Yeri will eventually stumble anytime now ... How about Kim Hanbin?

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

During lunch, Hayi and Taeyong were both quiet while madame Lee tries to warm things up by talking a lot of random stuff.

In her mind, madame Lee was exhausted. She thought ' this is not going well, they just keep on being silent. I have to do something now.' 

Suddenly, the madame's phone rang, then she thought that this may be a good chance for her to excuse herself, and leave the two so that they would have a moment.

So she quickly grabbed her phone, looked at the screen and the said "Omo, secretary Hong is calling, I better get this. So excuse me for a moment." Then she stood up and went away fast.

Hayi wanted to stop her mother, but it was too late. Now, that the two of them are alone, the silence feels more awkward and heavy. 

Madame Lee went to the comfort room and checked her phone again. There she saw that the ringing was just an alarm, luckily, the alarm has the same ringtone with her calls, because if it was not, Hayi would know that she is just faking this call.

"Oh... I hope they would talk to each other" she said to herself.

Back at the table, Taeyong decided to end the silence. However , he was still thinking about what to say. He was having his own debate inside his head about what to say or ask to Hayi, when suddenly, Hayi started talking to him.

"Taeyong ssi, I'm really sorry about being awkward towards you, its is just how I am with unfamiliar people, but I have to say that I am very thankful that you helped me before." She said.

"Oh... well, you're welcome.... but ahh.. I also have something to say.." he said.

"Hmmm?? What is it"

"Well, I have to come out clean to you. You know Yeri right? "

"Yes, why?" She asked curiously

"She's ... she's my sister, and I would also want to apologize to you on her behalf  because of her behavior that day. She was being unreasonable so I scolded her."

"Your sister? Yeri?" Hayi asked again as she could not tell that the two are siblings. There is too much difference with the personalities. She considers Taeyong as well mannered and easy going, while Yeri is a spoiled child who acts immaturely.

"Yes, I know its pretty hard to tell that we are siblings" Taeyong admitted himself. "I hope you will still give me a chance to be your friend even if Yeri is my sister" he said.

"Well.. of course, I don't actually hate Yeri, it was only that I did not like the things she said to me, because I found that it was too much. I've known her for three years already ever since she declared to me that she will steal my ex boyfriend. However, I still don't know her that much actually" She explained.

 Taeyong nodded to the things she said.

Hayi continued talking "but you know,  I find it very nice to see that you're there for her, to come to her aid. I guess its really great to have a sibling that can count on" She shared her thoughts.

"I guess so, but what I'm doing right now is not saving her, but I am cleaning up after her mess." He said bluntly. " I love my sister and all, and I know she can be too eccentric most of the time, so being her big brother I have this inate responsibility to watch over her or reprimand her and remind her what she must and musn't do." 

"Wow, you sound like her dad." Hayi said with a laugh.

Taeyong felt that the mood is lighter now because Hayi already laughed.

"Yes, I do get that a lot, most of the people who know me and Yeri would say that were not siblings but a daughter and dad team. Hahaha!" Then he continued, "but I would like it if she will change for the better".

"Don't lose hope Taeyong ssi. I think there will be a time when Yeri would realized it that she will have to change herself for the better. And that to genuinely come from her" 

"Hahahaha I wanna know how long will that have to be" he jokingly said.

"Well .... hahaha ....  I guess its unpredictable XD" she replied.

"Omo... I wonder what Yeri is doing now? Since were talking behind her back... lol" he asked himself.

Hayi also laughed with the thought of it. She said "Omo I'm so bad. I imagined her stumbling upon something while were talking about her" XD 

"Lol! Don't feel so bad about it, I imagined that she bit her tongue or lip!" 

"This is not nice!" Hayi said it, but she was laughing.

"Not nice?! Then what do you call Yeri? Evil? Hahaha" Taeyong responded.

Both of them found a common topic that they both found interesting and funny which erased the awkwardness between them. Who would have thought that talking about Yeri would come in handy.

Madame Lee on the otherhand was peeking from afar. She noticed that the two were conversing and laughing. What she saw delighted her. "Oh thankgoodness!!! It worked", then she decided to wait a bit more for a minute before going back to the table.

When madame Lee arrived, she asked them because the younsters seems to have been laughing a lot "oh! What were you two talking about? I can already see tears in your eyes because of laughing too much?" 

"Uhmm... " Hayi stopped before saying anything and looked at Taeyong while holding her laugh.

Taeyong got the signal from Hayi that it would be better if he would explain it.

So he said "Ahem... we were talking about a common friend who we thought is pretty funny. We were actually not that 'nice' because we were talking behind the back of that person" he explained.

"Omo, well I'm pretty sure that person is funny" madame Lee said.

"Don't mind me as I continue eating my lunch" the madame said.

Both nodded at the madame. 

After that, Taeyong and Hayi did not talk as much as they did when madame Lee was not around, they were only small talking but the awkwardness was definitely no longer there.

--- meanwhile

In Wang enterprises, Minho leads the meeting and initiates the presentations for the project proposals. He would introduce those people who would present their proposals. Jackson was among them. 

Jackson may be a mischeivous guy, but when it comes to their business, he becomes serious. Also the best thing about him is that, he is creative and not the stereotype kind of businessman. He mixes fun with work, which is unconventional and some elders in the company frowns at Jackson's ways.

Nonetheless, Jackson's dad and brother sees that there is more to Jackson's ways than what the elders see. It is a given that the world today is evolving and it looks like unconvetional ways would be preferable than the traditional ones, so they got Jackson's back. However, the support of the president and the successor alone won't be enough. Some would say that Jackson is backed by them because he is family.

After each of the presentation, the board members voted which of these presentations will get the highest preference.

Unfortunately, even if Jackson's idea was the best, most of the members prefered not going for it, as usual because it was too risky for them. This kind of treatment has actually made Jackson lose his confidence of being a good businessman little by little. He found the traditional ways boring and also found

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter