Ring around the party

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Hmm, I know that Lee Hayi would try to buy herself' thought Hanbin, who guessed it right that Jaewon right now, is trying to out-bid the winning amount in Hayi's stead.

Hanbin understood how Hayi feels, but as a top elite guy, he can't lose his face to some random guy, whom the people present right now don't know that well, and they all assume that this guy has offered a challenge to Hanbin. Backing down would only mean that he has no pride.

Even if he knew in fact that Jaewon is just a regular guy. In effect, if Jaewon wins the bid, all the people today will acknowledge him, and then with eventually try to stick with him. That scenario is risky, there could be a big chance of uncovering his true identity as Hayi's bodyguard.

If that is going to be found out, Hayi will be dragged along. She might be criticized harshly for misleading the people.

To evade all that effect. Hanbin thinks that its better if he won't allow anyone to win but himself. He has to show everyone around, that he is the kind of man who gets what he wants.

Finally, Hanbin stood up and  said in a clear voice to let everyone hear him say "I'll bid a Hundred and fifty million won for her. All in cash!"
 
Cash! In cold cash right away. Everyone was astonished. It is true, they believed, that Kim Hanbin is a man of pride, power and money.

Naeun, who was cheering discreetly in her seat, gave the organizers the signal to accept the amount as the winning bid. She mouthed to them the word 'sold!'.

The organizers saw this and also gave a signal to the host to end Hayi's bidding.
 
The host got the instruction, and quickly, he said "Sold!"

Hayi, Taeyong, Jaewon and Jackson widened their eyes when it was announced.

"Hey! why didn't you ask the others to give a higher bid?" Hayi asked the host, who was staying at left side.

"Oh, I guessed the organizers felt that Mr. Kim Hanbin has reached the price ceiling. They don't want it anymore higher than his offer. Congratulations Miss Hayi, you helped the charity funds get 150 million won." The host shook her hand. 

Although Hayi also accepted the handshake, she still cannot believe  the fact that Hanbin won and that Hanbin's bid  was that big of an amount for her. How can she explain this to Yeri? whom she said to  that Hanbin likes Jennie all this time. How can she explain that why she was preferred over Jennie?

It was getting harder for Hayi.

"What is he trying to imply, does he really want me as a dance partner that bad?" She asked herself, murmuring, pertaining to Hanbin.

"Ok! Later, Mr. Hanbin and Ms. Hayi will take the dance floor together. Congrats to the winner!" The host added.

For Hayi is was too unneccessary for the host to say such words.

Jackson and Taeyong got irritated, and both drank their own liquors harshly after loosing the bid. Their day was just plain ruined.

Taeyong, felt like this day was Hanbin's lucky day indeed, and it was unlucky for him.

Jackson felt like a loser as well. He clenched his fists as he looks at how happy Hanbin looks. "Lucky bastard" he said.

Yeri on the other hand, did not know what to feel now. She was quite jealous of Hayi, but of course, its useless to be distracted about that. 

She is now looking for Jennie Kim, it seems like she's not in her seat. So, she opted to look around. 

While waking around the area, she suddenly bumped against another person.  When she turned around, it was Jaewon.

"Hayi's bodyguard?!" She said. Then after realizing that it was also him who tried to out-bid Hanbin in the bidding just earlier, she suddenly asked frankly "Why did you bid? I don't think you have millions in the bank?"

Jaewon coldly faced her and said "It was not my intention. I was bidding for Miss Hayi's sake. She said I bid for her stead."

Yeri suddenly got confused. Because all the while she thought that Hayi and Hanbin planned all of it to make Jennie Kim jealous. If Hayi asked her bodyguard to bid for her, why did Hanbin go to such extent.

She got a little more suspicious now.

Jaewon however, soon realized what might be going on Yeri's mind. Then he remembered telling her about the 'target is Jennie', so he must make thing understandable for her.

"Miss Yeri... " Jaewon said.

Yeri snapped out from her own world.

"I only did the bidding because Miss Hayi said she did not want to dance tonight, but I guess Hanbin really wants to show to Jennie Kim that he is still into Hayi, and its a great opportunity if he won the auction. Besides, Hanbin is already happy that Jennie won him. He just wants to make her believe that she (Jennie) must fight for him more" he said.

After talking about the phony explaination, Jaewon was tired and rolled his eyes while Yeri wasn't looking.

Yeri tried to sink it all in. Its still confusing but she's not asking anymore questions.

Jaewon needs to go and attend to Hayi's parents. "Please excuse me Miss Yeri" he said and went away.

Yeri proceeded to her brother instead. 

Taeyong was a bit drunk, but not yet tipsy, when Yeri approached him.

"Oppa! Are you alright? Stop drinking, what are you doing?" Yeri puts away the liquor in one side.

"Thats what I've been telling him Yeri" Seolgi worriedly said.

"Its alright, I'm still fine." Said Taeyong, but his ears are already tomato red.

Yeri knows why her brother is like this. So she tried to remind him that the bidding is no going to stop him from asking Hayi to dance with him. 

"Oppa, you're being ridiculous, you can still go to her if you want to. Just approach her." Yeri bluntly said.

Seolgi turned white when Yeri said it, because she told Taeyong that since he did not win the bid, Hayi won't be able to dance with anyone else except for Hanbin.

"What are you talking about? Isn't that Hanbin won?" He asked.

"So? There are no rules saying that Hayi is exclusive to him" said Yeri.

Taeyong turned to Seolgi with a confused look.

Then Seolgi had the need to save herself from the decieving statement she said earlier. She said "Oh! My fault! I thought the rules said exclusive. Sorry Taeyong" 

As she appologized Taeyong smiled and said "its no big deal", but you can see it in his face that he is just very happy to know that he can have a moment with Hayi this time.

_______________________________________

It was already the time for dancing, and Hayi was still inside the cubicle in the ladies room. 

"sheesh! I really don't wanna go out, Hanbin might be waiting for me outside" she said to herself.

"Hey! you're using the toilet for so long already! can you please let others have their turn!?" a girl who's about to loose it, because she needs to pee, banged the door of the cubicle.

Hayi wanted to stay longer, but her conscience won't let her, she pitied the other girl.

"oh ok! I'm sorry I'll be out now!" Hayi said.

"I'm so sorry I took so long!" Hayi apologized as soon as she went out.

The other girl however had no time for apologies and quickly went inside. 

Hayi felt bad, and the other women in the ladies room looked at her. She felt uncomfortable, so she just decided to go outside and face, sigh, whatever or whoever is waiting for her.

When she got outside, she looked around if there was Hanbin. Luckily, he was not there, but she could hear the dance music from where she is.

"Good! he's not here!" she said to herself.

"AHHHHH!!!!" Hayi got startled when she saw Hanbin standing beside her as soon as she turned around.

"My gosh!! Where did you come from?!" Hayi held unto her chest, she got so surprised it almost gave her a heart attack.

"I just came." Hanbin casually said.

"Why did you scream when you saw me?" he suddenly asked.

Hayi looked at him calmly this time and said "I was not! I ... did ... not scream because of you.."

But it looks like Hanbin doesn't beileve that.

"I screamed ... because .. I ... was .." Hayi was still thinking of an alibi.

"Because ...?" Hanbin was getting tired, but he was enjoying the moment, Hayi at lying, and she's very cute when she tries her best at something.

"I got a sprain! and it hurts so bad, I got it just now, when I slipped inside the ladies room" finally, she thought of something.

"and that means I can't dance" she said. 'Omg! I picked the right alibi,' Hayi thought, because it hits two birds with one stone, an alibi for the screaming and an alibi for not going to participate with the dancing.

'Hanbin won't really care if I will or won't dance with him. He has a lot of money anyway, 150 million won is just a pocket money for him whenhe goes somewhere' Hayi tried to justify her actions to herself.

Hanbin knows that she's just bluffing, but he is not planning to expose her, instead, he will go with the flow and try to make the situation benefit him.

"Really?! You sprained your what? Ankle?" he asked as if very concerned.

"Yeah! I did! so I can't dance withanyone, I need to rest! Also, I think you are just acting as if you're concerned, you don't believe me?" Hayi guessed.

"What? No! I believe you." Hanbin said.

"In fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter