Chapter 17

My Hoseok, My mate

"As the wish and order of your highness and Alpha, I brought our Mhysa back to the pack." 

Mark said as he bowed to Alpha Wang and his mother. 

"I am back your highness and my Alpha." Hoseok too bowed with Mark.

Jackson and his mother were some stairs above , on a stage where they were comfortably sitting on the warm furry carpet. They were playing chess, don't know since when but their expression was serious as both's hands were fixed on the checkered board between them.

"Ah, you came back, welcome." Jackson said as he made a move on chess, eyes not looking at Hoseok and he sounded like he was totally not interested listening to any other sounds.

"Thank you, my Alpha. How have you been? Is your highness alright? It's been long I didn't see you." Hoseok said with a smile.

"That was such a wrong move , Jackson. I can't believe that you are making me easier to win." Jackson's mother, Meera said as she too made an move.

"Is that so? Well, I will be more happy if my mother win because I know my mother don't know how to lose." Jackson said with a little laugh.

"Hahahaha.... you indeed have a lot to learn, Jackson." Meera said.

Hoseok pouted a little as he looked at the stage. Neither Jackson nor Meera was showing any expression oh Hoseok's return.

"Your highness and Alpha, I think Mhysa is tired of the journey. Should I him to his room? " Mark said as he was so fed up with the scene in front of him.

"Umm.. sure." Jackson replied, eyes again fixed at the game.

"I  take my leave." Hoseok said as he bowed and walked with Mark behind him.

"I trust you in this move of yours, mother." Jackson said as he looked at his mother.

"Don't you worry, Jackson." Meera smirked. "Playing with fire is an old habit of mine. Lets just see what kind of fire is he."

 

"Mhysa is back and they didn't even looked at you." Mark said as he was walking behind Hoseok.

"It's alright. They were playing chess and they should concentrate too. How could they look at me?" Hoseok said.

"It has been always like this." Mark said as he stopped walking once they reached at Hoseok's quarter.

"Yea, nothing has changed. Nothing. No one ." Hoseok spoke softly. " And I dare you, if you change then you should change your best friend too." Hoseok said as he turned towards Mark, smiling.

"Ayeeee.... see this little person commanding me once he got in his pack. Of course. I can't think of making other as my friend. Now go in and take a lot of rest. The whole pack is dying to meet you." Mark said as he ruffled Hoseok's hair.

"Are they really? Do they miss me, Mark?" Hoseok said his voice cheerful again.

"Of course. You are the legendary Mhysa after all." 

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go to the village......" Hoseok put his bag on the ground and ran towards the village.

"Hoseok.... Hoseok...... Mhysa.... you shouldn't run like that. You will hurt yourself. Mhysa...... " Mark too ran behind Hoseok"....this boy hasn't changed after all."  

 

"Yano..... look Mhysa is here." Hoseok said as he finally stopped at a little house.

"Mhysa......" Yano, who was taking out a fishing net looked at his door.

"How have you been?" Hoseok said as he smiled.

"Oh my god. The goddess is finally back." Yano sad as he came and bowed to Hoseok.

"Hey, don't be so formal with me. We are friends as I said. Remember??" Hoseok said as he hugged Yano.

"As always. Wow... you look more beautiful. Looks like your trip to East was really good." Yano said.

"My trip?" Hoseok looked at Yano and then at Mark, confused.

"Yeah, Mhysa. Though you wanted to keep it secret , all villagers worried about you as they didn't see you. So, alpha told them about your trip to East." Mark replied.

Hoseok understood. He was sick, kept at forest and was flowed away to the east. How could Alpha Wang tell this to the pack? 

"Of course. East was so beautiful. By the way, are you getting ready for fishing?"  Hoseok said.

"Yea. My friends are already at the river." Yano said. Once he saw the shining eyes of Hoseok he smiled. " Yea, yea you can join us too." 

"Let's go"

 

 

"Wow, since the goddess of luck is here today, I am sure we will catch a lot of fish like before." Nakta said as he bowed to Hoseok .

"Surely...." B-joo was too excited to see Hoseok .

Yano, Nakta and B-joo went in the water and started keeping the fishing net.

"Hey, I too can do this." Hoseok was ready to go to water as he started opening his shoes.

"No, no, no ...... you shouldn't do this. You will stay there at the bank like always." Yano said.

"I know this. I learned at East. Alpha Min and I used to fish together" Hoseok slowly went in the water, catching Yano's hand for support.

"Are you serious? Alpha does this low work at East?" B-joo said.

"You are shocked, isn't it??? I was too. But Alpha of East is really different . You know he doesn't go to his palace and stays at village most of the time. He eats with omegas and even goes hunting with etas. You know he is not presented with the fine foods and drinks. Whatever the pack eats he eats same. He plays with kids and of course nags at the sick people who don't take medicine. Alpha Min is so cool ." Hoseok said cheerfully as his eyes shone in happiness.

"Wow, he is totally opposite to our Alpha." Nakta said.

"Of course. He is. Alpha Min is........." Hoseok smiled a little at himself.".....he is just so unique." 

 

"Just look at these beauties...." Nakta said as he looked at the fishes they caught.

"You sure are goddess of luck, Mhysa." Yano said.

"It was just a good day and luck." Hoseok said.

"No. You are indeed goddess of luck. When you were gone to East, we rarely caught so much fishes. The water was going to dry too. The flow of river was slow but as you came today look how much we caught and it rained ." B-joo added.

"Whatever you say. Umm... Yano , may I take some fish? I will cook them to Alpha Wang." Hoseok said.

"Take as much as you want , but Mhysa i think cooking it for Alpha may cause trouble." Yano said.

"Leave that all to me. As always I won't say a word to anyone and nor does Mark. Isn't it Mark ? " Hoseok looked towards Mark .

"How can I go against your command?" Mark replied.

 

"Wow, Hoseok went to East for so long but still his hands are skilled. " Jackson said as he took the food.

" I learned it on East, my Alpha . Hope that you like it." Hoseok was kneeling in front of Jackson, who was eating food.

"Of course. They are delicious. Especially the fish." Jackson replied.

"I am happy, that you liked them ." Hoseok smiled.

"Your Alpha, your highness wants to meet with you." Mark said from outside.

"At this time....." Jackson was surprised."let her come" 

"Ah good to see, Hoseok is here too. " Meera said as he stepped inside the room. Hoseok smiled and stood up to bow.

"Now tell me Hoseok , did you forget the rules of West?" Meera's voice was little higher.

"Your highness..." Hoseok panicked.

"What is it, mother?" Jackson asked.

"Looks like Hoseok forget the rules of West ,my son. The food you are eating are touched by omegas. Some etas saw him and the omegas fishing. How dare you Hoseok ? How could you do this?" Meera's voice was full of anger.

"Your highness, I... I... didn't do that on purpose. My Alpha looked so weak so I had to bring the fish. But I fished them. " Hoseok said as he kneeled on the ground.

"Though you fished yourself, how could you get in contact with the omegas. I told you people of the high class like us shouldn't touch omegas. Wait a moment...... did you make them your friends?" Meera said.

"No, no no your highness. I didn't . I thought they were some fisherman and I ordered them to fish. They were not willing to but I ordered them. It's my mistake." Hoseok lied.

"I can't believe my teachings for you so long got waste like dirt. You are such a filthy person, Hoseok. " Meera took the bowl and threw it across the room, causing the soup to splash all over Hoseok's cloth and the bowl to scatter into pieces.

"A mistake has been done. You will be punished. So will that omegas." Meera said.

"Mama-nim" Hoseok said in shock.

"How dare you to call me mama-nim, Hoseok? Didn't I told you to call me your highness. Hoseok you really are filthy. I am in shame that the Mhysa of West cannot obey the rules." 

"I...am....I am sorry, your highness but please they didn't do any mistakes. It's all my fault. I will take whatever punishment you give. Don't do anything to them. They are innocent." Hoseok said as he had his head bowed , tears flowing from the eyes and legs kneeled.

"First day of your return and you are already causing troubles" Meera said.

 

"Your highness, Mhysa is here with your food." The knight said.

"Let him in" Jaeil's voice came from inside.

"Baba-nim" Hoseok smiled as he entered into the room with food table.

"Aigoo.. Hoseok -ah " Jaeil smiled at Hoseok . "How are you? When did you arrive?" 

"I am fine. I arrived today.My baba-nim looks he is getting healthy too." Hoseok said as he placed the food table in front of Jaeil .

"Hahaha.... sure. I look healthy isn't it. It's all your care and food that is keeping me alive." 

"Of course you have still many years to live. You should be healthy." Hoseok said as he kneeled on the floor.

"So how was your trip to East? I hope Jackson didn't make any mistakes regarding your trip." 

"No, he didn't. East was really beautiful. Baba-nim should visit East with me. I am well known to East now." 

"Seeing you happy I always feel proud that I made a correct decision for Jackson. My family is lucky to have you as our daughter in law and Jackson is the luckiest man that he got you." 

Hoseok who was pouring water in a glass stopped for a second as he bite his inner lips and blinked to stop the tears coming from his eyes. His hands trembled a little but he served the drink to Jaeil .

"Baba-nim...." Hoseok thought it. He thought it that he will ask Jaeil that when will Jackson treat him with love same as Jaeil treated to Meera, when will Jackson protect him, was he still not worthy?

"You see, Hoseok . I am too old now. I can barely move. I know less about the pack now but I hope Jackson is doing well. Meera is a good guardian. But you are the one that I trust and believe must. promise me Hoseok that you will never leave the side of your Alpha . You will take care of him and your pack. Will you?" 

The questions that were on Hoseok's lips got vanished slowly. How can he cry in front of the person that believes on him? How can he be so childish when there are so much responsibilities on him? How can he avoid whole pack and think about Alpha's love and protection? 

"I promise baba-nim" 

 

 

"My lord, that was not good." Mark stepped inside Jackson's room once Meera had left.

"What was not good?" Jackson said .

"You promised that I must stay silent about Hoseok's disappearance and you won't hurt Hoseok." Mark said.

"I didn't broke my promise if I remember." 

"How could you stay silent when your highness was scolding Hoseok?. His arms got swelled because of the hot soup that your highness spilled."

"If you look properly then you can see it clearly. Only I made a promise to you not my mother. Also how can I stop her? She was right. And it was mother who hurt Hoseok , not me. I am still in my promise, Mark. I haven't hurt Hoseok ." Jackson smirked.

Mark wanted to say something but he just sighed in frustration and left the room. Hoseok  seriously is in danger from now on.