how long do think you can sweep this chinese girl off her feet?" Hanbin asked.

"Consider it done!" Jackson confidently said.

"Great! Well get it started by wednesday, she invited me to her auction party the day after tomorrow. See you there." Hanbin said.

"Ok" Jackson affirmed, then hung up his phone and went back inside the Hotel for the desserts.

---

After the family dinner, Hayi said her goodbyes to her parents because she has to go back to MS Hotel. Before she could get in the car, secretary Yoo gave her something. It was a pretty pink box with a white silk ribbon. 

"The president got this for you while he was in Japan." The secretary said.

"Oh! Thank you. Say that to dad." Then Hayi smiled and hopped in the car.

Inside the car she opened the gift, and she was delighted the moment she opened it. There were lots of goodies inside, one was a golden necklace with a circle shaped locket, inside was a picture of her real mom. Another thing inside was a very elegant carved wooded box, inside it were several sets of diamond earrings designed like snow flakes. Lastly, there was a luxury designer black bag. This particular bag is so Hayi, not extravagant,  but elegant.

 After checking the gifts, Hayi smiled a sweet smile. Then she said "Dad really knows my style."

She then set it all back inside the box and waited to get to MS Hotel. 

--- 

Meanwhile, Jackson just finished his desserts and waited for the bil. 

When the bill came given by the waiter, Jackson complemented the chefs of the restaurant. "Great food you have here! Its my first eating here, who owns this hotel again?" He asked.

"The MS Hotel is under President Lee of MS group sir" the waiter replied.

"Ahh yes, I forgot its 'MS' Jackson said noddingly. Then he thought 'president Lee  ... isn't that guy dad's good friend? I think he is'.

After that Jackson already went his way out to the entrance and waited for the valet guy to get his car. When his car arrived, he was about to get it, but noticed that he stepped on something. When he looked at the lumpy thing he stepped on, he noticed that it was a necklace with a pendant. 

And it seems like he broke it pretty bad. When he picked it up from the ground he held it and clearly observed it. "Ughh, the locket even split into two..." he said to himself.

Seeing that the hotel staff also saw the little accident which he git into, he thought first about leaving it for the hotel to fix, but after properly looking at the necklace, he could exactly tell that it is a very expensive kind of jewelry, and not to mention, it feels like that its very special to someone, because there was a picture inside.

After thinking about it for a moment, Jackson decided that he'll take care of the fixing, because apparently it is his fault for the deformation.

So, Jackson approached a hotel staff and said "Hey man, see this? I broke it and I'm gonna fix this for the owner because its my fault. After its fixed, I'mma go back here and leave it to this hotel so that the owner can get it back..... and if you see the owner looking for it here, tell that person about what I said". Jackson gave very specific instructions to the staff, who affirmed that his instructions are carefully noted.

After that, Jackson went away with his car.

-----

10 minutes earlier, before Jackson got out to the entrance and stepped on the locket, Hayi came from the mansion with the box on her hands. 

What she did not realize was that there was a bit of space under the box edges where tiny things could slip through. The necklace slipped through because Hayi forgot to put it back in the pouch bag when she opened it.

Hayi went inside the Hotel without any idea that the necklace fell on the ground. 

Back in her room, 30 minutes later, she opened the box once again to place the gifts in her walk-in closet. But she can't find the new necklace with her mom's picture.

"Where is it?! Where is it?" She mumbled to herself frantically.

She was so bummed and worried about it because it was the best thing she got in the box full of gifts given by her dad.

So she started calling some staff to help her find it, they looked for it in her room, she checked back the nicketies of the box, and they also traced her way, because she might have dropped it somewhere.

After an hour or so, Hayi went down to the main lobby and notified the staff there and the office which keeps the lost things. 

There she was told by the officer in charge that there was no locket found or kept in the office. However, the officer told her that "earlier miss, a hotel staff notified me, manager Su and the front desk that a guest saw a necklace outside the entrance".

"And what the person do? Did the person took it?" Hayi asked, she was worried that someone might have stolen it.

"No, no!.... actually, I think its the necklace that you are looking for. Apperantly, that guest accidentally broke it...."

The officer was not finished when Hayi exclaimed "br-broke it?!"

Then the officer continued when Hayi calmed back down " ... yes, but he instructed that the owner be notified that he is going to take care of the fixing and will eventually give it back to the hotel." .... then the officer continued "... he said that it looked pretty expensive and special so he has to take responsibility".

After hearing the officer's explainantions, Hayi calmed down. She hope that the guest would really give it back. She also thought that if all the things said by the officer is true, then she should be happy that the necklace is in the hands of a responsible person.

After nodding to the officer, indicating that she understood all of it, Hayi thanked him for the info and instructed to notify her immediately once the necklace is given back, because that necklace is pretty important to her. "We will miss, don't worry" the officer assured her.

----

2 days later, Hayi came

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter