There has been a change!

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Tsk! Taeyong seems to like Hayi .... hmmm" Naeun talked to herself, she has been quite uneasy about it. Between her beat friend and family, who would she side on.

Its a dilemma for her because Hanbin is like a brother, and she felt the need to help him get Hayi back. She felt like Hanbin was genuinely happy during his relationship with Hayi, but the thing is, he kept thinking about the past, which pushed him to hurt Hayi.

"This is such a problem ..." Naeun mumbled. So she decided to call Hanbin.

"Hello?" Hanbin answered Naeun's call.

"Gosh! Why did you have to back out from the entourage! Argh!" Naeun immediately barked.

"Wait?! What?" Hanbin was confused by his friend's sudden yelling tone.

"You are such a pain, I already planned it for you and Hayi, but now its all ruined! Because you backed out..." she said

"What did I ruin? And why are you talking about Hayi?" Hanbin asked.

"Well, I initially sought it for you guys to be a pair for my entourage! But since you backed out, my cousin, Taeyong is taking your place!" She finnally blurted it all at once.

"Taeyong?!" Hanbin was shocked, he did not realize it. Much less, he did not even know that Naeun had such a plan for him and Hayi.

"Yes! Taeyong! Like how am I gonna reject his wish?! He's family and I was shocked as of the moment and immediately gave my affirmation for him and Hayi to be a pair." She said.

Hanbin, was actually not happy hearing about this, but he wanted to show Naeun thatn he is not affected.

"So? Let them be a pair, I have nothing to do with it." Said Hanbin.

But Naeun knew better and replied "what ever loser! We can't do anything now, but you must attend my wedding! You have to be there! Don't be busy!" She said.

"Promise, I'll be there, alright!? Chill! Its your special day, I have to witness it" Hanbin said.

"Good! And don't forget to look your best..." before Naeun finnished her sentence, Hanbin interrupted.

Habin said satisfactorily " I always look good"

"... Hayi has to look your way" Naeun resolved it as a condition.

"stop it! Stop being the matchmaker!" Hanbin pleaded.

"Sorry bye!" Naeun ended up the phone call.

"Tsk! What ia she thinking? Pairing us up ... shhheeshhh!" Hanbin sneered, but actually he kinda regretted that he backed out.

He was not trying to make a big deal out of it, the fact about Hayi and Taeyong. However, for the rest of the day, Hanbin seemed not himself, he was always distracted, or cranky, or just staring blankly at nothing.

The employees even avoided him, because they don't want to become a casualty.

"Hey boss" Hanbin's secretary adressed him.

Hanbin was not reaponding, he looked like super busy but was just actually rearranging stuff on his desk.

"Boss??" The secretary asked again. 

This time, Hanbin's attention was finally caught. 

"Yes?" Hanbin replied. "What's the matter?" Hanbin asked.

"You seem moody today sir. Can't you see, everybody is avoiding you, they're scared." The secretary said.

"Scared? Why? ... did I look grumpy again?" Hanbin asked.

His secretary just nodded to him and Hanbin realized that he is kind of affected about what Naeun said earlier.

"I guess, it can't be helped then" Hanbin said.

"What can't be helped sir?" His secretary pried, but Hanbin just stayed silent and instead looked out the window and thought of something.

______________________________________________

Hayi was from her weekly board meeting, now she arrived in MS Hotel.

When she entered, she saw Manager Su, who had a worried face. Then she approached him.

"Manager Su, what's the problem?" Hayi asked, and as usual, Jaewon was following her around.

Manager Su did not talk yet, but a person from the back called to Hayi and said "I came."

Hayi and Jaewon both looked at the person behind them, Hayi was the only one who recognized him and Jaewon did not, it was his first time seeing the guy's face.

The one who came was actually Kim Hanbin.

"Hanbin?!" Hayi was surprised as to why he had to come by.

"What? Am I not allowed here?" Hanbin asked with a cold tone.

Hayi was flustered, and then she looked at Manager Su. The Manager was about to apologize to Hayi, thinking that Hanbin was someone she did not want to ever see.

But instead of giving in to her flustered side, Hayi only said to him "Why would you say that? We don't turn down guests because of petty reaaons" she said it plainly, implying that she recieves Hanbin as a guest than a person that she had an issue with.

"Manager Su, I'm sorry for such short notice, it looks like you are very surprised as well" Hanbin turned to address the old manager who seemed uncomfortable with the situation.

Manager Su, who was initially worried, calmed down a bit when Hanbin humbly adressed him, at least Hanbin was being polite. Seeing now that he has no business around, he opted to excuse himself "Well, I am surprised to see you again here sir, but welcome. If you'll excuse me?" Yhe manager said.

Hayi nodded to excuse Manager Su and so did Hanbin.

After the Manager left, Hayi looked at Hanbin, who kind of acting aloof.

"What is your business here? Do you have a meeting? A date?" Hayi asked, with a tone of disinterest.

Hanbin smiled after hearing such words and said "I'm not the kind to just date around" he clarified.

Hayi raised her brow and asked again "So what brings you here?" 

Jaewon, who was just near them, finally had the chance to see for himself the Kim Hanbin that they were all talking about.

Now, he knew who Jennie Kim liked to the point of hating Hayi. He also knew now who was responsible for hurting Hayi.

However, from the looks of it, Hanbin is still quite attached to Hayi, judging from the way he looks at her. Jaewon don't like seeing them together.

Back to Hayi and Hanbin's conversation, Hanbin answered Hayi's question.

"I actually came here to specifically see you and talk to you." Hanbin said.

Then there was silence. Hayi was dumbstruck for a moment, then she shook it off and asked "What? Huh?" She didn't expect to hear such words from Hanbin.

Hanbin saw that Hayi became speechless, he found it cute, but did not show it in his expressions.

"Aren't you supposed to be Naeun's flower girl?!" He bluntly asked.

'Flower girl?' Jaewon thought 'is he trying to joke around?'

"F-flower girl?!!" Hayi furious.

She thought 'what the heck? Why am I a flower girl? I know I'm short! .... But a flower girl??? I think this is too much!'

Hanbin actually had no idea what they call it in the entourage. He had know idea that flower girls and bride's maids are not the same.

"Why? Arent you her flower girl?" Hanbin wondered, because Hayi reacted negatively.

"For your information! ... I'm not a flower girl. I'm a bride's maid!" She settled.

"Oh I didn't know..." Hanbin slightly apologized. Then he continued ".... so, I'm actually here because Naeun keeps on bothering me about being part of the entourage."

"So? Why exactly are you telling me this?" Hayi had no idea what its got to do with her.

"Can we be partners?" There, he said it.

Hayi did not know to react initially. She was not so sure about what he just said, in her mind she was thinking 'what did he say? Partners? I think I heard it wrong.'

While Hayi was still in her thoughts, Hanbin snapped his fingers before Hayi's face and  asked her again "Hey? I said, Is it ok to be partners with you?" 

Hayi now confirmed that he really said the word 'partners'.

Hanbin was expecting Hayi to initially say no, but of course if that happens, he won't give up. He went here to make sure that Taeyong won't be Hayi's .

But instead, Hayi asked him a simple "why?"

Hanbin had to give an explaination pronto.

"Well ... " he was still thinking about what to say when Jaewon was scrutinizing Hanbin's actions, thinking that Hanbin might still have ulterior motives towards Hayi.

"... I needed to be part of that entourage, because I'm Naeun's best frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter