Help offered

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayi finally asks Jackson to stop holding onto her now, or else she might ask Jaewon to do something about it. Jackson sighed and gave up because Hayi already said it herself. 

"Sorry" Jackson politely said as he let go. Hayi did not respond anymore and just nodded. 

At the other side of the room, Bobby observes Jackson and Hayi, and in his eyes he saw Hayi as a vixen who really does play it well when it comes to men. He wanted to know her weak points soon, so that he can easily help Jennie bring her down. Soon after, Bobby walked out of the meeting room just a few moments after his uncle also went out.

"Miss Hayi, shall we go?" the impatient Jaewon asked, he wanted to get rid of Jackson as soon as possible. "Yes, let's go" Hayi said, but before she could take another step, Jackson stoped her and said with puppy eyes "Hayi, I'm so sorry for this again, but I want to invite you for dinner, can we?" 

Hayi did not want to eat eat dinner with him because she feels awkward, but she felt like a jerk if she declined while he is being polite. Hayi suddenly had a helpless feeling about the situation. Jaewon saw that Hayi is being soft hearted, so he took the initiative to block the invitation. 

"Mr. Wang, my miss here is very tired because of today's preparations and I know its hard for her to decline your offer. However, as her assistant and bodyguard I am well aware that she badly needs rest. She has to sleep early tonight since tomorrow is another busy day. You don't need to worry about her dinner, she orders take out on the way to MS hotel, so ..." Jaewon finally looks at Hayi for a conclusion.

Jackson really wanted to punch Jaewon for the interuption, Hayi almost agreed. Jackson wanted to retort but Hayi spoke ahead of him.

"He's right, I'm really exhausted, thank you so much for the offer. I appreciate the gesture but its kind of late and I need to head home now. Let's just have dinner next time. Ok?" Hayi gave a smile.

Her sweet smile could melt any man's heart, and it also had the same effect to Jackson. He then agreed to the arrangement despite being disatisfied about the rejection. "Alright, I understand. I'm counting on that promise" Jackson said.

Hayi suddenly felt cold sweat, 'promise is such a strong word' Hayi thought but she could only manage to say "yes" hesitantly.

Jaewon then gave Hayi a meaningful glance and Hayi understood that he indicates that they should go.

"Um, the meeting hall is almost empty" she reminded. "Huh?" Jackson looked around and realized that apart from the maintenance people, he Hayi and Jaewon were the ones left. "Ok lets go" He lead the way for Hayi.

When Hayi finally got in her car, she lets out a big exhale. 

"Stressed?" Jaewon asked.

"Kind of" Hayi said while leaning her head on the backseat head rest.

"Which is more stressful? Company matters or annoying suitor matters?" Jaewon jokingly said.

Hayi laughed from what she heard. "What? Why is it funny now that you said it?" she asked.

"I don't know, maybe because it is funny?" Jaewon laughed and so did Hayi at the back.

However, because of his curiousity, Jaewon couldn't help but ask "Just a question, what do you really think about Jackson Wang? Don't you think he is trying too hard?" 

Hayi thought about it for a while before answering.

"hmmmm... He is actually becoming more annoying, but also more polite nowadays. I clearly told him before that I don't feel any romantic feelings for him, but he is not giving up yet. By the way, thanks for helping me decline his offer earlier" she said.

"Your welcome" Jaewon replied calmly.

"as I was saying, he's becoming more polite so its now harder for me to act like a jerk and push him away. I don't want to be the jerk" Hayi then covers her face with a car pillow that she has.

'Cute' Jaewon thought so whe he saw her did that.

"If you were me, what would you do?" Hayi suddenlyasked him out of the blue.

"Who me?" Jaewon was unsure.

"Who else is here? Yes you" Hayi said.

Jaewon thought for a minute "If I were you, I'd set him up with another girl" he said.

Hayi was shocked with his words "you mean to say? I must get him to like another girl? But how can I do it?" She asked.

"Exactly. You'll figure it out, if you can't I'll help with ideas" he said.

"Is that how you deal with girls who you don't like?" Hayi innocently asked. Jaewon almost choked and said "I- I don't have anyone who likes me."

"What?! That's impossible, my assistants and hotel staffs obviously have a crush on you!" Hayi sneered. "But they did not confess to me" he said. "Ahh so that's how its supposed to be. I'll tell them to confess to you then" Hayi decided as if its nothing.

"Miss! You've got to be kidding me, please don't do that" he begged. "Why? You don't have a girlfriend. Don't you want one? Isn't miss Byun Jinae from the admin office a beauty?" Hayi gave him an idea.

"She is, but what I'm saying is, I don't want to be in a relationship right now" he said.

"Hmmm, I guess we're the same" Hayi muttered. "That's a lie, you have Taeyong ssi, you allowed him to pursue you" he reminded her.

"I like him, but I don't know how much I like him. Its not like I've known him for a long time, I hope I'll find out eventually" Hayi hugged her pillow.

"Does working with Kim Hanbin still bother you?" He asked.

"Now that you mentioned it, kind of, but not so much anymore. Its funny isn't it? Working with your ex, as if nothing happened, my life is so weird but I had to deal with it" Hayi said but then she turned silent.

Jaewon no longer asked her anything he wanted to kick himself by asking her those sensitive questions.

Seeing that Jaewon no longer asked her anything, Hayi felt awkward. 

"I think ..." Hayi was supposed to further explain, when her phone started ringing.

"Taeyong?" She looked at the name of the person calling, then she answered.

"Hello? Yes, how are you?" Hayi haven't heard from him for a while now.

"Hayi-ah, how have you been? I'm still in NYC right now, were Kim Hanbin and Wang Jackson bothering you too much while I was gone?" Taeyong's voice was deep but it carried a warm approach.

Hayi laughed, "Jackson has been the same, but as for Kim Hanbin, there were some changes" she said.

"Changes?" Taeyong's voice suddenly turned nervous.

"Both of us are working together for a collaboration project" she said, then continued "Remember when he proposed a partnership with me? I accepted his offer. One thing made me agree, I know that there is no way MS group will take my proposals seriously without his help, especially now that my dad is in an awkard situation" Hayi bit her lip, it might sound as if she is just using Kim Hanbin, but as a person working in the business, she'd be very dumb not to take the opportunity.

"I see" Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter