Chapter 9

A Little Spot Lie

 

Lies And More Lies

“Okay! It’s been two weeks, but you still don’t allow me to back to the house? You want to kick me out? Why I must keep staying at Ya Tou’s house? You really don’t have responsibility as brother!” Gui Gui said it in one breathe. She was talking with Wang Zi at the school backyard, the safest place if you want to talk secretly. Two weeks past, but Wang Zi still didn’t allow her to back to the house. Gui Gui started to impatient with Wang Zi’s excuse; his friends was staying in their house and he didn’t want Gui Gui feels uncomfortably.

Wang Zi sighed, “You know I didn’t want to kick you out. How dare me! Don’t you always beg me to stay at her Ya Tou’s house with many kinds of reason?”

“You don’t want to kick me out, why don’t you allow me to back, then?” Gui Gui asked, seemed annoyed.

“You know, my friend…” Wang Zi was interrupted by Gui Gui.

“Always about your friend! Kick him out, then! I started to get annoyed with him!”

“I…” Wang Zi didn’t know what he must say. Thanks God, the bell rang, so Wang Zi can escape.

“The bell rang! We must back to class. Let’s go, Gui!” he dragged Gui Gui back to class and ignored everything that Gui Gui said.

“I think just Aaron is the one whose weird, but my brother become weird too, now!” Gui Gui mumbled as she entered the class; Wang Zi was in front of her, half ran to his seat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Thanks, Ya Tou, for allowed me to stay at your house!” Gui Gui said as she and Ya Tou walked out Ya Tou’s house. She carried her bag, ready to go home.

“It’s okay, Gui! I’m happy you’re here and accompany me,” Ya Tou smiled.

“Thanks Ya Tou! See you tomorrow!” Gui Gui waved her hand and left by taxi.

“I don’t care if Wang Zi doesn’t allow me! He’s really annoyed. For him, his friend is more important than me!” Gui Gui grumbled.

Gui Gui decided she’ll back without tell Wang Zi. She didn’t want to care about him!

“Wang Zi just feels so-so without me! And me? I really miss him! But he even doesn’t want me to come back!” Gui Gui kept cursing Wang Zi until she arrived.

She paid the taxi and rushed to the house. She pressed the bell and waited impatiently. No respond. She pressed again, randomly this time. She’s ready to scold Wang Zi when he appears in front of her. But she didn’t know, everything will turn to mess when the door opened.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaron just sat on the couch and was going to read his book when he heard the bell rang. He stood up and going to opened the door when the bell rang again, randomly.

He started to getting annoyed. He just got home and wanted to take a rest, but the impatient rude guest came and ruined it.

He reached the door and opened it. He couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw that impatient rude guest.

Same with Aaron, that guest shocked when saw Aaron there, opened the door for her. Yes, that guest is Gui Gui, of course.

“Why are you here?” they said in unison.

“Why are you here?” Aaron repeated coldly.

“He’s going to back to his cold side,” Gui Gui thought, remembered how nice Aaron a few days ago.

“I’m the one who should ask you that,” Gui gui said.

“Who’s that?” a voice said behind Aaron.

Wang Zi appeared from inside and almost got heart attack when he saw Gui Gui.

“Gui Gui? Why are you here?” Wang Zi asked, glanced at Aaron nervously.

“Why did everyone ask me that? Is it wrong I’m back to my house?” Gui Gui asked back, and walked in, didn’t care confused look from Aaron and scary look from Wang Zi.

“Your house?” Aaron lifted up his eyebrow.

“Yes, my house!” Gui Gui answered. “Wei, Wang Zi? Why is our English teacher here?”

“Umm…that’s…” Wang Zi didn’t know how to explain. “Just go to your room. I’ll see you later,” he pushed Gui Gui away. Gui Gui just followed what he said and went to her room confusedly.

Wang Zi took a deep breathe and turned to Aaron, who was staring at him, not confuse like Gui Gui, but suspiciously.

“I…I’ll explain later, okay?” Wang Zi said, Aaron lifted up his eyebrow again. “I really will explain, but later. I must see Gui gui, first…” Wang Zi rushed to Gui Gui’s room before Aaron can stop him.

Wang Zi stopped in front of Gui Gui’s room. He reached the knob door, but he didn’t open it. He’s too nervous and didn’t know what he must say.

“A lie will bring us to the other lies,” he said to himself, got an idea, great idea for him now, because the situation is urgent.

He opened the door and entered. He saw Gui Gui was arranging her clothes back to her wardrobe. When she saw Wang Zi, she came to him and started to ask.

“Why is Aaron here? Don’t say that Aaron is your friend that stays in our house! I won’t believe that you asked me leave the house just for Aaron and...” Wang Zi interrupted her.

“Wei, Gui! I said you don’t come back this time, but why are you still back?”

“You’re so annoyed! I can’t keep staying at Ya Tou’s house, you know!” Gui Gui said angrily.

“I know…” Wang Zi sat on the bed, Gui Gui followed his act.

“I think…I think you don’t want me anymore and…and going to kick me out…” tears rolled down on Gui Gui’s cheeks. She burst out her fears.

“Sssh…you know I won’t,” Wang Zi wiped her tears with his thumb. “You’re my twin, I never leave you. I’m your brother and I’ll always take care of you,” he said softly. Just as sister for Wang Zi is disappointed Gui Gui, but she wouldn’t care about it now. She had many questions to Wang Zi.

“Why did you ask me to leave house, then?”

“Just for awhile, Gui,” Wang Zi corrected.

“That’s same!”

“A lie will bring us to the other lies,” Wang Zi said that again in his mind. “I did it for your goodness. Umm…I’m sorry I didn’t tell you, Gui…but you have one more brother,” this words made Gui Gui shocked for awhile.

“One more brother?”

“Yes…umm…it’s Aaron, our English teacher,” he told her.

“Huh? Aaron? Impossible! How can you don’t tell me that I have one more brother? That’s so strange! You are lying, right?”

“No. Really. I just…you and Aaron had a fight before he left to New York and then you got amnesia. I didn’t dare to tell Aaron so he doesn’t know about it. And I couldn’t tell you because at that time two of you were in a big fight. I think he will stay there for a long time, but he came back too fast,” the lies just out from Wang Zi’s mouth.

“Really? That’s why Aaron was so angry when I forgot about him?” Gui Gui asked, started to believe.

“Huh? He’s so angry? Why?” Wang Zi wanted to ask that but he held it back and said, “Umm…yea…He always asks me why you forget, but I can’t tell. He’ll scold me so badly because I couldn’t take care of you well so that you got amnesia. He’s really love you, you know…”

“Love me? But he said to me he’s really hate me,” Gui gui told Wang Zi honestly.

Wang Zi thought for awhile. “Hate? Why? I have many questions to Aaron. Why does he hate Gui Gui? Since when have he knew her? Where? And the other questions that appears in my mind when I see how Aaron treats Gui Gui…”

“Ge? Wang Zi Ge?” Gui Gui called, snapped Wang Zi out of his thinking.

“That’s because the fight. I told you before that two of you had a big fight,” Wang Zi answered, lied again.

“Oh! So that’s the reason! What kind of sister I am so I forget about my brother! I’m going to apologize to him because I forget him and about our fight, so he won’t hate me anymore,” Gui Gui was about stood up when Wang Zi pulled her back.

“I’m going to tell him first about your amnesia. Just take a rest, you can apologize later,” he said.

“But…you said he’ll scold you. I must defend you and…” Wang Zi interrupted her again.

“No! I can handle it,” he shook his head. “Believe me.”

He stood up and left Gui Gui who stared at him worriedly. He closed the door and sighed. A relief sigh.

“Gui Gui is settled up,” he said to himself. “Aaron’s next….”