The earlier the better

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayi has been woken up by her own cold sweat. She had a nightmare, although she did not understand it since it seemed abstract. 

After sitting up in bed for a minute, she went to the kitchen to drink some warm milk. It was still 2 o'clock in the morning, and there was still more time for sleep before the day comes.

While eating cookies, she thought of the upcoming wedding of Naeun and Minho on that very same day which is to be held at 3 in the afternoon.

Thinking about it, Hayi felt very happy for Naeun. Naeun is a lucky girl for Hayi, since the former found a dedicated person like Minho. 

Hayi kind of envy Naeun's situation. Right now, Hayi is still 21 and Naeun is around 22 approaching 23. Its just the right age to marry, although the society now may have adopted the idea that marrying before turning 25 is too early.

Hayi hoped that before 25, at least she could have already found a guy who is really serious about her. If not, then Hayi doesn't really care that much, but still hoped so.

"This life is really confusing" she told herself, as she is reminded that right now, she is being surrounded by men who are interested in her, Taeyong and Jackson, yet she feels still kinda awkward about it. But Taeyong is at least more comfortable to be with than Jackson.

"Here I am, wanting to find my guy, but when a guy asks me, I get hesitant... this was all that Hanbin's fault... maybe I'm stressed ... sigh" Hayi said to herself, then gulped the last of the milk. Afterwards she went back to bed and went to sleep.

In the morning, Hayi was eating her breakfast when someone knocked on her door.

'Who could it be?' Hayi asked mentally, since its still 7 am on a sunday.

When she opened the door, Jaewon smiled humbly to her and said "Miss goodmorning! But um... I am a bit early today, I'm sorry ..."

"Why are you here then?" Hayi asked.

"I came here to report to you that the car we'll be using isn't the black Mercedes anymore but the white Volvo" he said.

"Why are we changing cars now? What's the matter?" She asked

"I just had a quick check on it last night and I had a hunch that the wheels need some work, but I just ignorned it. I went to check it early today so we can make arrangements to fix it if ever had any problems, then I found out that the engine was slightly prone to overheat when I examined it thoroughly" he explained.

"Oh! Good job. I'm impressed with you for bring an extra mile in your job" Hayi complemented him.

Jaewon just lowered his head with a humble smile.

"So! We'll take the white one this afternoon. No problem, its noted. You can take the Mercedes for a fix now" she said.

"Okay" Jaewon affirmed.

Hayi closes the door, and went back to eat breakfast. 

Hayi then thoughtwhile sipping her morning coffee 'surprisingly, Jaewon is such a diligent guy. I'm glad I gave him a chance for the job he did not disappoint me.'

______________________________________

Jaewon took the car with him, as Hayi instructed him. However he did not exactly bring the car to the a mechanic or any fixer, he brought it elsewhere.

While driving, Jaewon made a stop halfway his destination to call someone.

"Hello?" A man's cold voice answered.

"It's me, Jaewon" he said.

"Did you do make sure? Miss Jennie wants to know" the man asked.

"Yes, I made sure the she will be riding that specific car. I made the preparations" Jaewon confidently said.

"Good, our plan has to work. Miss Jennie already paid the sum" the other man said.

"Don't worry made sure. Trust me" Jaewon assured the other guy then puts down the phone and continued driving.

__________________________________________

"So? What did he say?" Jennie asked the man who Jaewon was just talking to earlier. Jennie was having breakfast by the pool, so the man just stood few paces at her side and talked.

"He said he already made the preparations Miss Kim. He gave us the kind of specific car to chase later" the man answered.

"I'm just making sure that he's not going to turn his side against us, its his opportunity now to prove himself" Jennie said while slicing her waffles.

"Miss, I don't think Jaewon has a choice. You are holding the safety of his mother and grandmother, how can he turn his back?" The man reminded her.

"I know that ... I just wanted to test him. You can go." Jennie said.

Seeing that Jennie had no more questions, the man excused himself to let Jennie eat peacefully.

After a while, Kim Gunho joined Jennie to eat breakfast.

"Good morning!" Jennie cheerfully greeted her father.

"Good morning .." Gunho greeted, however he curious as he can clearly see Jennie's unbothered smiles this early.

"You seem cheerful today huh" he said.

"Well, I need to be cheerful since were attending Naeun's wedding" she said.

"So what if iys Naeun's wedding?" her dad asked.

Jennie gave him the look and then smiled.

Gunho finally realized "Oh!.. oh ... yes, I get it now. You're happly to see that Kim Hanbin" her dad contemplated and finally found the answer.

Jennie just smiled coyly and said "That's right, and I need to show my inner beauty to him, that's why a radiating cheerfulness would be a great help to show my inate glow and charm" 

Gunho smiled proudly at Jennie, but went to remind her "Ok, but dear, remember, just don't act too fixiated with him. Be a little more reserved, men like women that way. We''ll generally, in my opinion."

Jennie nodded to her dad's advice but inside she knew that even if she acted as a reserved young lady, Hanbin already knows she likes him so he might not buy her act. However, with Hayi not in her way today, she doesn't need to be bothered much.

____________________________________________

Its already noon, and everybody who is going to participate or attend the wedding started to prepare themselves. 

Every young lad and lady from the rich and famous line wanted to give their best appearances for this wedding, as it was dubbed as 'Wedding of The Year'. They have waited many months for this event, that the excitement cannot be hid from their faces. Aside from parties, weddings are a good way to conveniently socialize.

The guests and the participants of the wedding will no less than be some of the richest chaebols in the country. Not to mention, eligible bachelors and bachelorettes will be there. 

The ladies of course wants to see a glimpse of these famous young chaebol heirs like Kim Hanbin, Wang Jackson and many others like Naeun's hansome cousins and relatives who are soon to be board members of the large SS group of companies, as well as the Wang group's relatives who are owners of their respective companies all over Korea.

The men, as well as the younger male chaebols, are also excited to see well bred young ladies from prominent families who are either rich, famous or both. Even if most of them could get any girl they like, these ladies from respected families and groups are not of those which can be easily taken. Thus, they would want to take some of these kind of women as their wife.

In a nut-shell, the wedding has become a hunting ground for good marriages between the rich.

However, even if such is already known as the nature of the event, Naeun and Minho as well as their close families genuinely treats this event as a very specially day for two people who love each other. Despite the politics and marriage hunting, in the end of the day it is the happiness of Naeun and Minho that matters the most.

_______________________________________________

Kim Hanbin gets himself ready as well. This time, he took extra effort to lookgood. 

He picked up his gorgeous tux and hired a professional to fix his appreance. Usually, its just he himself who would do the fixing. However, he just had the urge to look good on that very day.

"You look so fine sir! But you already look dashing the way you are." stylist nim is fixing Hanbin's suit.

"Hmmm.." was Hanbin's quick response.

"You don't believe me?! Tsk! Any girl would swoon over you as soo as they see you" said the stylist.

"You think so?" Hanbin asked genuinely.

"Oh sure! Any girl would, if she didn't, well I'm guessing that she's just a bit shy towards you" the stylist reassured him.

"Ok, I'll keep that in mind" Hanbin said.

He was actually quite cautious now that the stylist praised him so much. It seems that he would surely bewitch some girls today, naturally, as if it can be helped, but all he wanted was just to make an impression to Hayi. That's all. 

Currently, Hanbin's self confidence seemed to be waivering. He thought Hayi would still swoon over him, like she did many months ago. Even if he only looked normal or sleek, if its just him. 

Recently, he never thought that other guys would set their eyes on Hayi. It was quite upsetting to see her entertaining those guys. 

He knew himself that he is not in the position to be involved with Hayi's relationships now, but he can't control it. His mind is all over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter