Why did she agree to this?

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong satyed at home for the past few days. He did not contact Hayi again because he got a cold, could not talk well because of his clogged nose and had a slight fever. 

It was due to his stress after an 11 hour flight that day when he came back to Korea. He maybe studying abroad, but Taeyong easily gets stressed if he travels a long distance trip via any transportation.

Today, his cold and fever is gone already, so he wanted to go and meet Hayi.

First he wanted to let Hayi know that he plans to meet up with her. So, he took his phone to call her. After several attempts, he failed to reach her.

"I she busy? ... oh well, guess I'll try going to MS hotel" he said to himself.

After getting ready, he went down the stairs and was about to go out, when his mother saw him trying to go somewhere.

His mother is not happy about it and immediately questioned Taeyong.

"You are not well yet, where do you think you're going?" Taeyong's mother, Yurin, said in a spiky voice.

As soon as Taeyong heard his mother's voice he inwardly sighed, but placed a smile on his face and said " Mom, I'm well now, so don't worry. I'll just buy something and be back right away."

He said it with all pleasantry, but apparently his mom was not convinced about it, then she made a sarcastic laugh and raised her brow.

"Don't fool me son. I know you're going to see that girl again, when I told you not to." She strongly said.

Taeyong could not understand why his mom doesn't like Hayi. 

Apparently, Yurin discovered that Taeyong was hanging out with the girl named Lee Hayi recently, through her sources. 

She had a reason why she does not like Hayi, but she did not explain why to her son. Instead, after knowing about the friendship between the two youths, she decided to send Taeyong to NYC with the reason that she wanted him to take care of something important for the business there.

However, when Taeyong arrived in NYC, he was under house arrest by his mom's people and was forced to go on dates with different girls who. His mother has picked for him. 

Taeyong dated different girls, may they Koreans or Americans. Some of them were daughters of his mom's friends and collegues, some of them were rich and somehow famous, and some were models.

But he did not like them all one bit. The one that he kept remembering about was Hayi. 

Taeyong was able to escape by befriending one of his dates. He td her that he needs her help so that he could back to Korea.

The girl was nice enough to understand the situation amd wished Taeyong his luck in pursuing the girl he likes. 

What they did was that, they told the body guards that they will go on a movie date. Taeyong had a private movie lounge in the mall, it was made for the VIPS.

Originally the guards stayed inside, but Taeyong and the girl acted too lovey dovey as if they wanted privacy. So the guards gave them privacy. 

Little did they know that the girl already had some of her people to aid Taeyong to escape in an emergency exit. She also helped him bring a chopper in the rooftop.

After getting in the chopper, he went straight to the airport where he hired a private plane for himself. 

The girl, who was left in the VIP theater, went to the ladies' room to cover up the possibility that she helped Taeyong. And when she came back inside, she called the bodyguard's attention that Taeyong was missing.

The guards were too late. Taeyong had already left.

They relayed the message to Madam Yurin. The madame did not expect that Taeyong would.deliberatly disobey her. This is the first time that he did something she won't be happy about. Taeyong has been such a dutiful son to her.

So in the end, all she could blame for Taeyong's recent actions was Lee Hayi.

The reason why Yurin hated the girl so much was because of Hayi's mother, Lee Minah.

Back then, Minah's family name was still Jung. Yurin and Minah were classmates ever since 4th grade until 10th grade.

They were classmates, but they were not friends. But the fact remains that they were both the most pretty in class.

Minah, was actually not as gentle as she seemed when she was in her teens compared to her adult self. She was loud and friendly, but she stayed away from delinquents although the deliquents respect her. Minah back then was a very strong person, but also capable of being gentle and kind.

Yurin on the other hand was considered a princess. Boys would always follower her. Her name was known, not only in her school but in other schools as well, she was known for her highstandards towards friends and boyfriends, as well as her grace and class.

Yurin would always be annoyed with Minah, because for her, despite of Minah's ridiculous behavior, Minah is still favored by many people in her level. She considered  it a humiliating thing.

Minah in the other hand did not care much about what Yurin thinks about her. This attitude of Minah irritated Yurin a lot.

During 8th grade, a guy transferred to their school. He was quite popular, he was good looking, and he lived in Europe all his life, particularly in France and UK. Both his parents were artists and were quite well off too, but not as well off as Minah and Yurin's families who were chaebols.

His name was Kwon Jae, and everyone in their school was curious about him. He seemed cold, so some of the girls who liked him before were turned off by him.

Minah and Jae eventually became friends because both were interested in music. They accidentally met in a musical concert, and Minah saw him amd recognized him as a schoolmate. Being friendly and all, she did not hesitate to befriend him first and talk about many things.

Jae, even though he is cold outside, but actually he is just a little bit causious when it comes to making friends. He had experienced a betrayal of a friend back in UK.

Jae liked Minah's easy going attitude, he found it pleasant because he feels relaxed when she's around.

Rumors buzzed around their school about Minah and Jae going out. It finally came to Yurin's knowledge and was not pleased about it. 

Yurin had a little crush on Jae, but because he was too cold on girls, she did not confess to him. She does not want to suffer humiliation like the other girls. But now, she felt jealous, she wished that she was a bit more friendly with Jae than being distant.

Minah and Jae soon cleared things up, and told everyone that they were not going out, that they were just friends. Yurin heard this and was happy about it.

Yurin finally had the guts to confess and Jae accepted it. At first Jae was hesitant to approach Yurin, because she looked uninterested, but he did find her pretty. Then, the two started dating and then became official. 

Yurin and Jae's relationship was almost perfect, except for one thing, Yurin keeps getting jealous about Minah and Jae's genuine friendship.

Jae becomes more and more annoyed with Yurin because she is being jealous for nothing. Minah is just a friend to him, but Yurin keeps putting malice to it.

Finally, when Jae could not take it any longer, he told Yurin that they should break up. Furious, Yurin told him to go away.

Jae could not help it, but cry, he secretly met up with Minah amd told her everything.

Minah then told Jae that its better if they stop being friends, because its affecting his relationship with Yurin. But Jae said "its not the issue Minah, if Yurin can't trust me, what is our relationship for? We must trust each other. Its clear that she does not trust me at all, I'm very disappointed because I love her."

Minah consoled her friend and told him, "I'll go and talk to Yurin, this issue between us has been going on for a while, but this time I won't let it slide. She is being mean to you, and unfair to me. She always has this prejudice on me."

So, Minah contacted Yurin that night. She told Yurin that Jae is hurting because of her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter