who would like you?

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah! Get out of your room now! Don't start with me on this one!" President Wang banged the door hard that the walls of Jackson's room slightly shook.

"Tsk! This old man..." Jackson murmured while playing video game inside.

"... Just leave me alone old man! I will never let you win! My heart can decide for its own sheesh!" Jackson rebelled.

"Why you!!" President Wang was very angry because Jackson called him 'old man' in the presence of some of the staff. 'Old man' naming was only allowed if Jackson was alone with his family, as much as possible, Jackson has been regarding his dad with 'father' or 'sir'.

"Where is the freaking key to this room??!! Why is it so hard to find?!!" Pres. Wang was almost nuts in pressuring the staff, he was trying to divert their attention away from the 'old man' incident.

Inside, Jackson could hear his dad cursing and yelling about the keys. Little did they know that Jackson took the original and spare keys to his room and even added additional locks to his door.

"Its no use! You can never get me out of here! And don't worry about be being confined, I have supplies!!!" -J

"You'll run out of supplies eventually!" - PW

"Nope, I wont ... it can last for 3 years." -J

"Wha-?? Aish! Whatever, you get out of there eventually. You havent met the girl yet, but your like this already. I'm afraid you'll miss this good chance to meet a girl like her!" President Wang tried to lure Jackson with words.

"Hahahaha! Psshhh! You think I'll fall for that? How cheesy!" -J

President made a face as his son was making fun of his efforts.

"I don't care what you think! But I know that she is a good girl, a very good catch. She has grace and beauty as well as good manners, not to mention hardworking--- so unlike you!" President Wang tried to provoke Jackson.

"Hey I have good manners and beauty, in fact I am also hardworking, you just don't appreciate me!" -J

"Really?! Well I don't see it!... if you really are a good mannered guy, you will meet her first before having prejudice on her! Thats all I have to say!" President Wang rests his case and left with the staff, but some bodyguards were left in the area of Jacskon's room. They will get Jackson the moment he would snuck out.

Inside, Jackson thought about his father's words, but his pride is higher. Thus, he only went back to playing video games and tried to forget his dad's lures.

________________________________

"Sigh! That kid, just so stubborn!" -PW

Madame Wang, who was in the room, listened to her husbands words and only let out a smile.

"My baby is big now, I keep forgeting that he is of marriagable age already" -MW

"Yes, he was your little boy. Now! Well, he is still immature" -PW

"Just give him time. I'm sure he will like that Hayi, I saw her, she is pretty and modest. Most girls her age are too extravagant and proud. I think she and Naeun, our daughter in law to be, are quite similar, I also heard that they are good friends."-MW

Madame Wangs words extended a feel that she likes Hayi because of the girl's manners and demeanor. However, what Madame Wang really liked about her was her status. In the world of conglomerates, Hayi's family is quite influencial and flexible, a lot of business men would want an attachment to their influence. Little did she know that the Lee's are now facing a crisis, since Pres. Wang kept it a secret.

President Wang actually knew how his wife's mind works, that is why he never said anything about why he kept pushing this arrangement.

He only told her that he likes Hayi very much becasue she is his friend's daughter, plus he saw her grew up as a very sensible lady.

Actually, even if President Lee and President Wang were very good friends, their families were not that familial with each other. Reason for that? Well, they did not have time to get familial with each other. However, both families are civil to each other and would go to each other's big events, but during simple events it is usually between the two friends who will attend and not the whole family. 

Thus, Pres. Lee may be familial to Pres. Wang's family and Pres. Wang to Pres. Lee's family, but the other family members themselves are not that close. Jackson's older brother, Minho, only knew about Hayi via Naeun via Hanbin. Jackson had no time getting to know Hayi because he is busy with his own world, and so is Hayi. Jackson had been studying abroad when he was in highschool and college, while Hayi stayed in Korea.

"I'm happy that you like Hayi too. She is very sensible, she won't disappoint us, rather, it seems Jackson will.." -PW

"Tsk, stop that! Don't worry, I'll talk some sense to him"Madam Wang assured him.

________________________________

That night, Hanbin could not sleep. He kept thinking about what Jennie said to him about President Lee's crisis.

"They deserve it. They deserve it." He was saying this to himself again and again, but it didn't feel right, it didn't feel good. It was not what he had expected to feel. 

"Stop thinking about it Kim Hanbin. Listen to mother's words, it is all that matters the most" he said before closing his eyes and forced himself to sleep.

_________________________________

Hayi as well, cannot sleep. She asked herself why she keeps getting into these kind of stuff. Stuff like this, when her future with a man is determined by forces not her own. 

She gazed on the ceiling of the dark room, she pictured out her life in one illustrution. But she did not want to see that picture, so she waved her arms in front of her as if erasing the thought.

"What life is this? I wish I was not born in such a pressured environment. I wish I was just a normal girl, living a simple life, has freedom.... sigh ..... yeah that would be nice" Hayi whispered to herself.

Suddenly, tears flowed from her eyes. She did not see it coming that she is already crying. 

"What is this?" Hayi wiped her tears and said to herself "don't give up Hayi, its possible that this arrangement will not be successful. The other party might also be against this." 

After thinking positively, Hayi closed her eyes to sleep. But just when she was already starting to get sleepy, her phone suddenly rang in the middle of the night.

'Who could this be calling me in this hour?' Hayi thought. When she looked at the screen, it was an unknown number. 

"Hello?" Hayi answered the phone.

"Hayi"

"Yes this is me, who is this?" -H

"Its me Taeyong"

"Taeyong ssi?! Where are you? I haven't seen you in a while. You just vanished so suddenly, you got me worried." -H

"Really? (Laughs)"-T

"Yes of course. Wait why are you laughing?"-H

"I'm not laughing because something is funny" -T

"Then why did you laugh?" -H

"I'm just happy that you are concerned about me" -T

"Oh . . . " it was a bit awkward for Hayi " ... well its only natural that a friend would be concerned" she clarified.

"Alright, I buy it" -T

"Hey, why don't tell where have you gone. You did not say anything." -H

Taeyong found it so cute that Hayi is curious as to why he was not around for a while.

"Mom made me go to NYC." -T

"Oh, so you are there right now?" -H

"Nope, I'm actually now back in Korea"- T

"I see... yawn ... Well, goodnight! I need to sleep now. We'll see other somehow. Night!" Hayi is sleepy so she hung up.

"aish! This kid, hung up on already. Well I guess she is pretty sleepy. I just tell her about it next time." -T

__________________________________

2 days after ...

Jackson was convince by his mother to give the arrangement a chance, she conditioned that she promises Jackson that they won't be butting in on how he would deal with the girl.

This was relayed to President Lee, who had yet to get an answer from Hayi.

Hayi on the other hand had been busy about work, and finding out about the company's issue. She found out that the problem was gaver than she thought it would be.

Just think about it, Hayi's dad worked his all for the company, he inherited the company

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter