What I want for myself

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bidding has started and everyone is fired up. However, the item that madame Lee wanted was the priced pearl set of the next presentor's to be auctioned items. Since Chen Xiao was the first one, Hayi initially wanted to just let this first set of bidding pass by.

But when Hayi saw that Chen Xiao would auction a set of sapphire studded jewelry, she can't help but love it. What makes it very special and attractive to her is the simplicity and elegance of the design it reminded her of how her real mother look like. One with simple elegance and charm. In a heartbeat, Hayi decided to participate in the bidding for the item.

"Oh madame Lee likes minimalist design" Naeun concluded, after finally seeing Hayi participate.

Hayi smiled back to Naeun and said "well, not really, I want this one for myself."

Naeun takes a look at the jewelry set again and had already ascertained Hayi's taste in things. She said "That is really pretty, nice pick" then gave a thumbs up.

"Is it your liking too?" Hayi asked.

"Well, I like it but the design is too simple for me. I'm more like the artsy kind, I like pieces which looks vintage or couture or out of this world if you might say" said Naeun with a slight laugh. 

"Really?! I coundn't tell, you don't wear such accessories in my observation" said Hayi. "Well, I don't really use them, I collect them. I have a collection room in my house, I'll let you see it sometime, maybe I'll invite you around next week?" Narun suggested.

"Ok" Hayi smiled. Hayu really likes Naeun's warm and friendly traits. For a cold person like her, Naeun is one of those people who does not judge her coldness.

While the two girls were talking about it in a small voice, it was unavoidable for Hanbin to overhear  it. So he listened to the conversation. Jackson as well had noticed that Naeun is an acquaintance of this girl infront of him, and they seem close, likewise he was unable to unhear what the girls were talking about. However, Jackson was not able to recognize the hayi's face because she has her back facing at him.

When Jackson saw the sapphire jewelry set, he thought ' ahh she has good taste in jewelry, simple elegance would always suffice a woman's natural beauty, I guess this girl is very conservative'. He was already doing his skillful analysis on girls, it was a hobby of his.

Hanbin on the otherhand had not given much attention to Hayi's taste in jewelry. As though, he had remembered how he always gave Hayi all sorts of gifts back then, but never jewelry. He had never intended to give her one actually, because for him jewelries are way too expensive and are too valuable to be gifted to an enemy.

So throughout the bidding, Hayi succesfully had the sapphire set, as there were not much bidders involved.

After the whole auction party, Hayi had bought 3 items all in all, the first one was the sapphire jewelry set, next one was madame Lee's pearl set (which was very expensive because it was sought for), and a collectible Calvin Klein perfume in a marble container.

Naeun was quite the bidder as well, for she got at least one item from each of 7 presentors that day. 

"Women ... " Jackson stated, what he said caught Hanbin's attention and is now being looked at by his friend, then he continued " ... always spending a lot for these kind of things. Sometimes I really don't understand what those stuff are for."

Hanbin gave a glance to the two girls infront before reverting back his glance to Jackson saying "its their therapy, buying things makes them cheeful. I think".

Since the auction has ended, everyone now is encouraged to stay and have a small cocktail party before leaving.

Naeun and Hayi stood up together and went to their table. At the same time, Hanbin and Jackson went to Cheng Xiao's table. There, the two guys continued to commence their plan involving Cheng Xiao's preference between them.

Unfortunately, even if Jackson kept flirting with Xiao, and she flirts a little bit back, it was not enough to make me her  not smitten to Hanbin.

Hanbin, seeing that dragging Jackson here has no use at all, was quite disappointed with the results. He had to say the truth, he can't do it anymore, he cannot take another second to act as if he likes Cheng Xiao. It is suffocating him. 

"Xiao ..." Hanbin said, "... I have to tell you something let's talk somewhere else"

"Hmm what is it Hanbin -ah? Why go some where else? Say it here" She said.

Hanbin dropped his head before looking back at her saying, he wanted this to be done privately, but it seems Cheng Xiao knows how to avoid his plans from happening. So finally, after pausing for a minute, Hanbin decided to blurt it out "I actually don't want you to become more than friends with me" he said it with a voice just small enough to be heard by Jackson and Cheng Xiao.

Cheng Xiao couldn't take what she heard, so she asked "What are you talking about? What do you mean?"

This time, Jackson who was on the side  had to look away as he did not want to see the bitter revelation. He hates seeing heartbreaks, except if he did it, probably.

Hanbin sighed and said " It means... I don't like you... romantically"

After hearing such things, Cheng Xiao was stunned. 

"Are you joking? Is this because I flirted a bit with him?!" Now she is pointing at Jackson.

Jackson was stunned too, he actually taken aback when it came out clear that she did try to flirt with him intentionally.

" ... tell me, are you doing this because you were just jealous, right?" Cheng Xiao asked.

"No..." Hanbin said flatly, then he looked at Xiao with sincere eyes and continued " ... I'm not into you. That's how it is."

When Cheng Xiao heard it, she can't take it because Hanbin had been nothing but sweet, nice and caring to her. She had always thought that the two of them have a mutual understanding. Hanbin's words hurt so much that she instantly had tears in her eyes, which Hanbin saw and got guilty about it.

"Xiao, I really just want to be honest with you in the end ...." Hanbin said but before he could finnish his sentence Cheng Xiao slapped him hard on the face. Everybody saw what happened, including Hayi ang Naeun, who were a bit far from Hanbin's table.

Hanbin actually saw the slap comming, and had no intention to excuse himself from being hit.

"You are such an !" Xiao shouted at him. Then she picks up her purse and was about to storm out of the venue, but she after a few steps Xiao turned back to look at Hanbin and angrily said "Dispicable, I hope that you'll never be happy! .... and by the way don't worry, I'm not unprofessional, business will continue but eventually karma will get you!" 

Then she left the venue, leaving Hanbin behind under the scrutinizing eyes of the other guests. The people wanted to know what had happened. In their perspective, according to how the scene went, it was Hanbin who broke Xiao's heart by straight forwardly saying to her face that he doesn't like her.

Right now, all Hanbin could do is massage his temple and thought of what he did. Then he saw the people around him were looking at him. Then when he gave a glance where Hayi and Naeun are, he saw that they were looking at him with a disappointed face.

Then Hanbin thought to himself 'whatever, they don't even know what is going on'

"Hey Hanbin, we better go now. These people are watching us like a hawk."Jackson suggested.

"Sorry for dragging you into this scheme of mine" Hanbin apologized.

Jackson just faced down and had thought of another way to save Hanbin's image.

"You  know what?! Who cares about other people's perspectives. At least you were honest to Xiao. That matters the most for a true man!" Jackson made his voice bigger so the the other people could hear. Then he said "Ok let's go now". Hanbin was actually thank for that, and then they left.

Naeun turned to look back at Hayi after seeing the two guys leave. "I seriously don't know it, but I think Hanbin really did hurt that girl's feelings" she said. "Sigh ... I don't know what happened to the gentleman Hanbin I knew back then" Naeun said while turning her head from side to side.

Hayi wanted to say something to Naeun, she wanted to say that she saw herself back then in the shoes of Cheng Xiao, however, when she compared how Hanbin acted to the girl this time, he was much more caring and much more explaining than when theey broke up. When Hayi was dumped, Hanbin did even try to console her or explain things, he was cold. Hayi felt as if she was really not loved by him a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter