Chapter 12

A Little Spot Lie

 

Aaron’s Decision

“I quickly brought her to the nearest hospital. I didn’t want to think that I was late. That she couldn’t be saved…”
Aaron shocked when he heard the story.

“You said…you said she had an accident? How was her condition then?” Aaron asked. He knew he’s stupid. That accident happened one year ago, but he still couldn’t imagine if he stood there and saw Gui Gui’s body at death-agony, just like Wang Zi.

“She was in coma. I was so hopeless at that time. I didn’t attend my school and my course anymore after that. I just took care of her, hoped there would be a magic and made her woke up,” Wang Zi told, her mind wandered to that time. He sometimes still has a nightmare about it, the worst moment a whole at his life.

“The tenth day, she woke up finally. I was happy, relieved. No…more than it. I didn’t know how to describe my feelings,” Wang Zi shook his head. “But she lost her memories. She asked me everything. Why was she there? Who was me? Who was she? Why couldn’t she remember everything? Where was her family? I couldn’t tell her, because I also didn’t know about her. I ignored her questions. I tried to search the information. I asked to everyone who knows her. But they didn’t know too. I couldn’t think straight, so I just lied; told her that she is my sister. She asked me why we have the same age, and it’s just popped in my mind. We’re twins, it’s the best excuse.”

Wang Zi stopped for awhile. He and Aaron sank in the silence. Wang Zi tried to forget his bad experience, and Aaron tried to process everything that he just heard.

“She just believed it?” Aaron broke the silence finally.

“Yes. She’s just too plain, that’s the reason I can keep lying to her until one year. At least she feels happier than before she got amnesia. That’s the most important thing.” Wang Zi smiled to himself. “You can call me crazy, Aaron. But you must know I will do everything to make she stay here, so I can protect her. I also don’t know what I feel; it’s the first time I feel like this.”

“Do you love her?” this question just out from Aaron’s mouth. Wang Zi stared at him at the moment, didn’t know what to say. Aaron waited his answer worriedly. He was scare, scare if Wang Zi really loves her, scare if Gui Gui also has the same feelings. But, why it’s must matter him? He decided to hate her, right?

“I…I think I love her. If it isn’t love, I don’t know what the love is, then,” Wang Zi answered after thought awhile. Aaron froze, couldn’t tell how his feelings right now.

“Did she never ask about our parents? You know our family isn’t like the other family,” Aaron talked finally, tried to don’t think about his feelings.

“That’s the only thing that I could be honest to her,” Wang Zi said. “I told her the truth, that our dad has passed away and our mother decided to busy herself with working in Japan after that. I thought it will be okay, because Mom never visited and you were studying in New York.”

“You know I will come back.”

“Of course I know. But I thought it will be four or five years. I had enough time to prepare myself and tell her the truth. But you came back out of my estimate. And I just can lie to her more,” Wang Zi sighed. This is so hard to him, lie all over the time.

“I understand,” Aaron said.

Wang Zi stared at him hopefully.

“You…you mean…”

“I’ll play along,” Aaron stood up, walked towards Wang Zi and sat beside him. “I’m sorry, bro. I didn’t care about you since Dad passed away,” Aaron patted Wang Zi’s back. “You had a hard time during this time.”

“Thanks, Ge,” Wang Zi smiled.

“This is the first time you called me like that,” Aaron teased.

Wang Zi blushed. “I won’t call you like that again! This is the first and last time!”

Aaron laughed, so did Wang Zi. But suddenly Wang Zi’s face became worried.

“What?” Aaron asked.

“I just think I’m so selfish, asked you to play along with me and lie to her,” Wang Zi said, felt guilty.

Aaron chuckled. “That’s not too difficult to do. She’s so easy to be lied,” he said as Wang Zi laughed again.

But their laugh stopped when they heard a voice behind them.

“What are you talking about?”

They turned around and became panic when they saw Gui Gui stood there.