I have endured, now you must too

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No! don't do this! It's not worth it anymore" the man shouted to the woman. "Why!? Why does it matter? How could you! I love you, I will never let go! Never!" she clung to him like a leech. She held him tightly as she wrapped her arms around his waist. He struggles to get her off him, but  he coudn't, she was to clingy. He had to resort to violence, he was ready to slap her face hard, but was halted by a person's summon. "Kim Hanbin! let go of her!" the person said, "what are you doing here?" Hanbin asked. "What does it look like? I came for you" the person replied sarcasticly. Hearing this, the woman holding Hanbin's waist tightly sneered at the other person and said, "Go away! you don't have any business here!," trying to shoo the other person. The other person just laughed inwardly after hearing such words, "Ok, I'll go away. So that, you two could be together. Is that what you want?" asked the person. Although it was said, the other person never showed signs of leaving. There was just complete silence, then having the feeling that the womand had loosened her grip on him, Hanbin shoved her aside and grabbed the other person out. They went inside a car and drove off, before the woman could follow them behind. "Hanbin!!" the woman shouted, screaming her lungs out because she knows that he might never come back again. 

 

(Flashback)

It was a warm after noon and it was friday, all the kids in class got all excited to go home early when the teacher said they will have an earlier dismissal of  the day's classes due to some teacher's meeting. Everyone in class rejoiced when the last bell rung and they all hurried out. The only kid who did even want to get off his seat was Kim Hanbin. He was not excited to go home early that day, because he got a green mark on his math test.

You see, A green mark is equivalent to a B+ grade. Hanbin knew well deep inside his heart that he did the best that he ever could on that test, but he also knew that he will get another beating from his mom again if she saw a green mark instead of a yellow mark (A). Nervous about the idea to going home and facing his mom, Hanbin just slowly folded his test paper and calmly inserted it in his bag before leaving the classroom.

Outside the classroom Hanbin saw Soo-il, his closest friend in class, eating a doughnut while slowly making his way in the direction of the exit. "Soo-il-ah!" Hanbin called that friend, which made Soo-il look back. "Hanbin-ah?! aigoo, why are you so slow? everybody is already gone" the chubby Soo-il uttered such words while holding his half-done pastry.

After listening to Soo-il's words, Hanbin can't help but laugh. "Pssshh!! you say that I'm slow, but I actually caught up with you! so now that makes you the slowest!" Hanbin tried to tease Soo-il. "Okey, okey... fine" Soo-il lazzily replied, then he looked at Hanbin and looked at his half done pastry again, and out of no where he offered his half -done pastry to Hanbin. "You wan't some?" Soo-il offered, but in the back of his mind, he was wishing hanbin would not dare to take the offer. He was still hungry, but since Hanbin got a green mark today, Soo-il was guessing that his friend is super in need of support and strength. 

Hanbin already knew Soo-il's intentions of trying to console him, which was via- the offering of his half-done doughnut. He appreciated the gesture, but was grossed out by the half-eaten doughnut. Anyway, he also knew that deep down, Soo-il still want's to finish the food he is offering, so Hanbin declined the pastry but said thanks to his warm hearted friend.

"You know, I got a C- today" Soo-il tried to console Hanbin, by trying to imply that somebody has a lower score than him. Hanbin on the other hand still feels pressured, becuase it was engraved in his soul to be excellent, as pointed out by his mom. There was even more sadness in Hanbin's eyes when he saw the other kids's prents waiting outside the gates. Just like the other kids, Soo-il's mom is also waiting. "Good afternoon Mrs. Gu!" Hanbin politly greeted his friend's mom. "Aigoo Hanbin-ah how are you doing?, you look like you haven't eaten well again. Please don't do that eat a lot ok!" Mrs. Gu concernedly looked at Hnabin's fragile figure, she already knew Hanbin's back story, that is why she was sensitive enough not to make any side remarks about hanbin's mother.

Soo-il wanted tried to change the subject by pushing his paper into his mom's face. When Mrs. Gu saw the test result, she let out a sigh and said "ehhhh!! Soo-il-ah, what am I to do with you. Please be more like Hanbin, I'm sure he got good remarks on the test because he is studious! tsk!." "Sorry mom" it was all Soo-il have to say for his mom to forgive his bad grade. After taking care of the Soo-il's test paper in her bag, shen then looked at the boys.

"You know what! let us just all go to McDonalds and eat! I know you guys are hungry" Mrs. Gu said. "Ahh no its ok Mrs. Gu, you don't have to include me. I'm going home now anyway" Hanbin declined. "Are you sure? its really ok if you go with us, right mom?" Soo-il wanted to make Hanbin stay with them for a while. Soo-il's mom also nodded in affirmation. But despite the hospitality, Hanbin decided to go and face the reality, the reality of going home and facing him mom. So then, he waived good bye to Soo-il and Soo-il's mom.

For every step that he took in the direction of his apartment, one in a high end condo residences, his feet were getting heavier everytime. 'I hate this' he thought to himself, 'why am I so unlucky? I heard Soo-il got a C-, but all his mom every did to him was to comment a slight "ehh!", then she took Soo-il to McDonalds' he kept comparing his situation to Soo-il's.

He had always envied Soo-il, for having such a great mom, like a mom that does not always scold, makes pies for her son, gives him his lunch personally and would attend scho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter