Guess what

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I like you" said the two guys in front of her. Hayi became speechless, she did not know how to react neither did she understand how she felt after hearing such words from them.

She just stared at the two, while the guys, Taeyong and Jackson realized that they confessed to Hayi at the same time. So the two guys looked at each other with menacing intent, but decided to turn their attention back to Hayi.

Seeing that Hayi was giving off a 'neither happy nor sad' look on her face, but a 'confused' vibe instead, both of them somehow blamed themself for being too direct on her.

"Are you guys sure? Are you serious about what you are saying?" Finally, Hayi spoke, but her voice seemed strained.

"Hay ..." Taeyong was about to answer but he was interrupted by Jackson. 

"I know Hayi that I just met you properly today, but I really have a feeling that I like you. Genuinely." said Jackson. This made Taeyong hate the guy even more.

"Why? ..." Hayi asked, this time her voice was a bit cold. "I thought you are not interested? ..." she said.

Jackson wanted to say something but Hayi continued "... why are you guys doi g this? I feel like I'm  not taken seriously, I feel like a fool once again!... do you know how that feels!?"

"You guys seriously think that every girl would fall for your confessions that are too sudden?!" -Hayi

"Please think it through" -Hayi

Initially, even if Hayi did try her best to accept the proposal if the Jackson Wang would accept her and the proposal with no hesitance, she was still not whole heartedly willing to be engaged once again. She only wants to do it, try it, for her family's sake. 

When Jackson said that he is not interesed, she trusted him, accepted it and respected the decision in her heart. She also thanked him deep in her heart for telling her straight away and clarified things between them. She also felt relieved that she would not try to be fake-liking a guy.

However, just now, he took it back. He says now that he likes her. Hayi felt like facing the 'Hanbin situation' again, leaving her clueless. She doesn't like the feeling at all.

Taeyong tried to apologize also, but Hayi seemed uninterested in listening because she was a bit pissed and just kept silent after she spoke.

Taeyong kept his mouth shut instead. He does not know how to handle the situation either. But one thing is for sure, he felt a bit lighter when he confessed to her.

"Please excuse me, I have to go. This situation is too uncomfortable" Hayi immediately said, as she stood up. Then she walked pass by them.

But she stopped and turned to look at them before she goes any further. Taeyong and Jackson noticed this and also looked at her way, looking slightly embarrassed upon themselves.

"I'm sorry for acting this way, you might find me petty. But, I really don't know what to say. I am shocked with this, and mind you two, its bringing back bad memories of mine. I hope you will understand." She said, then continued walking towards the exit.

In the end, even if Hayi was pissed and felt being played around, especially by Jackson, she still did not let her emotions consume her.

What pushed her to hate their confession was the fact that, she remembered all those moments, that she has supposedly forgotten, when Hanbin also said the words "I like you" to her, but in the end, what happened to them? he just left her. 

Hearing such words, she would not feel butterflies anymore. She felt pain, she even did not expect herself that hearing such words would feel painful.

She knew that she should not totally blame the guys, because for one thing, she does not know their true motives. Also, It was still best to gracefully exit the scene, leaving at least a trace of politeness despite of what had happened.

As for Taeyong, she already had a feeling that he liked her more than a friend, but she is hesitant to respond to him. She feels safer to keep him as a friend first, because he is a new person in her life, she does not know him very well yet.

_________________________________

Later that evening

Phone rings

"Hello. You called?" Hanbin answered.

"What do you wanna say?" He asked because the other person deemed silent.

"Hanbin... I'm in front of your house. We need to talk." The other person said.

"...ok..." then Hanbin went to open his door.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Hanbin asked the person infront of him, who was none other than Jackson.

"I need someone to talk to." Jackson said, he looked down than usual.

"What happened to you? You don't seem energetic? Oh! Today was that day wasn't it?" Hanbin suddenly remembered Jackson's meetup with a certain prospective fiancé.

Seeing how silent Jackson is, which is so weird, Hanbin assumed something. "Is she that ugly?" He asked.

Jackson suddenly looked at Hanbin, smiled a little and said, "No, she was actually lovely" 

Jackson's remark amused Hanbin. Its actually unsual for someone like Jackson to compliment someone as "lovely", it sounds too modest and endearing. Jackson always preferred using the words "pretty" and "hot" when he compliments a girl.

"Wow, what did she do to you huh?" Hanbin laughingly said as he slightly punched Jackson's stomach and dragged him inside the house.

Jacskon sat on the couch and hugged pillow, as wanting to be comforted.

"Hey! You're acting so wierd already! Did she harass you or what?" Said Hanbin.

But Jackson just shook his head side ways indicating that his answer is a 'no'.

"I feel stupid" suddenly, Jackson said so while looking at the ceiling above.

"Did you ever experience hurting someone, unintetionally?" Jackson asked.

This line struck Hanbin, he exactly knew himself that he made somebody hurt so bad. So he just looked down and said " ... I never had the chance."

"Good for you. Its my first time though" Jackson looked like a puppy trying to seek refuge in a couch.

"What exactly happened man?" Hanbin pried. "How did this girl act to make you the way you are now? I bet she's aggressive. Isn't she?" 

"No." Jackson flatly said.

Now Hanbin felt irritated, "hey! I thought you said you wanted to talk, but you're not even answering my questions properly! Aish! If you won't tell better leave me alone." 

Despite Hanbin's nagging, Jackson just continued hugging the pillow, as if he cannot hear.

"Sigh. What am I gonna do to this guy.." Hanbin was mumbling when another call alert happened.

He picked up his phone and saw the caller ID. It was Naeun.

He actually forgot about calling Naeun as he promised.

"Hello? Naeun? Yes what was it about? I'm sorry I forgot about what you said earlier today."

"No its ok. Its really something important, that's why, whatever I might tell you now, be ready about it please."

Hanbin was confused. What could this 'important' thing be that he has to be ready about it.

"Ok spill."-H

"This has something to with Jackson.."-N

"Oh really? Speaking of Jackson, he's here right now by the way." -H

"What..."-N

Naeun did not see this coming. If Jackson is in Hanbin's house, it would not be the best time to tell Hanbin about the matter. She might cause a huge rift between the two right away and might fight. She has to prevent that, which is why in the first place she wanted to tell Hanbin way before he finds out about Hayi and Jackson himself.

"Yeah, he is even acting strangely... I don't know what exactly happened, but today he met his 'prospective fiance'. Haha I think this girl will do him good." Said Hanbin with a slight laugh.

When she heard it Naeun thought 'will you still say that cheerfully after finding out about Hayi as that girl? Sigh'.

But she just managed to s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter