The Fishy incident

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thanks Hayi, you're the first person to congratulate me" indeed it was true, nobody congratulated Jackson, except for her, because of the circumstances.

"Really?" Hayi cannot believe that she is the first one.

"That's odd" she said.

"I know" Jackson said.

"Anyway ... Hayi how is work in the main office so far?" Taeyong changed the topic since things turned to be in favor of Jackson.

Jackson knows what Taeyong's real purpose for asking that question. However, even if annoyed, he was also curious about what Hayi has to say.

When Hayi thought about Taeyong's question she suddenly she felt sad. Although things are actually going well in terms of her performance at work, since she gets praised a lot by most of the board members, she is still concerned about her dad's position. 

She has always hoped that by doing such a good performance before the board, she would have the chance to influence the decisions of some board members to trust in her dad once again. 

However, the opposition was too strong. Recently, Kim Gunho accquired some of her dad's loyalists again do the second time. There is actually so much pressure going on pertaining to her family's situation within their own company.

President Lee is still the president by name, but definitely and eventually, its not hard to see that Kim Gunho owns the position now. He just needs to finally be annouced as the new president, officially, and MS group will be in his hands legally.

All these years, Hayi's family had taken care of the MS group of companies. It will certainly be hard for her and her family to accept the fact that the company they once loved and took care of will be taken away from them.

Hayi wanted to say all these things, but she doesn't want the guys to know what is really going on. She does not want their pity neither their assistance nor unsolicited advice, she considered the fact that any help from them would be useless anyway. It is undebatable that they don't hold as much power as of the level of Kim Gunho's. The only person she knows who could over power Kim Gunho is Kim Hanbin. 

"Everything is going well actually. The board members are recognizing and commending my skills. Its probably going to be easy for them to see the potential that I have in store for MS." She said smilingly.

"That's great Hayi, your perseverance is very admiring" said Taeyong.

"I agree, I have a lot to learn from you" said Jackson.

For the first time that evening, the two guys had both agreed about something in common.

"Thanks, I'm just working really hard for this. You two might as well know the feeling. Were living in the same world." She said, she was pertaining to the feeling that of an heir or heiress' perspective when it comes to owning responsibilites and pressure. 

Both guys understood and nodded about what she said.

Jaewon on the other hand, who came from President Lee's side, is now looking for Hayi. He was tasked to find her and bring her to her father, who wants to say something to her.

Then, as Jaewon scanned the crownd, he saw Hayi. She's sitting between two of her annoying suitors. For Jaewon, it was obvious that those two woukd take advantage of the moment and will take Hayi's kindness and amiability as an invitation to stay beside her the whole night if not stopped.

More importantly, while Jaewon was about to approach Hayi's table, he heard some girls sitting right from the next table, talking about her. They were gossiping about Hayi in a malicious light, and it all seemed to be ignited because of her closeness with the two eligible bachelors who were always beside her.

Jaewon couldn't take it anymore, so he went over to the group of girls' table and said "Please do not malign my employer, she is only good friends with Mr. Jackson Wang and Mr. Taeyong Kim, nothing more, I hope you will reflect upon this."

The elite girls were the kind of rich girls who are generally sweet and timid. They only gossiped that way about Hayi because they pushed by their initial sense of jealousy over her who can easily talk to those handsome men. They never meant any  serious harm.

At first, the girls were surprised at Jaewon's sudden invtervention in their conversation. He was pin pointing with his eloquent words about what's wrong with them gossiping about it. But, what what made them even more surprised was Jaewon's perfect visuals. 

When they saw his beautiful features, they had to sink his beauty in for a few seconds before responding to his words. They almost forgot how to respond.

"Excuse me?..." said one of the girls, " ... you are just an employee?!" The girl asked while looking at his gorgeous facial features.

"Of miss Hayi? Yes, I am" Jaewon said.

Seeing the the girls were just speechless, he then continued to say...

"I'm sorry for intervening in your conversation, I know it was rude of me, so please excuse me" he said, and then he walked away towards Hayi's table.

The girls all looked at him while he was leaving, and  his broad shoulders and gorgeous back was all clear for them to see.

"Sigh! What a handsome guy! my heart couldn't stop beating fast" one girl placed her hand over her chest.

"Such a waste, he's not one of us" another girl expressed her dissapointment and the others nodded. 

As Jaewon approaches Hayi and company, Seolgi  came to Hayi's table a faster than he did.

"Guys, what are you all doing here? Let's all dance together! The dance floor is now open for everybody else." Seolgi's invitation caught the attention of Hayi, Jackson and Taeyong who were conversing.

"Oh Seol, you're here. You finnished dancing with your partner already?" Teayong asked.

Seolgi didn't like the sound of Taeyong's statement, its as if he wants her to stay with that other guy and doesn't want her around. However, she shrugged her disappointment and showed a smile.

"Yeah, I had fun dancing with him." She simply said.

"So? Lets all dance now? Come on!" enthusiastically, she held Hayi's hand to pull her up. To dance with friends was not actually the main reason why she invited them. She just wanted to pull off Taeyong from his closeness with Hayi at the moment.

She was apprearing very enthusiastic, but apprently, no one responded the same.

"Sorry Seolgi, I sprained my ankle" Hayi said, and deep inside she was guilty for turing another invitation down. This sprain act is a such a bummer for Hayi.

 To make up for it, Hayi said "but Jackson and Taeyong can go, I'll be fine here." 

This was the only way not to be rude to Seolgi's friendly invitation.

However, Jackson and Taeyong both looked at Hayi, and Teayong said "but you'll be alone here".

As quick as a lighting bolt, Jackson found a solution, and said "why don't you go dance with your friend and I'll watch over Hayi." 

Taeyong frowned at the idea, and was about to refute, but he was stopped by Hayi's assistant, Jaewon.

"There is no need for any of you to stay with miss Hayi, Mr. Wang. I will take her to her dad, President Lee" Jaewon, who has just arrived, said it so clearly.

Jaewon ticks the hell out of Jackson. For Jackson, this bodyguard always spoils his chances with Hayi.
'Here he goes again, he does this to me everytime' Jackson thought.

Seolgi was happy to hear that Taeyong cannot argue staying with Hayi against Jackson anymore.

"Ahh, is that so? Why is dad calling me for?" Hayi asked Jaewon.

"I don't know miss, he just ordered me to ask for you." He said.

"Ok let's go-" Hayi was about to stand up when Taeyong held her shoulders and said "be careful, you have a sprain."

Instantly, Hayi remembered again that she had a fake sprain act.

"Oh, yeahh.... but it doesn't hurt that much anymore, I think I can walk now" she said as an excuse.

"Miss got a sprain?" Jaewon asked.

"Yes .. but I think its ok now" she said, faking a sprain is harder than she thought, especially when there are a lot of fussy people around her.

"You guys go and dance with Seolgi! I'll go with Jaewon." She said.

"Take care Hayi" Seolgi said, she genuinely said that because she believed that the sprain was true. 

Jackson and Taeyong have no other excuses now, so they followed Seolgi.

As soon as the three were out of their sight, Hayi sighed in relief.

Jaewon saw this reaction of hers and concluded "you faked your sprain didn't you".

Hayi immediately looked at Jaewon and thought 'wow this guy is observant'

Then she said "I just wanted to lie to Kim Hanbin, and it escalated into this."

"Kim Hanbin?" Jaewon asked out of curiousity as to why Hanbin is the source of this situation.

"Sigh ... let's not talk about it. Come on, lets go to dad-" she said as she stood up.

"Miss, you have a sprain, act like it" said Jaewon.

"What?" Hayi was confu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter