Shrimp of the past

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days after Naeun's wedding, Hayi prepared herself to meet Kim Hanbin once again. 

Apparently, at Naeun's wedding, Hanbin won her in the bidding and then he invited her to spend time with him today because of that.

Initially, Hayi did not want to go, and so did her parents. However, Hanbin said he had a business proposal for her. It got her curious, although she had a doubt that it might be just a joke, but being a business woman such as herself, Hayi also wants to hear it out.

Knowing Hanbin, she also couldn't brush off the fact that he could really mean business when  he says he has ideas. She hates the thought of being with Kim Hanbin, but Hayi thinks of the great opportunity she could get if the proposal turned out great. 

If there is one person who could work freely without the influence of other conglomerate powers such as Kim Gunho, that would be Kim Hanbin. With Hanbin freely doing business with her, even though its bothersome, Hayi is willing to take the risk of gaining a little bit of back up from him to keep her dad and the rest of her family from sinking deep into the bottom of the food chain with no one to turn to.

Even though President Wang is her father's best friend, Hayi is still afraid that the former might not help them anymore longer if Hayi will not accept Jackson. Aside from that, politically speaking, even though they had the support of Wang group, its not going to be enough back up.

With Kim Hanbin's slightest string of relation, it is enough to make other heads of the conglomerate world to think twice about blocking the career of the person or business who or which had connection with Kim Hanbin.

Moreover, Hanbin showed her that he did not pity her, instead, he wants to make a business proposal. It means that it will be up to her if she will accept or not. She is not afraid whether the proposal is small or big in numbers. What matters now is that she must use Kim Hanbin for a while if she needs to.

President Lee and madame Lee failed to stop Hayi from agreeing to Hanbin's invitation. What they did not understand is that Hayi's decision was a painful one, but out of strategy. She needed to sacrifice a bit of her pride for their survival, because it seems that once Kim Gunho sits on the throne, they will have to suffer more if they will not stand their guard. 

As early as now, Hayi could detect Jennie's influence on her dad. Not for long, Jennie would do anything that could possibly bring Hayi and her family down for good.

"Lets see if he meant it" Hayi talked to herself while looking at mirror as she puts plain powder and clear lip balm on her face and lips.

She opted to look as plain as possible. She doesn't want Hanbin to get the wrong idea that she's expecting that its going to be a date. Although it kind of is, since he said that he wants to take her dancing since he failed to dance with her during that night, but Hayi plans to decline dancing with him if, in any way, he would ask her to. Hanbin can't force her if she doesn't want to, she thought.

She almost finished preparing herself, when Jaewon came and knocked on her door.

"Miss Hayi, are you coming?"  Asked Jaewon.

"Yes, I'm coming out now." She replied.

Hayi went out and Jaewon saw her plain appearance, yet he still felt her elegance. Jaewon knew that Hayi will be going out with Kim Hanbin today, so he guessed that she did it on purpose to make herself look more laid back.

"You look elegant miss." Said Jaewon.

"Elegant? I purposely just applied powder and lip balm, it should look plain!" Hayi quickly took a mirror from her bag and checked of she does look like how Jaewon said she did.

 "No, I meant you carry yourself elegantly that you won't need make up" Jaewon honestly opined.

Hayi then looked at him and laughed.

"You know what, I think you want a raise, don't you?" She said.

"No, I was telling you my opinion" he looked sincere.

"Nah! Stop bluffing. I know how lifeless I look today, and that's good. I don't want to look pretty in Hanbin's presence" Hayi puts the mirror back in her bag.
"Let's go" Hayi said and Jaewon followed her to the basement parking lot where the car is waiting.

_______________________________________________

"Oppa!" Yeri suddenly entered and yelled to Taeyong while the latter was  in his office, sitting and was thinking about how Hayi and Hanbin's day could've.

"What?" Taeyong's voice sounded a bit strained, but it did not lack the sense of being annoyed.

"I thought Hanbin's target was Jennie Kim?!" She said.

"I thought so too" Taeyong said as he rubbed his temples.

"Its been three days, and I had my guards report to me that there is no sight of Kim Hanbin near Jennie Kim. And not just that, its getting suspicious because I heard Kim Hanbin will be meeting with Lee Hayi today. Why are they still in contact?! You must do something about this!" Yeri was slammed her hands on her brother's table.

"I did ask Hayi why she agreed to it" he replied.

"And?!" Yeri was waiting for the explaination.

"she said that Kim Hanbin had a business proposal for her" Taeyong suddenly stood up and went to his mini bar to get a glass of water.

"A business proposal? Why would she entertain him then? I thought she considered him to be the person who left her in mid-air?"  There were so many questions that popped out in her head.

"Have you ever heard of the phrase ' thinking like a business man' ? I think that is what Hayi seems to be doing. She told me that she isn't struggling right now, but with her current decision concerning a possible acceptance of a business tie with Kim Hanbin, this time she negated what she wanted to assure me of" Taeyong had a hopeful gaze in his eyes. There was a glint in his eyes, hoping that evrything he just said right now will be the truth.

"I don't understand" Yeri complained.

Taeyong sighed and said "I have a hunch that Hayi's decision was purely a political move. However, I am not sure of Kim Hanbin's motive" Taeyong bluffed about the 'motive' part, for there is that possibility that Hanbin is doing it to win Hayi over again.

"Exactly, why would Kim Hanbin help her? ..." Yeri said, however after a few seconds later an idea hit her head.

"Wait ... maybe that's that condition Lee Hayi wants from him for helping him get Jennie Kim jealous of them!" she looked like as if she had solved a great mystery.

Taeyong wanted to disagree, since it was clear last time that Hanbin challenged him to fight over  Lee Hayi, but if he would say it in front of his sister that Hanbin still has feelings for Hayi, the tendency is that, Yeri will begin hating Hayi so much again. If that happens he would loose his sister's support, he wouldn't want that.

Taeyong would choose the option to make things easier for him to pursue Hayi than to blurt out all the truth yet would not benefit him or his sister. Taeyong knows that its quite improbable and hopeless for Kim Hanbin to like Yeri, knowing how Yeri is towards people.

Thus, he keeps the truth from Yeri as much as possible, and only hopes that Yeri would open her eyes and find someone else to adore, like someone who will accept her personality, before she'd find out about him keeping her blind about the real situation between Hanbin and Hayi.

"That could be possible" Taeyong plainly said in return after Yeri shared her theory.

"Well rest assured Yeri, I won't let anything happen between them. I believe that Hayi isn't the type of girl who would decide rashly, she knows what she is doing, and I know she isn't doing this just for herself." Taeyong reminded his sister.

"You sound like her lawyer. She is too lucky to have you" Yeri calmly complemented while pouring wine for herself at Taeyong's mini bar inside his office.

"Who said you could drink that?" Taeyong said and then he grabbed the wine glass from Yeri's hands.

"Why can't I? I'm old enough to drink this!" She whined.

"You are. But you are not allowed to drink this one. This wine is the best wine here in my office, I'm saving it for myself when I need it" he said then he drank the wine in the glass he just grabbed from Yeri.

"Jerk." Yeri pulled an annoyed face.
So Yeri took out another bottle of wine instead.

"Is this one ok?" She asked before she opened.

"Yeah, you can open that" her brother said.

Yeri finally smiled and opened the bottle to help herself. 

"So where are you heading next? Ballet class?" Taeyong changed the topic.

Yeri was still drinking her wine but she already shook her head sideways.

"No, I decided to stop ballet for a while" She said.

Taeyong was shocked, all these years, ballet was all Yeri ever wanted to do.

"What are you saying? Were you hit on the head?" He asks.

"No! ... I'm not going to quit it!" She strongly replied.

"Then why are you stopping? You love ballet, you've been obsessed with it ever since you laid eyes on it" Taeyong drank the last bit of wine in his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter