The new rich guy in town

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun gave her best in trying to persuade Yeri to overlook Hayi and Hanbin's seemingly obvious closeness as of yhe moment, and pointed out that Yeri can actually benefit from the situation.

"Why am I in a good position?! How can that (while pointing to both) be beneficial to me?" Yeri just can't understand. 

Naeun smiled to her annoying cousin and confidently said "Don't you get it? You are the only one who knows that nothing of that (pointing again to Hayi and Hanbin) is real. If the others knew the truth as well, then you'd have a lot of competition since Hanbin is undoubtedly a hot item on the menu for among all those other elite girls." 

Yeri listened intently.

Naeun saw that Yeri listened so she continued to say "If Hayi and Hanbin seemed to be together, because ofnthe fact that they wanted to make Jennie Kim jealous, all the other girls would lose their hopes. Since they would all think that Hanbin is getting back together with his ex, who is his long time girlfriend. So, in effect, you, who has an exclusive knowlege of the truth, can work freely, and finally get the man that you want, the only person you gotta bring down this time is Jennie Kim. Think about it."

Naeun sounded so legit. Actually, Naeun had long been talented in persuading or misleading people, how else could she have made her parents agree that she'd marry this young. Originally, her parents did not want her to be with President Wang's son, Minho, as they already set their eyes to a certain chinese conglomerate heir based in Hong Kong. But, Naeun knows how to use her persuation skills in  a discreet way, so she got away with it. Minho and Hanbin are the only persons who can trully see Naeun's real face.

Yeri, who is still very young and impulsive, can easily be persuaded especially if her weak buttons are pushed.

After listening intently to Naeun, Yeri seemed to 'somehow' realized it all, and then she showed a bright smile, and indicator that she now thinks she is benifited with the situation. She just needs a little bit of sacrifice when looking at the Hayi-Hanbin scene. It is for a greater victory in mind.

"I can't believe it, but you're right unnie! Tsk! I'm so conceited, that's why I failed to see your point in the beginning." Yeri said with delight.

"I know, that's why I'm here to guide you. What are cousins for right?" Naeun acts as a caring older sister.

"Awee, unnie! What will I do without you!" Naeun tried to hug her.

"Wait stop! You'll ruin my gown!" Naeun warned as both gowns had laces and pearls that might tangle up together.

Yeri suddenly stopped and said sorry.

"Anyway, just stick with me and things will be fine. Always consult your plans to me before doing it, alright?" Naeun said.

"Yes I will." Yeri said enthusiastically.

"Now please hold my veil, I'm about to get married." Naeun ordered.

__________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Hanbin already finished fixing Hayi's hair.

"There, its done." He said.

"Thanks" Hayi said and looked at him eye to eye accidentally, so she quickly looked away, trying to avoid his gaze.

But Hanbin continued looking at her and said "Perfect".

"Huh?" Asked Hayi.

"Its perfect ... the hair ... I meant." He explained.

"Oh ..." somehow, Hayi thought he meant something else, but she shrugged it off.

The couple before them finally walked down the aisle. So Hayi and Hanbin has to get ready and wait for thier turn. 

When the two of them started walking down the aisle, and got nearer towards the other guests, there was an absolute silence and shock amongst the guests' and other elites who knew that the two of them have been into a failed relationship together.

All of them had random thoughts about the pair before them.

The people in the crowd were like:

"Hey! What's this? Didn't they ended their engagement?",

"Don't tell me ... that those two are back together again? Why?!",

"I can't believe Hayi got back with Hanbin again, I have no chance with him now",

"I always thought that they would get back together",

"That MS heiress must be really lovely for Kim Hanbin to go back to her",

"Who are those two? And why are the people talking about them?,"

"MS group is really gripping onto Kim Sang Group",

"Maybe they're just friends now",

"I wonder who begged", 

"I've always had a crush on Hayi, too bad, I thought Hanbin got over her",

"They actually suit each other"

And so on and so forth....

Jennie Kim's face however, could not be drawn in any way, after she seeing Hayi walking arm in arm with Kim Hanbin, plus the fact that Hayi was just safe and sound, and was able to attend the event, was a very big slap on her face.

She was so angry that her hands became a ball of fists. She tightened her fists even more whenever she hears a comment about Hanbin getting back with Hayi. Her nails, that were so long and pretty, dugged into her palms so much that it started to bleed.

Kim Gunho saw what's happening to his daughter, then he tried to stop her from hurting herself and gave her two hankies to soak the blood.

"Jennie-ah, don't be too foolish. The game isn't over yet. Don't let this sway you, you'll definitely get what you want, just wait." He said.

Jennie heard her dad, then she held back all the tears of hatred she would've shed, held the hankies. There was a vengeful looking her eyes towards Hayi.

Suddenly, Hayi felt a cold chill down her spine. She felt as if someone out there is staring at her in an unflattering way.

Hanbin and Hayi felt that walking along the aisle seemed like forever, they never thought that it would take this long ro get to their seats. It was different feom the rehearsals when no one is scrutinizing them with lazer eyes.

Both of them could see that the people are looking at them intently with different reactions.

When Hayi felt the chill from Jennie's gaze, she shrugged a bit. Then, Hanbin felt that she was uneasy. Thus, he patted and caressed Hayi's hand which was holding unto his other arm, while still being in front of everyone.

"Hayi-ah, relax" he said in a low voice.

"Stop patting me! Everyone is looking at us." She reminded.

"Let them look. I'm doing this because you seemed tense." He said.

"I am tense, much more now that you are attracting more attention towards us! Can you stop that!?" She whispered.

Hanbin heard her but acted deaf.

Hayi only relaxed by the time they already parted ways and went to their respective seats.

Taeyong and Jackson's faces were frowning all the while.

Then the bride walked down the aisle, she was breathtaking. Minho's face shows a smile like he's the luckiest guy on earth.

Naeun saw her soon-to-be husband's smile and teary eyes, it made her feel like crying too, crying tears of joy.

Finally, the bride and groom are already together in front, and the ceremony has begun.

Jaewon, who was sitting at the farthest seat, saw Jennie Kim looking down, probably because her face cannot hide her disappointment.

Then he takes a look at Hayi who is in front.

Hayi looks very calm and beautiful. Jaewon was very thankful that Jennie's plans foiled. Luck was with Hayi this time.

However, when Jaewon glanced at the other side, he saw Hanbin, Taeyong and Jackson constantly taking a glance at Hayi who seems oblivious about it.

"How can she be that oblivious sometimes? Those dudes are so annoying. They couldn't leave leave her alone even for just a minute." Jaewon asked himself, he was getting irritated with the three guy's actions.

________________________________

After the wedding ceremony, everyone cheered for the bride and groom and followed them to the grand reception area.

The reception was held in one of the biggest and most expensive hotels in Korea. The decor and ambiance is as grand as it can be.

There was a big pool beside, and there was an overlooking veiw of the city, where its lights during the nighttime makes the view and the overall scene of the event look dashing.

After having their exquisite meal, the guests are now in for the special activities.

The bride is now about to throw her boquet to the young women, and have one catch it.

Naeun was about to throw it, and targeted Hayi before she turned around. When she made the throw, unfortunately, the boquet landed in the hands of Seolgi.

For more fun, the organizers prepared a game called "Partner auction," wherein the young ladies and gentlemen would be auctioned. The one who wins th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter