Cold vs. Cold

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the next weekend already, Jackson calls Hanbin's phone. 

"Hey dude! You comin' or what?" Jackson asked.

"I'll be there! see ya later" Hanbin replied quickly. 

Hanbin lives in his own condo, well actually, his own penthouse that sits on top of his family's biggest hotel in Seoul. Right now, Kim Hanbin is the sole heir of Kim Sang group. Even if he was an illegitimate child of Kim Jonghan from an unknown woman, he was made legitimate first because Jonghan recognizes him; second, his mother was not fit to raise him when he was younger; thirdly and ultimately, because the legitimate family of Kim Jonghan died because of childbirth (the mother and baby both died).

Kim Hanbin was born years before Kim Jonghan was married, but when Hanbin was just a baby, Jonghan denied paternity over him. which is why Hanbin was raised by his mother. However, at the age of 5, Hanbin was claimed by Jonghan as his own son because he was very guilty for making his son live without a father. Since then Jonghan was given visitation rights, but Heeae, the mother does not like it. When Jonghan got married, Hanbin was accepted by his wife, Sooyul. 

Eventually, Hanbin's mother who was called Heeae, became mentally unfit for quite sometime and was not raising Hanbin properly. Jonghan decided that it is best if he adopts Hanbin, and would become officially his legitimate son. But before he could do so, there was news that Sooyul is pregnant with a baby boy. Jonghan then had doubts in adopting Hanbin, as it would make him legitimate, thus will be the direct heir instead of his going-to-be son with his official wife. 

Jonghan explained to Hanbin why he is not to be adopted. Hanbin, at that time just nodded, as he did not perfectly understand the effects if he is not adopted, he just knew that he has dad and his new mom, then that makes him happy. Unfortunately, Sooyul had a hard time during the pregnancy and the delivery of the child and eventually died along with the child who was still under developed, she gave birth during her 6th month of pregnancy.

After a year of mourning for Sooyul and baby Jin, Kim Pilsoo, Hanbin's paternal grandfather, allowed Jonghan to adopt Hanbin and make hin the direct heir, because he is the only descendant of the eldest child of Pilsoo and Jonghan's other siblings had no family.

So, after preparing his things for tennis, Hanbin took his car keys and left for the parking space. When he got there, his car was already brought to him, as the exclusive valet guy for Hanbin had spare keys for every car that he had. Today, Hanbin was going for the sporty look so the driver picked what Hanbin suggested. Hanbin popped in the car and drove off.

While he was driving, he noticed that a grey car was following behind, seeing the familiar car, he knew who was following him.

"Tsk! Jennie, when will you ever stop?" Hanbin was very annoyed that Jennie had to stalk him during his weekends.

'I guess I should out run her' Hanbin thought. So Hanbin sped so much that Jennie can't keep up. In the end she stopped her car on the side and cursed "Aish! Kim Hanbin! why can't you let me talk to you?! why avoid me?! sheesh!". After venting her anger, she picked up her phone and called someone. 

"Hello? Its Jennie.... I want you to follow and know where Hanbin is going" Jennie has been hiring a private inspector jsut to trace Hanbin as she was already banned from going in Starlight Hotel where Hanbin is living because of Hanbin's orders. So she can't get to him unless it is outside.

Hanbin, on the other hand was very glad that Jennie was no longer tailing behind, but he knows that a private inspector might be following him, so he called his body guards and comanded them to stop anyone who is following him. After giving the order he felt more relieved.

After driving for quite sometime, he saw a huge sign which says   " 'Oasis Country Club' this must be it, this what Jackson said" Hanbin murmured as he saw the sign. He called Jackson just to be sure.

"Hello, Jackson where are you? I'm here at the Oasis Country Club? Is this it?" he asked, suddenly there was a loud knock on his car window, which almost made him drop his phone. And then, there, he saw Jackson with a huge grin.

As Hanbin went out of the car he yelled "What the heck!? why'd you have to do that?"

"Do what?" Jackson asked innocently

"That! You scared me!" Hanbin actually is an anxious person.

"Ohh... ok!" Jackson leisurely said.

"Well let's go, the girls are waiting" Jackson pulled Hanbin from the parking lot to the tennis area.

When they got there, Hanbin saw that Jackson really knew how to pick the girls for their dates. Undeniably, their dates were models. "Yah, good choices!" Hanbin said to Jackson. "What'd I tell you? I've got good tastes" Jackson bragged his taste on women.

So the guys were teamed with the girls and they started to play tennis. The girls were undeniably pretty, but were too flirty, which made Hanbin cringe, although Jackson seems fine about it. When they were freshening up, Hanbin went to the bathroom for a quicky, after doing his business he saw a guy with a familiar face.

Then he remembered, he was that guy who gave his jacket for Hayi to wear during Naeun's engagement party. After realizing so, he quickly tried to hide and spy upon the guy. Hanbin wore his sunglasses and a hanky to cover his face. Then he sat on a table near the guy and a girl, and he tried to listen to the conversation. 

The guy was really Taeyong, and the girl with him was his best friend turned exgirlfriend. 

"Taeyong ssi, can't you give us another chance? I know you've been away for 3 years but I still havent gotten over you." the girl tried to explain her feelings.

"Saena ssi, I can't. I can't pretend that I still love you. In the end we'll just both hurt ourselves. You know that I am an honest person, so I believe that were not for each other..... Sorry, we'll be friends, but that's just it, I can't lie to myself." Taeyong was so straight to the point and it was too grusome towards the feelings of the girl, Hanbin thought. But then, it reminded him of himself and to what he has done to Hayi.

'I've hurt her a lot' Hanbin thought, 'but she's an enemy, so I must not have special feelings for her. That's right, I just ended

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter