The trap

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Hayi was already in her car in the parking lot, it is only when she saw the message of her assistant. It says:

"Miss Hayi, I'm so sorry but I need to go somewhere for a while because of an emergency. Remember the grandmother who I was living with? Apparently she fell down somewhere and my neighbor called the ambulance. They said she was taken to xx hospital. I'm really worried Miss, she is my only family. I needed to go."

Hayi became worried about the granny too and sent a message saying:

"Don't worry Ara ssi, its ok with me. I hope granny is fine and nothing serious happened. I can manage on my own anyway. Don't go to work immediately if granny needs assistance, I will be the one to explain this to manager Su in your place."

Hayi trusted her assistant's excuse, because she knew that this person would never take her work for granted. She has been with Hayi for over 4 years and her performance in work is comendable.

Back outside the meeting room, Jaewon saw that Jennie was just around the door.

Jennie then approached him with a sinister smile. She said "Cassanova! How smooth! Didn't know you had it in you" she .

Jaewon's expression was in wonder. "Aren't you supposed to be angry with me, because I helped her?"

Jennie laughed when she heard it "Why should I be? When in fact I just came up with a good plan."

"What plan?" Jaewon was curious.

"Jaewon ssi.." Jennie circled him "... you are really dumb."

Jaewon rolled his eyes when Jennie starts acting y again. If not only for his new apartment, new parttime job as a model and his new rover, he would have kicked this girls . But since he has it all he has to listen to her chit chat and keep up with her attitude.

"Jaewon-ah ... I can really use you" Jennie said.

"For what?" Asked Jaewon.

"Its something that you do best...

I need you to sweep Hayi off her feet then blackmail her or do whatever. Charm her, use her, and report her activities to me. Make sure you will get her trust" Jennie gave the idea.

Jaewon thought that this idea is really harsh. Whatever did Lee Hayi do to Jennie Kim? Keeping Jennie in the hook was already a piece of work for him. He thought about it and realizes that he might be worn out with this job.

Seeing that it looks like Jaewon won't agree with it, Jennie said "If you won't agree, I could easily sue you for blackmail and take away everything that you got. Did you really think I will backoff because of that video? I have many friends who can tear it down from upload immediately. Didn't it ever occur to you that I will use you too?"

Jaewon now realized why Jennie instantly gave in to his wishes. She was going to use those things against him. He couldn't afford to lose those especially the new house where his grandmother and mother comfortably settled in already. It was the only thing that he cares about, that his family will have a stable home.

For Jaewon, he had no choice this time but to agree. He realized that he belittled Jennie Kim's abilities, now he was caught in a trap.

But, what could happen? Jaewon was not worried about doing this kind of thing. He has done it to many other girls, Hayi is just going to be one of them.

____________________________________

In the car, Hayi got a call from Taeyong. "Hello" answered Hayi

"Hayi-ah is your feet ok?" Asked Taeyong

"Yeah it healed already." Its been 3 days only but luckily the wounds were not that deep, so the healing was quick plus thanks to the cream the doctor told her to apply 5 times a day. However, today, she had to wear closed shoes with no heels to make it easier and less painful to walk.

"That's good." Said Taeyong.

Hayi remembered that Taeyong and Jackson also had a fight that day she injured her feet. To be exact, it was the reason why she had accidentally injured herself. Truthfully, even  if it was the proximate cause, Hayi knew that the one to blame for her injury was herself, she was being reckless.

"How about you? Is your face alright now?" Hayi asked with concern.

Taeyong blushed after hearing such concerned from the girl he likes. Then he said "no need to worry about me. Worry about yourself."

Hayi was touched by his words. Taeyong has always been so kind to her. 

"Thanks.." she said "but still, you had your lip busted. How can you be able to face women again?" 

Taeyong laughed from the other side of the line and said "I don't have to worry about that ... as long as you accept my busted lip. Its the only thing that matters. I dont care about other women"

Hayi became silent after Taeyong said those words, she felt more conscious.

Taeyong felt the silence and then said "Hayi-ah ... please don't push me away. You don't have to like me as much as I do towards you, but I can't stand it if you will distance yourself" he said in a casual but serious tone, enough to say that he is really sincere.

Hayi was not actually just trying to beat around the bush with him. She is just afraid, that she might end up not feeling the same way at all, plus she knows that she has some personal issues within herself. Its what they isn't it? That 'how can you love another if you are not ready'.

But just like what one of her staff (miss yun, the one who went with her to the hospital) said to her, that 'one cannot control the other's feelings' Hayi thought that it would be trully unfair if she won't give a chance to a good guy like Taeyong. He seems persistent and sincere, unlike Jackson who just seems to have an infatuation with her after meeting up for the first time.

"Taeyong-ah ... " she said "... I will not push you away." 

The words he heard, lit up in Taeyong's ears and heart.

" but ... I need to clarify things between me and Jackson and our families. Its seems like Jackson wants to push through with the engagement and his parents had no idea that initially we agreed not too...

... I have to settle that matter first because I don't want you to be dragged in the problem."

Taeyong understands the situation and said " I know. Hayi-ah ... thanks, I'll be waiting."

"Yes" this was all Hayi said afterwards.

_____________________________________________

Joohyuk was in his restaurant preparing for the ingredients of tonight's special order. He was going to the grocery to buy more stuff when he saw Hayi leaning on her silver Benz's door.

The moment Hayi saw Joohyuk she waived at him, and Joohyuk waived back, wondering what made her come to his restaurant before opening hours.

"Hayi, what are you doing here?" He asked when he approached her.

Hayi then sighed to her hearts content, which made Joohyuk thought that she might be dealing with some problem right now.

"Joohyuk-ah, can I just hangout with you for today? I feel so worn out." She said.

"Why what's wrong?! You can telll me your problems, you know that." He reminded her.

"I know ... but its ... " she hesitated.

"But its what?" He asked

"Its a girl thing? I guess? Yeah probably ... yeah its is." She said.

"Be clear!" He demanded as Hayi's answer were not quite sure.

"Alright its a girl thing!!" She said.

Then Joohyuk wondered what it is, then realized something.

"Don't tell me its about puberty?! Finally you will grow!" He joked.

"Yah!" Hayi got irritated, but then she smiled and laughed about it afterwards.

"Yah! You are so mean! I know I'm short but I got hit by puberty already!" She declared, then she pointed out something "See?! I have body curves already! And my face got prettier than ever!" 

Joohyuk just stared at Hayi's pretty face and said "I know." 

Hayi was shocked to see him say that so she asked him once again "what?!"

"I said I know you got all that, but still haven't grown. That means puberty stage has fully gotten over you. Still a small child!" He said.

But in his mind Joohyuk thought 'dam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter