I like you

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your just bluffing ... don't deny ... I can sense it" Jackson cut off Hayi's making up for not knowing him, but he wasn't angry or sad, he just said it.

Then Hayi just went silent fo a while and said "I'm so sorry if I really did offend you, but I really don't know much about you. I'm a person who likes alone time and the type who would rather do rounds at work than knowing what's going on generally" she explained. 

Jackson, after listening to her, felt that he should not blame Hayi. So he said, "Hayi ssi, its ok, I'm sorry too for being too full of myself, thinking that everyone knows me already. You are the first one who does not recognize me at first meeting. How about talking about something else?"

Hayi understood his explaination and then nodded to his idea.

Jackson thought for a moment and the asked "I'm just curious... since you didn't know much about me, why did you accept this proposal?"

Hayi did not see this question coming, so she felt that she has to think about some excuses immediately, she just can't say it in Jackson's face that she agreed so that she could help her parents get substancial support and backing. That would be very rude and inappropriate.

"Well, there are reasons why I had to..." Hayi said the words without thinking much about it bbecause she was in a hurry to find words to say. 

But Jackson face was confused because she did not give a definite answer. 

So Hayi had to think of a good reason "Actually, I am not that much confident about saying yes to this too. However, I am willing to give it a chance. I've been hurt after being stubborn and following my heart. Now, I'm just letting fate do its work" she said.

'Fate', it came to Jackson's mind but he also took note of the word 'hurt.'

"Ooohh, so you're like, heart broken?" Jackson curiously leaned.

"Uhh, well ...." thinking back, she never intended to talk about her bitter breakup openly to strangers, not even much about it to her parents, but because of her slip of the tongue, she sorta gave the implication.

Hayi wanted to scold herself right now, but it seems like Jackson is not annoyed that she opened up about being hurt. She felt that he is nice and friendly, and is willing to listen to her.

With Jackson leaning forward to her, with a face full of curiosity and concern, it made her sit upright. He immited a feeling similar of a girl bff who is excited to hear about all her secrets and innermost thoughts.

Because of this, Hayi's instinct tells her that sharing her story is not such a big deal anymore. Funny as it may seem, this is the first time she felt like sharing her whole side about it.

So there, Hayi and Jackson talked about her bitter experience and heartbreak with her ex fiance, but she did not disclose Hanbin's name since Jackson had no idea about their breakup scandal that others know about.

She would not want it to seem  like she it bad mouthing Kim Hanbin, she would only appear as a bitter ex girlfriend.

"Why are you not interested in taking revenge?!" Jackson said, he was irritated with how things had happened. 

This is actually his first time listening to a girl's experience about a heartbreak. He felt bad, indirectly, because he broke hearts in the past too. 

Now, listening to Hayi is like making him see a different world. A world of hopeful girls who would put their faith in guys who gave up on them.

Seriously, Jackson is starting to sweat a little. From his own statement about revenge, he started to have chills on his back. He is now currently conscious about being avenged at by one of those girls.

But looking back at his past love interests, he also thought those girls probably deserve being dump too. Why? Because they were players too. Right after he dumps them, they immediately find somebody else.

Jackson sighed and relaxed when he realized  that maybe those girls won't go after him because they were not that serious either.

Listening to Hayi's story, he percieved how serious Hayi was with her relationship back then.

It made hom curious about what its like to be seriously in love. He never had the chance to feel that way before, so he does not really understand much about heartbreaks. But he knows that ot could be a bothersome feeling.

Looking back at Jackson, Hayi said plainly, "I feel the revenge is not a good option"

But Jackson thinks that it was unfair. So he asked,

"Why? After so many years, he suddenly wanted to breakup without a subtle reason.... that is very ... unmanly ... don't you think?" Jackson was trying fish more answers from Hayi.

Hayi laughed a little while looking at Jackson. 

Hayi has alwasys been shy, to both girls and boys, but especially to boys. Since she does not have that much exposure to guys, aside from her cousin and Hanbin. She had always thought that guys don't like cheesy talks. Now it surprises her that a guy actually wants to talk about stuff like these.

When Jackson saw that Hayi is silently giggling in her seat, he was puzzled. He thought that Hayi is mocking him.

so he wanted to fire back and make her realize that she has been dumped, and its not a good thing.

"Oh now you are laughing? Hayi ssi!!! You got dumped!! That is one of the most awful things in this world! ... Did you forget the feeling? You should be very angry while talking about it, like when you recall all those moments! .... isn't that what should be happening now? Just like in those dramas!" 

"OMG!" Hayi couldn't help but burst out in laughter. Jackson's reaction was too much for her. In her eyes, his image really turned into a clown after an hour of talking while eating.

"If I were you?! On no, I'd be in the salon everyday, making myself look perfect! ..  I.. I ... I would go shopping! Yes that! That's it, shopping! I'd be slaying everytime I appear in front of him!" Jackson suggested.

This time, Hayi was holding her laugh. "Ok, ok.... whooo!... sigh" she stopped laughing. "I know that! I already did that, but just one time. I'm not comfortable with dressing up everyday."

"You did? And when was it?" -Jackson

"At a party. I dressed up prettily, it was even way out of my comfortzone. Wait! It was even during you're big brother's engagement party!" Hayi recalled.

"No way! If you did that you must be not that pretty at all, if you were made all up without me noticing!" Jackson told her.

"Ok whaaattt????!!! Jackson, I think I looked pretty that night! How could you say that?" Hayi was hurt when Jackson said that she may not be pretty enough since he did not notice her.

"Maybe, you were just drunk?! Or in some place else, or blind.." Hayi mockingly.

"No! Even if I drink way too much, I could still know who is a beauty." Jackson said with confidence.

Hayi's self-confidence went a bit lower, she curled down a bit and contemplated. "You think so? Sigh ...maybe I am not pretty enough indeed. Maybe it was just all in my head..." 

Then Hayi continued in a mumbling way of saying "but Kim Taeyong noticed me that night"

"Who?"- Jackson asked

"Taeyong, Kim Taeyong was with me that night. Well... I guess he's just a born gentle man" Hayi said.

Jackson suddenly remembered that night. He remembered seeing that hot girl beside Taeyong. Listening to Hayi's words now, he realized that, the beauty he saw is Lee Hayi.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter