Chapter 23

A Little Spot Lie

 

The Misunderstanding

Wait…this is wrong…Aaron thought. I cheated on her? She’s the one who left me…

“My…my ex-boyfriend?” Gui Gui asked hesitantly.

“Yes,” Mei Mei nodded surely.

“And I…I never have twin?” Gui Gui asked again.

“Never!”

Gui Gui turned to Aaron and Wang Zi.

“Why? Why do you lie to me? Is that funny? You play on me and I just believe all of you said to me,” she said, angry.

“Calm down, Gui…” Xiao Xun whispered as Gui Gui stared at her unbelievingly.

“Calm down? How can I? I’m lied one year! One year!” she shouted. “If you were me, what will you do? The one whom you always trust…and the one…I never expect…” Gui Gui turned to Aaron.

“You’re my ex-boyfriend, huh? That’s not enough you cheated on me and now you play me? Said you’re my brother? That’s funny? I bet both of you laugh my foolishness behind me,” she cried, couldn’t held her tears anymore, and was about to leave, but Wang Zi blocked her way.

“Gui…let me explain,” he said.

Gui Gui pushed him aside. Wang Zi grabbed her hand.

“Please…I beg you,” he pleaded.

“No…I don’t want to hear everything from you. I trust you! I really trust you! But what? You lied to me! One year! Isn’t that enough?” she swung her arm to let go and then ran out from the class, followed by Ya Tou, Xiao Xun and the others.

Wang Zi rushed out, followed them. Mei Mei wanted to do the same act, but Aaron grabbed her hand, stopped her.

“What do you mean?” he asked, almost whispered. “I cheated on her? I and my girlfriend destroyed her life? What do you mean?”

Mei Mei let go her hands. “Try to act innocent?”

“I’m not! Why do you come and destroy everything?” he shouted. “Not just that, you said I cheated on her even I never did it. She’s the one who left me!”

“Didn’t your girlfriend tell you? I bet she was scare you know what she had done to Gui Gui. I’m really happy she left you. That’s the smartest thing that she ever did!” Mei Mei left Aaron arrogantly.

Aaron stood emotionless, couldn’t move. He closed his eyes and felt pain entered his body.

“So…that’s the reason you left me?” He couldn’t hold his tears, he just let it out, burned his eyes. “Why? Why you can’t trust me? Gui, you’re the only whom I always love…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Ya Tou’s house, Gui Gui and the others sat down on the bed and talked about what just happened. Gui Gui cried louder when heard the whole story from Mei Mei.

“Sssh...Don’t cry, Gui…” Ya Tou tried to comfort her, but Gui Gui’s cry became louder and louder.

“I can’t believe this…they lied to Gui Gui one year…” Xiao Man shook her head, followed with nod from Xiao Jie.

“So…that’s the reason you really hate Aaron?” Xiao Xun asked to Mei Mei.

“Not just that! After they broke up, Gui Gui changed. She didn’t want to smile anymore. Everyone started to avoid her. I really hate him. If Gui Gui didn’t meet him, she never be like this!” Mei Mei let out her anger.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Finally I find you!” Jiro entered the class room and ran towards Aaron. “Go with me!” he dragged Aaron out from the class to park area. He forced Aaron to enter his car and drove off.

“Where will we go?” Aaron asked.

“I remember something…about Gui Gui…” Jiro said. “Do you remember I ever said I think you’re so happy with her, so I think I’ll try to date with Junior High School student like you?”

Aaron nodded.

“I really dated with Junior High School student, you know…she was in the same school with Gui Gui,” Jiro continued. “She ever said to me, Gui Gui was ever searched by High School students and they fought. I wanted to tell you but you were so busy after we graduated.”

“Yes…I was busy to make a surprise for Gui Gui, but she left just because she didn’t trust me,” Aaron thought. The pain entered his body again.

“Then?” he asked, to change his attention from his pain.

“Not long after that, you broke up with her and moved to New York before I could tell you. And then I broke up with my girlfriend so I didn’t know the truth of that incident. You don’t feel that was so coincident?” Jiro explained.

“You mean…there’s an intertwine between that incident and the reason Gui Gui broke me up?”

Jiro nodded. Aaron silenced for a moment.

What was really happened? Mei Mei said my girlfriend had done something bad to Gui Gui…did she mean was that incident? And who was that my girlfriend? Aaron thought deeply.

“Where will we go?” suddenly he asked.

“Meet Han,” Jiro answered shortly.

“Who’s Han?”

“My girlfriend at that time…”