Lunch Break

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson was told that Hayi's office was 2 floors lower from the top floor. So he closed it and pressed the 47th floor. 

In her office, Hayi was still working, focusing on her tasks. When she was about to print another file, just out of luck, the printer was out of A4 sized paper. "Sigh, no more paper" she mouthed, then she stood up and went towards a closet where the clean papers are kept.

"A4, A4, A4 ...." Hayi said as she scanned the closet foe an A4 sized paper. "None?" She realized it had no more A4 only the short ones and long ones. Hayi looked around and thought of something. 'Maybe secretary Jung has some A4 bond' she glanced towards outside her office. In a short moment, Hayi immediately went out.

Hayi went to her secretary's cubicle and started looking for the thing she needed. Finally, she saw a fresh bond of A4  from under the stuff inside the 3rd drawer. She took it and was about to get up, when suddenly, the elevator sprung open and footsteps towards her office were heard. Hayi peeked outside to see who the person was. Her eyes widened when she saw Jackson.

"What's he doing here?" She asked herself in a low voice. Then she peeked outside again, and learned that Jackson's facial expression is quite serious, she is now afriad that Jackson  might disrupt her work. "Sigh, I don't have time for this now. I'm busy." She said to herself quietly. 

Hayi, was still hiding when she heard Jackson murmur "she's not here at all, maybe she went out for lunch."

Hayi hoped as soon as she heard that, that Jackson would give up and just bother her some other time. "Please go, please..." Hayi was hoping, even if Jackson did see her, she will still be uncomfortable because there is no one around.

After a few seconds Hayi heard Jackson's footsteps surveying the area. She panicked! Thus, when she sensed that he was going the other way, Hayi quietly ran to the emergency exit stairs and went down the next floor.

Although she was quick, the door she opened had closed heavily and noisily, but she ignored it and continued ro go down to the next floor and decided to hide there.

Because of the noise the door had produced, it caught Jackson's attention. He was a bit sacred of ghosts, and for a second he was thinking there might be one playing around since no one is around. But he brushed that aside and decided to go towards the emergency exit to look around.

 ____________________________________________

On the 46th floor emergency exit, Hayi opened the emergency exit door so she could get to the main area of the floor.

She quickens her pace, and since she was too busy looking at the back if Jackson managed to follow her, she suddenly stumbled upon somebody. 

"Ooof!" Hayi had hit another person, but since she was a petite and small girl, she was the one who fell down.

"Owww" Hayi expressed as her was the first thing that landed on the floor. The one she did not see coming was a guy who had a tall build and confused look on his face. Despite the confused expression on his face, he still helped her get up.

"Be careful! Why are not looking where you're going?" said the guy. Hayi's hurted so much that she unconciously rubbed her cheeks, despite the presence of the guy.

The guy, who turned out to be Bobby, blushed when he saw such act. 'Have some pride girl' he thought, but he was glancing at her form, then he thought 'not bad though, she got nice curves... wait what am I thinking?' 

When Hayi saw Bobby's red face trying to look somewhere, it was only then when she realized her own actions. Immediately she stopped rubbing her , then she said "Thank you very much for helping me..." 

Hayi was about to go away because she has yet to hide, but then she heard the emergency exit door open up. Thus, she instantly knew that it was Jackson who might have followed, so she hid unto a big pillar next to Bobby and stayed still.

Bobby was shocked when Hayi suddenly hid. Then he realized that there was a guy approaching. Bobby glanced at Hayi, and Hayi was shaking her head as if begging that Bobby won't tell on her.

'Ahh so she was hiding from him? Hmm, interesting' Bobby thought. Jackson saw Bobby by the pilar, Bobby was the only one around too, so he decided to ask "um, excuse me? Did someone just come in here? I swear I heard someone from the upper floor come this way"

Bobby wanted to laugh but had to make a serious innocent face. "Sorry but, no one came here. It must've been a ghost. There are some around here who comes around when people leave" Bobby pretentiously said.

"Ghost? Is that even real" Jackson's face was ashen, so he was right all along, there was a ghost. Bobby nodded at him and playfully aaid "uhuh and they usually scare those who a new here." With that statement, Jackson knew he could not stay longer, so he decided to comeback to MS hotel and wait for Hayi there.

"Ok thanks, I'll go now" Jackson said and then quickly rode unto the elevator. 'Dang, why am I so unlucky today?' Jackson asked himself. 

As soon as Jackson was already gone, Hayi sighed in relief. 'Oh thank God! It was ok to meet him, but I managed to hide instead. I thought my heart would burst, from the fear of being found out!' Hayi thought. Bobby was just looking at her while she was placing her hands on her chest still feeling nervous.

"Its alright, you can come out, he's gone now" Bobby said to her. "Yeah, thanks for the help" Hayi simply said.

Bobby then looked at her, laughed and said "I understand why you don't like that guy", Hayi was dumbfounded. Hayi was not able to respond, she was just looking at Bobby confusingly. Seeing Hayi facial expression, Bobby laughed and gave his conclusion "Goodness he's scared of a ghost! He's not a macho-man." 

"Ahh ok" it was all Hayu could muster to say. Then she excused herself and simply went away, then wondered in the back of her mind if the guy was a new employee, its seems to be the first time she saw him in the office.

Bobby saw that the girl seem to agree with his conclusion, and aftet that she simply went away. "She's an odd one" Bobby commented on his own. Actually, the reason why Bobby is in the 46th floor is because his cubicle is originally situated there, but since Jennie had a couch in her luxurious office, he left his cubicle. Bobby just went over to his desk because he left his car keys there. He needs his car, given by his uncle, to look for a sushi place for his bratty cousin.

Hayi went back to her office, now with the A4 sized paper in her hands. "That was close! Whew!" She exclaimed. 'Jackson, you really surpised me this time. When will he give it up, now I feel like a bad guy for hiding and staying away from him' Hayi thought, but when she saw the workload on her desk, she shook her head and told herself 'ok that's enough, back to work now'.

____________________________________________

Hanbin was having lunch with his father in his office, both had chinese food. When it comes to having lunch in the office, this dad and son pair like to eat simple comfort food. They usually enjoy the food while talking, but this time, Hanbin was awefully silent and has not even finished half of his chinese noodles. 

Noticing that Hanbing acting odd, his dad suddenly took some noodles from Hanbin's scarcely eaten bowl, and placed it in his own 'almost-empty' bowl. "Hey!" Hanbin suddenly came back to his senses after seeing his dad take his food away.

"You were thinking so deeply. What is it? Is it a girl?" His dad simply ask then quickly ate the food he took from Hanbin.

"Tsk!" Hanbin said as his dad ate it all. "Its nothing, I think I forgot something. I think I'll have to leave from work this afternoon" Hanbin said. "What?! Why? Is it that important that you should go yourself? " his dad asked. "I think so" Hanbin replied.

Hanbin was actually planning to attend MS group's board meeting this afternoon, it is today that they officially announce Kim Gunho's presidency and as well as the joint project between MS group and Kim Sang group. Hanbin had a hunch that he must be there, because what if something big will happen. He just had the need to go.

"Weren't you so busy just now?" Asked his dad. "Its fine, I can finish that later. I'll leave after this meal" Hanbin said, and then he started to seriously eat. His dad found it very difficult to understand Hanbin this time. 'What are you up to son?' Thought his dad.

_____________________________________________

Jackson was now back down in the lobby and was really bummed by the fact that he was not able to meet Hayi. When his assistants saw him, they immediately followed him and asked him " sir what happened?" "She wasn't there" Jackson coldly said. "Let's just wait for her in MS ho---" Jackson was relaying instructions when somebody accidentally stumbled and threw iced coffee at him.

"Gasp! I'm so sorry sir! Really I am" said the employee who was clearly out from lunch. Jackson just stood there, shocked but was able to understand the situation. "Its alright2×" he said.

"Sir please go to the rest room, we have spare clothes for you in the car. I will get it for you" his assistant reminded. "Ok" Jackson helplessly said. 

So, Jackson went to the rest room to fix himself up and wait for his men to bring him his clothes.

After 30 minutes, Hanbin also arrived at MS Group's HQ. His arrival made all the female employees turn their attention to him. He is known as one of the most aspired eligible bachelors in the corporate world in Korea and also in Asia. They never took their eyes off him, some females from  the second floor even squealed. 

Jackson had finished changing into new clothes and went out the men's room, only to see all the people get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter