Chapter 7

A Little Spot Lie

 

Try To Be Nice

Three days later after the first meeting Gui Gui and Aaron. Aaron didn’t ask or talk to Gui Gui anymore when he taught. He just ignored her. For some reason, Gui Gui felt really uncomfortable. She followed Ya Tou’s instruction and try to be nice to Aaron. But, how can she to try to be nice if Aaron ignored her?

Gui Gui sighed as she walked out from library. She just finished her Biology assignment. The school was empty already. She walked by herself.

“Ugh!!! I regret I didn’t ask Wang Zi or Ya Tou to accompany me,” she said.

When she got out, she saw that was raining.

“Luckily I bring my umbrella,” she took out her umbrella.
And then she realized that there’s someone stood alone not far from her. That person looked like is waiting the rain stop. She got nearer and shock when she saw it was Aaron.

“Aaron? Is he waiting the rain? Oh! I know. He must can’t go to the parking area and take his car because it’s rain,” Gui Gui thought. For the first time she felt doubt about the school and the parking area are separated.

She stared at her umbrella.

“Try to be nice!” she said to herself.

She walked closer to Aaron and patted his back.

Aaron turned around and shocked when he saw Gui Gui, smiled to him.

“Hi, Sir! Are you waiting the rain?” she asked. Aaron just ignored her.

“Try to be nice…” she talked in her mind.

“You can’t reach the parking area, can you? Sir?” Gui Gui asked again. Aaron ignored her again.

“Try to be nice…” Gui Gui repeated this words.

“You can use this umbrella!” she said as she handed her umbrella to Aaron.

Aaron stared at her umbrella as Gui Gui ran into the rain. Without thinking, Aaron opened that umbrella and chased Gui Gui. When he reached her, he grabbed her hand. Gui Gui spun around.

“We can use this together,” Aaron said as he sheltered Gui Gui and himself with that umbrella.

They walked together to the parking area in silence. Gui Gui still shocked because she never expected that. And Aaron couldn’t believe that he’ll do it. Why doesn’t he just return her umbrella?

That silence broke when suddenly Gui Gui slipped and fell on the ground. All of her body was wet. Aaron stared at her for awhile until he burst out his laugh. He offered his hand to help Gui Gui, but he’s still laughing. Gui Gui took his hand and stood up while Aaron kept laughing.

“Haha…that’s not funny, Sir!” Gui Gui made a fake laugh. She pouted .

“I’m sorry…sorry…” Aaron raised his free hand and messed Gui Gui’s hair. It’s just like when they’re still dating. When Gui Gui’s mad at Aaron, he’ll mess her hair and apologize.

Then Aaron realized what he had done. He pulled back his hand while Gui Gui blushed. That’s the first time there’s someone touched her hair except Wang Zi.

They’re continued walking. The atmosphere became awkward.
“Why does this teacher always do everything that makes me shock? I’ll get heart attack soon,” Gui Gui thought, while Aaron blamed himself.

“What did I just have done? I can’t stop my habit to mess her hair when she gets mad at me. Aaron Yan! You haven’t date with her anymore!” he murmured.

“What?” Gui Gui asked.

“Umm…nothing,” Aaron said as he walked faster.

“Wait, Sir! Can’t you walk slower?” Gui Gui tried to compare her steps with his.

“You’ve wet already! So, that’s no matter if you are caught in the rain a little again,” Aaron kept walking fast.

“Great! I’ve tried to be nice with you, but you don’t value it!” Gui Gui’s words made Aaron speechless for awhile.

“Here you are!” Gui Gui said when they reached Aaron’s car. She grabbed her umbrella and turned around. She walked as fast as she can, left Aaron alone.

Aaron felt guilty a little bit. He got in his car and drove off to the way to Bus Stop. When he reached it, he saw Gui Gui was running to chase the bus which just left.

“Wait! Hey…wait!” Gui gui shouted, but the bus disappeared already. Gui Gui stood there, felt helpless.

Aaron looked at her from the distance. Her body is completely wet now, because she didn’t bother to shelter herself with her umbrella. She looked hopeless.

“However, she helped me. And because of that she lost the bus,” Aaron said to himself, made an excuse as he drove off approach Gui Gui. He stopped his car in front of Gui Gui.
“Get in,” he said.

Gui Gui surprised to see him. Well, like she said before, Aaron always does the unexpected things like that.

“Don’t just stand there! I said get in. I’ll drive you home.”

Gui Gui got in Aaron’s car. When Gui Gui’s inside already, he drove off.

“I don’t know you’re such a good person,” Gui Gui said.

“I just want to repay your kindness. I don’t like to owe with someone else,” he explained.

“He becomes annoyed again,” Gui Gui mumbled.

“What?”

“Nothing…”

Whole of the way, they’re just silent. Aaron doesn’t want to talk, and Gui Gui doesn’t know how to break the silent.
Maybe it’s better to silent, so there are no lies anymore between them…