Chapter 30

A Little Spot Lie

 

Comfort Her and Comfort Him

The silence dominated while Aaron drove off from the Amusement Park. Gui Gui, who was sitting beside him, kept silent and engrossed in her own thought. The incident in the ferries wheel made Aaron decided to finish their date today.

Gui Gui didn’t object. She kept thinking about the flashbacks. She really didn’t understand. She knew it was Aaron. But why did she ask him to break up? Is it because the misunderstanding between them? But…why didn’t she tell the truth to Aaron? Why must she tell him she didn’t love him anymore?

Not just that. Who is that old man? He talked about her task…what is it? He seemed so hate her. Why? And who are two boys who tried to protect her? One of them called her ‘Mei’. Are they her brothers?

Gui Gui shook her head. Why I can’t remember anything, she wondered.

“Are you okay? You seemed so…weird,” Aaron asked her suddenly when they finally arrived at Ya Tou’s house, made her surprised.

She turned to him. “Nothing. I just…I just wonder, why I can’t remember anything. That makes me so frustrated.”

“I think that’s not a big deal,” Aaron tried to comfort her. “Even you remember or not, you knew the truth already, right?”

Gui Gui shook her head. “I’m sure, there’s something still I haven’t known. And you also don’t know. Something about my family…”

“You will remember it,” he said and smiled to her. “I’m sure you will remember. Trust me.”

“Thanks Aaron…” she smiled back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The park wasn’t so full like usual. This was so hot to take a walk in the park, since it was 12.00 a.m. already. But Wang Zi didn’t notice the sun that burned his head. He didn’t notice anything. He just walked nowhere as he thought deeply.

He sat down under the tree. He closed his eyes and tried to relax. But he couldn’t. He still worried about Gui Gui. He knew he decided to give up already, but it didn’t mean he must ignore everything about her, right? At least he still could protect her. If she remembered everything, he wouldn’t able to protect her again. This thought made him scared.

Calvin’s and Chun’s visit made him thought about it again after awhile he forgot. If she remembered, if her memories back, if she knew everything…He sighed. He wished it wouldn’t happen.

And something else bothered him. About Gui Gui was dating with Aaron a few years ago…it’s a part of the plan? Then, why did Gui Gui left him at the end? Make him broke heart, is it the purpose? No…he shook his head. I think not just that…

“Wang Zi?” a cute-voice called him.

He opened his eyes and saw Ya Tou in front of him.

“What are you doing here?” she asked as she sat beside him.

“I just take a walk,” he said.

“Same with me…Gui Gui is in her date now…and I’m alone in the house. I’m bored…” she told. Wang Zi just nodded.

They silenced for a moment. Wang Zi didn’t have mood to start the conversation. He had so many things to be thought.

“Wang Zi, are you okay? You looked so strange today,” Ya Tou commented.

“Really?” he asked but didn’t really notice.

Ya Tou nodded. “Yes…you seemed…like you have so many things that you think in your head. And it seemed will explode a moment later…BOOM!” she made an explode voice and spread her both hands like something is exploding.

Wang Zi couldn’t help but laughed when saw her expression that so serious to give an example.

“Hey…why do you laugh? Do you laugh at me?” Ya Tou asked in angry tone, but he still kept laughing.

“Hey!” she hit him playfully, but instead stopped laugh, he tickled her, made her laughed together with him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m home!” Ya Tou shouted as she sat down on the couch.

“Where are you going? I think you’re kidnapped,” Gui Gui appeared from the kitchen.

“You think who are so brave to kidnap me?” Ya Tou let out an evil laugh.

“You scare me,” Gui Gui commented as she sat beside her. “You looked so happy…something good happened?”

Ya Tou just smiled, didn’t answer.

“What’s happened?” Gui Gui started to curious.

“Umm…I…I just took a walk at the park…” she told her.

“And then?”

“I met someone…” she continued.

“Who?”

“Wang Zi,” she said, almost whispered.

“Wang Zi?”

Ya Tou nodded.

Gui Gui thought awhile, before said, “You like him.”

Ya Tou started to panic. “No…I don’t…I just…”

“Like him,” Gui Gui continued for her. “Since when?”

Ya Tou shook her head. “I also don’t know. Maybe since he comforted me when I broke up with Ah Wei…since that time I started to notice him,” she wondered.

“Will you confess to him?” Gui Gui asked.

“Never!” Ya Tou answered automatically.

“Why?”

Ya Tou sighed. “Gui…he likes you…”

“No! Until when you think like that? From where you know it? Did he tell you?”

Ya Tou silenced.

“No, isn’t it? Then, why do you consider like that? You even haven’t confessed to him…”

Ya Tou didn’t answer.

“Will you confess?” Gui Gui asked again.

“I…don’t know…”

Gui Gui sighed. “Must! You must confess, okay? On Valentine’s Day one week later!” she commanded impatiently.