Come on, take a chance

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the listening session, Hayi and Joohyuk joined the after party with Dean. Dean personally entertained them as he was very interested in encouraging Hayi to enter the music scene.

"You really have so much potential in you. Why don't you give it a try? I can mentor you. Just treat is as a side job. I would do anything, just to get you on my team and make good music with us!" Said Dean.

Hayi was speechless when heard such astounding praises from Dean himself, the musician she so much admired. She did know how to react, then she looked at Joohyuk.

Joohyuk, realized just now, when he saw Hayi in the stage, that she really shined.

So he said to her "Honestly, I think he's telling you the truth. Why don't you give it a try?"

Even Joohyuk now seemed serious about it. Hayi contemplated for a while and said "Wow... this.. this is really something..." 

Then Dean said "I know, and I mean business."

Hayi looked at Dean and said "I'll think about it. Its not that I don't want this, but I actually have other reaponsibilities on my shoulders right now... so..."

"But if ever you have the time, I'm always open. Don't worry, I don't rush people" Dean reassured her and smiled a million dollar smile.

"Ok" it was all Hayi could ever say, Dean's smile and presence was too bright and dazzling for her to handle.

"Ok! So let's just enjoy the party!" Dean said to them. And so they did. 

Joohyuk and Hayi enjoyed the company of other famous and cool musicians around. She was instantly praised every moment they had the chance to talk to her. Joohyuk also got a lot of attention, he was indeed popular with celebrities. He was even flocked by models, which annoyed him.

As the night goes deeper the party seems livlier.

But Hayi and Joohyuk  decided to leave at 1 am. Hayi was getting sleepy, she needed rest for tomorrow's activities.

While in the car, Joohyuk opened up the topic about the opportunity of a singing career for Hayi.

"Why don't you take that offer? I think you'd be great." He said.

"You think so? But I got other things on my mind right now. Besides, I still have stage fright. However, today was a really nice experience" she said.

"Glad you liked it." Joohyuk smiled.

"I was really shocked when Dean asked me about it! I was like 'for real?!' Haha" she shyly told him.

"But you were really having fun. I really think you can make it big." He encouraged her.

"I have other important tasks in my work remember? How can I just abandon that?" She asked him

"... it depends on you now. Maybe just make some time for it?" He suggested.

The  Hayi thought about it again, although the offer sure is tempting,she knows that there are risks that comes with it. 

_____________________________________________

2 days passed by, Taeyong was invited by Moon Seolgi to join her and Naeun for dinner.

Taeyong felt a bit uncomfortable about the dinner, but since Naeun is there, then it should be fine.

When he got to the resraurant place, he saw Seolgi with Naeun already, then he sighed with relief.

"Hey guys!" He said as he approached them.

"Oh hi! How are you? Glad you could make it." Seolgi said, Taeyong just smiled in return.

"So ... I we were talking about how your lives here without me..." said Seolgi.

"Yeah ... and I told her everything.." Naeun said witha genuine smile.

"Oh? But I bet that's not everything...." said Seolgi, then she continued "... I'm sure Taeyong has a girlfirned now." 

Taeyong did not expect Seolgi to talk about it so easily, but since she opened up the topic, it might as well be good to tell her about Hayi.

"Well ... actually, I still don't have one" Taeyong said.

"I don't believe it" Seolgi cuts him off with scoffed and a hint of laugh.

"BUT I do have someone I like ... and I'm pursuing her" he said, the asked Naeun "right Naeun?"

Naeun nodded her head and told Seolgi "yeah, he likes my friend."

"Really? ..." Seolgi reacted. She said it with a curious voice.

"Well, what's her name? Is she someone I know?" Seolgi asked.

"I don't know if you know each other. Her name is Lee Hayi of MS group" said Naeun.

"Oh ... wait, I heard something about her. Wasn't she supposed to marry Kim Sang Group's heir?" Seolgi asked.

When he heard it Taeyong face became quite cold. Naeun noticed this. 

So Naeun asked "how did you know about that?"

"My mom was invited to their engagement party way back, then she visited me in london and told me that one of the most sought out bachelors in Korea is taken, you know my mom, she wanted the best son in law, haha. But I don't know who the engaged were so I just listened. That's why I know her name." Seolgi explained.

"Ahh..." Naeun nodded.

"Well, they are not engaged now" Taeyong clarified. Then he said " Hanbin broke up with Hayi, he left her.

"Then ... I came to know Hayi many months later. Then I realized I like her" he said.

His word made Seolgi speechless. There was silence. 

Naeun had to break the ice. So she asked Seolgi "so! Let's talk about the my wedding! Seolgi were you satisfied with you dress?" 

" Of course, you really know what style is" she complemented.

But Seolgi was curious about Hayi, so she did not let go of the topic just yet and asked "So, is this Lee Hayi coming to your wedding too?" 

Naeun did not expect that Seolgi would still talk about Hayi. Its not awkward talking about Taeyong's love life if she and Taeyong did not have a sad past. For the record, Naeun knew that Seolgi liked Taeyong but chose but to tell him, because she was afraid that if she will accept him, she will just hurt his feelings more because she will go away to london soon.

What Naeun knew was all unknown to Taeyong. All Taeyong thought was that he was rejected.

But now, Naeun had to answer Seolgi's question. 

"Yes, she will be in my wedding. In fact she'll also be part of my entourage" Naeun said.

Then after hearing about it Seolgi said " If that is the case... then Taeyong, why did you agree being partners with me? Are you not planning to be partners with Hayi?" 

Naeun looked at Taeyong, she was about to explain to Seolgi, but Taeyong beat her to it and said "its ok, Hayi will understand it if I will accompany a friend whom I haven't seen for a long while. Hayi is the mature type of girl" 

Seolgi smiled, but inside she was quite envious as to how Taeyong praises this Lee Hayi. Also, it kinda hurt how Taeyong emphasized the word friend.

While Seolgi was thinking about these things, Taeyong voiced out an idea.

"Why don't I take you to see Hayi yourself, so that you'll know her better?" He suggested.

".. That's great! I would love that. " Seolgi smilingly said.

Naeun then, asked Seolgi afterwards why she came back to korea.

"Well, I have been offered to be a mentor for stage actresses. You know I've been studying stage acting and plain acting in London, as I've mentioned before. Then, I decided to also build my own workshop soon here" she said.

"So, that means, you'll stay for good?" Naeun wa quite animated.

Seolgi nodded and said "there is no place like home honestly. I trully missed Korean culture and tradition." 

"So, when do you plan on building the workshop?" Naeun asked.

"Maybe a year from now, there still so much to settle"  Seolgi said.

"That's really great tha your pursuing acting now, I still remember back then, when you cried not getting the part as Eponine." Taeyong said.

"Haha! I know! And I was envious because you got the part of Jean Valjean" Seolgi recalled.

"Then  Naeun also got the part of Cossette. I was the only one among us who didn't make it." Seolgi frowned.

"Oh come on! I'm sure we at acting now. It was a children's play. In fact Oh Yeohyon only got Eponine's part because her mom is friends with the director." Naeun reminded her.

"Oh yeah... your're right! Haha" laughed Seolgi.

"By the way, speaking of,  I saw Oh Yeohyon last month in Jeju Island and guess what?" Said Naeun.

Taeyong listened carefully while Seolgi asked "what?"

"She bought a lot of properties, big properties. Which makes me wonder how rich she could have gotten. Because, as I know of, they are already very rich, but not this rich. To buy at least 4 properties in a day and another 3 the next day, its really excessive." Naeun gossiped.

"Maybe business was just boosting?" Said Seulgi.

"I don't think so. If a business venture boosted, other people in the business would eventually know about it. There's no news about Hong Builders yet, but they seem stable." Said Taeyong, he was showing his businessman side.

"See?" Said Naeun, " it was really suspicious" she added.

"Yeah it is.. but let's talk about something else." Suggested Seolgi.

So the three talked and talked throughout dinner and had a good time. They felt great that their friendship has not change.

When they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter