Chapter 34

A Little Spot Lie

 

That’s Not Because I Don’t Trust You

Ya Tou walked back and forth, squeezed her hands worriedly.

“What should I do? Gui Gui keeps crying while Aaron keeps standing there…”

She sat down on the couch, but stood again and continued to walk back and forth.

“I must call Wang Zi,” she took out her cell phone and dialed Wang Zi’s number.

“Hi, Ya Tou! What’s up?” Wang Zi said in the other line.

“Wang Zi…what should I do…Gui Gui came back with her body wet and keeps crying until now. Not just that, Aaron keeps standing in front of my house in the rain…Gui Gui asked me to tell him to leave but he doesn’t want…now I really don’t know what should I do…”

“What?” Ya Tou could hear Wang Zi was shocked. “What’s happened between them?”

“I don’t know…” Ya Tou answered.

“Okay…calm down…” Wang Zi tried to calm down himself and her. “I’l be there in minutes,” he hang up.

Ya Tou took a deep breathe and tried to calm down. She sat down on the couch, shifted on her seat.

She waited for Wang Zi but he didn’t show up. She became worrier that before.

“Where are you…?” she talked. “You said you’ll be here in minutes…”

Suddenly her cell phone rang. She picked it up quickly.

“Hello, Wang Zi?”

“Ya Tou…sorry…I’m in the way back to my house. When I arrive at your house, Aaron was fainted. So I bring him back to the house. You take care of Gui Gui, okay?” Wang Zi told her.

“Yes!” she said, somehow felt relief a little bit. “How is his condition?”

“He gets fever. What about Gui?” Wang Zi asked.

“She’s still crying, I think. I haven’t seen her…” she answered.

“Still crying? What’s wrong with her and Aaron?” Wang Zi asked again.

“I don’t know,” Ya Tou shook her head, but then realized WangZ I couldn’t see it.

“Okay…hope she will be okay. Bye, Ya Tou,” he was about to hang up, but Ya Tou stopped him.

“Wait!” she suddenly shouted.

“What?”

“Do you know about something happened in Gui Gui’s past?” she asked him.

“What…what do you mean?” Wang Zi was getting nervous.

“I mean…you know her since before she gets amnesia, right? She told me that she remembers everything. She told me that her memories are back. I think she must be happy…but she became so sad and…suffers…I don’t know why. She just said everything that she remembers make her can’t to be with Aaron. What does she mean?” she told him everything.

“Her…memories…back?” Wang Zi stuttered.

“Yes…what’s wrong Wang Zi? You seemed so nervous?”

“No…I’m not…I just…surprised…” he still stuttered.

“Wang Zi,” Ya Tou called. “You know something, right?”

“No!” he said nervously. “I…I arrived already, must bring Aaron in! Bye!” he hang up quickly.

“What’s wrong with him?” Ya Tou wondered as she made her way to Gui Gui’s room, to found Gui Gui felt asleep on the floor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Where is Gui?” Wang Zi asked Ya Tou immediately when he saw her entered the school gate at the morning. He had waited her since one hour ago.

Ya Tou shook her head sadly. “She doesn’t want to go to school.”

Somehow Wang Zi felt relief.

“What about Aaron?” Ya Tou asked.

“Sleeps at home, still hasn’t healed,” he also shook his head.

“I told Gui Gui that Aaron gets fever, but she just ignored me…” Ya Tou told as she and Wang Zi walked to the class.

“Still crying?” Wang Zi guessed.

“No…she stopped crying but she’s looked like zombie now…”

They sighed together. Gui Gui’s and Aaron’s problem, why they must feel sad too? They sighed again. Because they too love them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That room was silent. No sound, no voice. He just kept silent. He didn’t speak. He didn’t move. He just laid on his bed, stared at the canopy of his room, thought about what happened yesterday.

He closed his eyes, tried to drive away the pain that entered every part his body. Hurt. The pain gnawed inside him, made him weak, even to cry. He couldn’t snap out the way Gui Gui stared at hie eyes coldly. He couldn’t snap out the way she talked to him with no heart. He couldn’t snap out the way her tears fell. And he couldn’t snap out the way she hugged him for the last time.

“If you also feel hurt, why you decide to leave me?” he whispered.

He let out a bitter laugh. Bitter, was like his life now. Bitter, was like his heart now. “Just because you don’t trust me…what must I do to make you turst me?”

Suddenly he heard her voice. Very soft, but clear in his ears.

“Aaron…”

“Is it my illusion?” he asked himself.

“Aaron? You’re there?”

“No…it’s real…”

He got up quickly. He walked to the door and reached the door knob, was about to open it, but she stopped him.

“Don’t open it! Please…I just want to talk to you…” she said.

His hand still at the knob, but he didn’t open it.

“Aaron…I want to tell you the reason…” she talked softly. Aaron just silenced. He didn’t want to ruin the moment he could hear her voice clearly.

“The reason…the reason I left you…” she stuttered. Aarin still silenced, so she continued.

“The reason I left you two years ago and yesterday…”

She paused. He could hear her sobs. He knew she tried to control it. He knew she tried to look strong.

“That’s not because I don’t trust you…”

Aaron froze. Not because she didn’t trust him? What was the reason then?

No…he pleaded in his mind. Don’t say you didn’t love me…

He still froze even he heard her said it clearly. His brain couldn’t process it. And all that he could do just stood there when she talked.

“That’s all because I’ve lied to you….”