The nosy bodyguard

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girl assistant clung to Jaewon like there is no tomorrow, when suddenly Hayi came out from a room and was about to walk towards them.

When Jaewon saw Hayi, he immediately pushed the other girl away from him.

"Ow!" The girl stumbled to the floor.

Hayi initially saw a bit from afar that the girl was pushed by Jaewon. She did not like that, so she stopped before them to ask why he did it.

"Hey! I saw that! Why did you push her?" Hayi asked, then helped the assistant stand on her feet.

"Umm... " Jaewon did not see it coming.

"Well?! ..." Hayi continuously asked.

"..." Jaewon stayed silent while looking down on the ground, as if apologetic.

Hayi thought that this guy is already troublesome even if its his first day so she said "Its your first day, yet you are like this? don't expect me to keep you for too long." 

Hayi was just having a busy day, and she had a bit of a headache, so now she scolds Jaewon over this thing, because of stress.

When the assistant heard Hayi saying that Jaewon might be fired too soon, she immediately volunteered to plead for Jaewon's mistake.

"Ah! Miss please don't fire him! It was my mistake. I-I slapped gis back to surprise him, and he thought that I was an assasin or whatever..." the assistant explained, but Hayi interrupted her and asked "assassin???".

"... y-yes miss, like those bad guys. I just tested his reflexes! And he is quite capable." Continued the assistant.

Hayi was speechless after hearing such an excuse, which was obviously to cover up for Jaewon. Hayi shook her head side to side and then looked at Jaewon.

Jaewon likewise looked at Hayi's scrutinizing but captivating eyes.

"Aish! It must be nice to be that goodlooking huh?" Hayi said and shooked her head side to side again, then she walked passed them.

"That was close! Hey don't push me again. It hurts" the assistant said to Jaewon when Hayi is already gone.

While Jaewon on the other hand thought about what Hayi said earlier. Then he thought 'why does it feel like she's reading my soul?' It got him thinking.

But then he realized that he has to report to Hayi, and he forgot tgat it was his job to follow her around. 

"Wait! Where did miss Hayi intend to go?" He asked tge assistant.

"Downstairs?" Answered the other person.

"Oh ok ... I'll follow her." He said then he rushed to the elevator.

__________________________________

Hayi went to the lobby because she heard that Jackson came. 'What does he want to talk about this time? I just hope he realizes his true feelings. I really don't think that he is serious about me. Eotteokke.'

Hayi was thinking about this while on the elevator, when the door opened again and revealed Jaewon. He then entered the lift with her.

"What are you doing here?" Hayi was surprised.

Jaewon caught Hayi by surprise, so he said "oh! Um ... I'm supposed to follow you around. Manager Su's orders."

Hayi couldn't believe what she just heard. "What? Even here in our own hotel?" 

"I'm sorry miss, but that what I was ordered to do." Said Jaewon while scratching the back of his head.

Hayi rooled her eyes out of annoyance. 

"Fine! But I'm gonna talk to Manager Su about this! This set up is ridiculous! ... like, what am I? A baby? A kid?" She was annoyed about it.

"Well... as a matter of fact, the reason why I was told to do so was because of your annoying stalkers." Jaewon confessed.

"Stalkers??" Hayi asked.

"What stalkers are you talking about? ..." then suddenly, Hayi remembered that Manager Su did once told her that he is concerned about the trouble her suitors would make everytime they come around. So Hayi  concluded that the 'stalkers' her new bodyguard is talking about are her suitors.

"... ohhhh ... so that's why" she settled.

"Excuse me miss, but ... I'm just curious.." said Jaewon.

"What is it?" Hayi said.

"What makes you so popular with guys?" Jaewon bluntly asked.

"What?!" Hayi coughed hard after that "... what are you talking about? Cough cough*" asked Hayi, she did not expect such a question.

"Well, you got so many admirers.... right?" Jaewon asked.

Hayu stayed silent for a while, her expression was quite weary.

"Honestly! I did not expect it at all! This is actually new to me and i have no idea why this is happening ..." Hayi said, but she remembered that Jaewon is still a new guy.

So she said, while looking at Jaewon's face "... but that's not your problem".

Jaewon had no choice but to nod and shut his mouth for good. Its obvious that Hayi is indicating that he is asking her things that he shouldn't.

________________________________

"Finally, you came down" Jackson said when he saw Hayi approaching him.

"Jackson" Hayi addressed him, her face had the expression of a bit of worry, and Jackson already knew that why she would react this way.

Jackson maybe thicked faced, but he is not blind. Although that is the case, the thing about him is that, he is less bothered about it this time, because he is already aware that Hayi is hesitant with him.

"I know, I know ... you feel pressured everytime I'm around you." Jackson said.

"Who is this?" Jackson asked Hayi about the tall guy beside her, who seemed to have an annoying presence for him.

"Huh? ... oh .. he's my new bodyguard" Hayi answered.

"Bodyguard? Why? Are you in danger?" Jackson asked.

"I was hired to protect her from the likes of you" Jaewon could not hild his tongue and answered Jackson before Hayi could.

Hayi was so shocked about it that she became speechless, she also thought 'what is this guy thinking?!'

Jackson then looked at Hayi and asked "Is it true?" 

Hayi now needed to clarify this.

"Uhh... yeah, Manager Su hired this guy to watch over me so that the 'vase' incident will not occur again." She said.

Jackson thought about what had happened in the 'vase' accident and said "you're right, we were such trouble makers. Sorry about that." He tone was clearly apologetic.

But Jackson again looked at Hayi's bodyguard who looked too goodlooking to be a bodyguard, the guy is more likely to be a model. Somehow, this made Jackson nervous about the set up.

"Are you sure this guy is capable of protecting you?" Jaclson asked.

Jaewon felt annoyed by the way Jackson questions his capabilities. So he raised an eyebrow slightly.

Hayi sighed inside and said "He seems to be, I checked his credentials from Manager Su"

Jackson nodded after hearing that, but still, his guts are telling him that there is something fishy. Nonetheless, he brought his attention back to Hayi again.

Suddenly, he got a call which says from his big brother Minho.

"Excuse me for a second Hayi" Jackson said, and Hayi nodded in affirmation.

"Hello? Hyung?" -Jackson

" Jackson, where are you now?" -Minho

"Uhh, I'm in MS hotel to see Hayi. Why?" -Jackson

"Really?! Oh that's great!"- Minho

"Why is it great?" -Jackson

"Well ... you see, the date is set already" - Minho

"What date?" Clueless Jackson asked

"The wedding date ! Did you forget about MY wedding and Naeun's already? Is that the effect Hayi has got to you?" Minho teased.

"Oh! Yeah ... that! Look, I'm so sorry. Wow! Congrats man, finally! This is good news." Jackson was surprised but was happy for his brother.

"well... thanks. But enough with the chit-chat. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter