Chapter 25

A Little Spot Lie

 

Apology

Two weeks Gui Gui stayed in Ya Tou’s house already. She avoided Aaron and Wang Zi as possible as she can. She moved her seat far from Wang Zi. She never wanted to hear everything that they tried to tell.

Everyone persuaded her to forgive them or at least hear their explanation. But Gui Gui’s so stubborn. She always pretended to be a deaf if her friends started to talk about them.

“What will we do now? If everything keeps like this, she will never forgive us…” Wang Zi said, frustrated. He and Aaron were at the empty hall, discussed about Gui Gui.

“I know…but what can we do? She always avoids us. She even plays truant every times I teach in the class,” Aaron was same with Wang Zi, frustrated.

“If there something that we can do to make that ghost wants to hear the explanation…” Wang Zi wondered.

Something clicked in Aaron’s mind.

“There’s something…” he smiled. “She will hear it even she doesn’t want…”

Wang Zi stared at his brother confusedly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bell rang. Everyone rushed out to the cafeteria. Some ran to the toilet. Some mad their way to the library. But Gui Gui and her friends just sat in the class, chatted.

Gui Gui didn’t really pay attention of what Xiao Jie told. Her thought flew to someone who she missed dearly. That two brothers that lied to her, but still she couldn’t hate them even she wanted to.

“Aaron…” she sighed. “Wang Zi…”

“GUI GUI!” a loud voice snapped her out from her thought. Wang Zi’s voice was from the speaker.

“He’s crazy!” one of Gui Gui’s classmate rushed to the class and ran towards her. “He boycotted the broadcast room with Mr. Aaron!”

“GUI! Please listen to me just this time!” Wang Zi said.

“You can’t escape anymore, Gui…” Ya Tou .

Wang Zi’s voice was heard again.

“Gui…I really didn’t mean to. You got the amnesia and I don’t know what to do. You kept asking me where your family is. I don’t know and I couldn’t tell you. The last thing that I can do just lie to you. I’m sorry…please Gui…please forgive me…”

“Forgive him, Gui!” Xiao Jie said. Everyone nodded, agreed with her.

Gui Gui just silenced, didn’t talked as Wang Zi’s voice wasn’t heard anymore.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wang Zi turned off the microphone and then spun to Aaron.

“Great idea!” he raised his hand to do the high-five with Aaron.

“You now,” Wang Zi said.

“Me?” Aaron pointed himself.

“Yes…you! You don’t want to tell her the truth?”

Before Aaron could answer, the door opened and a girl entered the room.

“What do you want?” Aaron asked coldly.

“You do this for her?” she asked back. Aaron didn’t answer.

“Why do you do everything for her? You really love her?” she asked again. Aaron still didn’t answer.

“She’s just an ordinary girl! I’m more everything than her! Why can’t you choose me?”

“Because you’re not her,” Aaron answered surely. “You’re not her, Hebe…that’s the reason I never love you…”

Hebe stared at him unbelievingly. She rushed out with the tears rolled down her cheeks.

“You made a girl cry,” Wang Zi looked at him like he was a cruelest person ever.

Aaron didn’t talk back. His thought was like not there. Wang Zi took the advantage. He ran out and locked the door.

“Hey! What do you do?” Aaron shouted, but his voice couldn’t be hear from out. He just could watch Wang Zi ran away left him. He sighed and then stared at the microphone, thought deeply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone kept silent, waited if Wang Zi will ‘talked’ again. But his voice wasn’t heard again. They started to give up and were about to back to their activity when they heard a voice. Not Wang Zi’s voice.

“Gui…”

“That’s Mr. Aaron!” Xiao Man said as everyone started to pay attention of what Aaron said, especially Gui Gui.

“I wanna ask you one thing,” Aaron continued. “Please trust me. I never cheated on you. I swear. That’s just a misunderstanding. She’s not my girlfriend. At that time, I really love you. Only you. Remember I ever said to you I made a secret garden for my girlfriend? A girl who is like sun in my dark life. That’s you. I made that garden for you. Gui…why you can’t trust me? Why did you leave me just because an issue that isn’t true? You’re the only one whom I will always love, at that past, now, and in the future…”

Everyone gasped when they heard that. That cold teacher loves a talkative ghost?

“Gui…he loves you! He still loves you!” Ya Tou shouted.

“Oh my God! You’re loved by a teacher!” Xiao Xun smiled and shook her head.

“Gui…you’re so lucky! Mr. Aaron! That’s Mr. Aaron!” Xiao Man shook Gui Gui’s body.

“Oh…forgive him, Gui! You must forgive him!” Xiao Jie commanded her.

But Gui Gui just silenced. She didn’t know what to say. She was like fly. She didn’t know why. She was happy. More than it. When she heard Aaron said he loves her, she was like in heaven. These two weeks was like in hell without him.

“So…that’s just a misunderstanding?” Mei Mei wondered.

“Yes…” suddenly a voice answered her. They turned around and saw Hebe walked towards them.

“Yes…I lied at that time. I was angry because I couldn’t accept Aaron more choose you than me,” Hebe smiled, made everyone confused. She approached Gui Gui and said, “When I asked him why he can’t choose me, you know he answered what?” she paused. “Because I’m not you…”

She let out a bitter laugh, before smiled to them and left.

“Gui…” suddenly they heard Aaron’s voice again. “Gui…I know you likes Wang Zi. It’s okay. He’s my brother and you’re the girl whom I love. I hope both of you happy. I hope you can forgive him. He really cares about you. He always protects you, right?”

“You want he misunderstands us forever?” Gui Gui heard a voice behind her. She saw him there, smiled to her.

“Wang Zi…” Gui Gui stunned.

“You’re still here! Go and see him!” Wang Zi commanded.

Gui Gui ran passed him, but then she ran back to him again. Wang Zi looked at her in confuse until she hugged him tightly.

“Apology accepted,” she said as he hugged her back. She really missed him, just like Wang Zi missed her.

Wang Zi pulled back and smiled, “Quick! See him, before late…”

“Late?” she asked, puzzled.

“Yes…he said he wants to back to New…”

Before Wang Zi finished, Gui Gui turned around and ran. Wang Zi just watched her disappeared at the end of the hallway.

“Why you just let her? I know you really love her,” Xiao Xun stood beside him.

Wang Zi looked at her for awhile. He smiled and said, “Because I know she loves him. Even she got amnesia so many times, she will back to love him…”