Chapter 37

A Little Spot Lie

 

About Gui Gui

I sat on my bed and leaned my back against the wall. I took the book beside me and started to read.

Suddenly someone knocked the door.

“Come in,” I said.

My eyes almost popped out when saw Dad entered my room. This was the first time. Really a first time he entered my room.

“Dad…” I said unbelievingly.

Dad never loved me. He hated me. I knew it since I was child. Just Calvin Ge and Chun Ge and Auntie Yin were the people who cared about me. Mum had passed away since I was born. Dad considered me as the reason that made Mum passed away, because of that he hated me. Sometimes I also felt like that, but Auntie Yin will just scold me when I thought like that.

I hoped Dad will love me one day.

Was this the sign he will start to love me?

“Ying Jie…” he called as he sat beside.

I smiled bitterly. Everyone even the maid and the teachers in my school called me Gui Gui, just Dad was the one who still called me Wu Ying Jie.

“Yes, Dad?”

“I need your help. Will you help your father?” he asked me.
You father…he never considered me as his daughter…it was the first time…

And I always hoped I could help him.

I just agreed without thinking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Mei…don’t do it!” Calvin Ge shook his head.

“Why? I just want to help!” I said stubbornly.

“Hear your brother…don’t do it!” Chun Ge said.

“Why? Ge…you know he never asks me something…this is the first time!”

“But ruin someone’s family? That’s crazy!” Chun Ge raised his voice.

“Ge…do you know his father ever betrayed our father?”

“Since when you become like this? Where’s Gui Gui who always fights everyone who wants to revenge?” Calvin Ge asked me.

“That’s…”

“Mei…don’t…” Chun Ge and Calvin Ge stared at me, like they begged me.

But I was just too stubborn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked around and felt nervous. I never stepped in the High School. But I must now.

I entered the gate and my eyes roamed around that big building. So big…how could I find him?

“What are you doing here? You’re still a Junior High School student,” suddenly someone talked to me.

He didn’t smile. He looked so scary…but maybe he knew him.

“You know someone’s named Wu Geng Lin or something like that?” I asked him.

“That’s me. Why do you search me?” he asked back coldly.

You were so lucky, Gui! That was him!

“Ah! So you’re Wu Geng Lin! I’m Wu Ying Jie, but I prefer you call me Gui Gui!” I took out my hand, but he ignored it. What an arrogant person!

“Why do you search me?” he asked again. “And don’t call me like that. Everyone calls me by my English name, Aaron Yan.”

Aaron Yan? Nice name…compared with his face…nice…handsome…Gosh! What was I thinking? Stupid! You were here in important mission, Gui!

“Aaron? Okay! Aaron Yan, please be my tutor!” I asked him immediately.

“Why me?”

“Because I heard you’re the smartest student here! Pleaseeeee!!!!!” I pleaded him.

“No,” he walked away. No…I won’t give up!

“Wait!” I chased him. “You have the heart to see me failed with my test? My future will damage!”

I gave him my puppiest look. No one ever won with this…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two months he tutored me. I never ever met the cold person like him. But I didn’t know…I was always happy whe I met him…Gosh…what did I think?

I stared at him. He was really handsome. If I didn’t want to revenge, maybe I will fall in love with him?

I glanced to the chocolate in my bag. This was Valentine’s Day and I must be here with this coldest person ever.

“Hey, why don’t we take the day off, today?” I suggested him.

“Why don’t you just study?” he said without looked at me.
“Just this day!” I pleaded him.

He sighed. “Then I leave.”

He was about to leave, but I won’t let him. “Wait! Let’s go somewhere!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Why do you bring me here?” he asked me when he saw where I brought him. Amusement Park.

“For have fun!” I smiled to him.

Out with him was really really fun! He wasn’t like my brothers who always treat me like a child and forbade me to ride this, don’t ride that…sighed…he just let me and followed me. He was such a nice boy!

Eit! Don’t think too much, Gui! Remember your mission…

Suddenly my eyes caught the ferries wheel. I wanted to ride it…wanted to ride it…really wanted to ride it…

“Let’s ride that!” I pointed it and dragged Aaron to ride it.

“Uwa! Beautiful!” I said as I watched the scene from the ferries wheel. It was awesome!

Suddenly I heard he mumbled something.

“What?” I asked him.

“Nothing,” he was back to be a cold person again.

“You’re weird!” I laughed. For my surprised, he smiled when saw I laughed.

I couldn’t deny it anymore! He was so handsome…!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We walked together as the sky became darker. This day was so fun! I was never happier than this day!

“You’re sure you don’t want me to send you home?” he asked me again. I thought it was for the third time?

I shook my head. “I can go by myself.”

“If you don’t want, ask your family to pick you up, then,” he said.

Suddenly I felt guilty inside me. He was really nice. Was it true to ruin his family?

“I live by myself,” I lied to him.

“What?”

“Are you worried about me?” I asked without thinking. It was just out from my mouth.

“Of course not! But you’re still child!” he said.

“Hey! I’m not child anymore! I’m fourteen years old already!” I hide my disappointment with argued him.

“For me, you’re still child,” he .

Hey…he never teased me like this…

“What?” he asked when saw I stared at him confusedly.

“Nothing…I just wonder…you looked so happy this night,” I said honestly.

“I…just go home!” instead answered, he commanded me.

“Okay…” I gave up, and then remember about my chocolate. “But…”

I took out the chocolate from my bag and gave it to him.

“This is for you. Umm…happy valentine day!” I smiled sincerely and then ran away.

I felt my cheeks were getting warm. Gosh…why I must blush?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn’t believe it. I passed…I passed the test!

I always worried if I couldn’t pass the test because I wasn’t too smart…but I passed!

Wohoo!!!

I immediately called Aaron and said, “Meet me at the park!”
Before he could say anything, I hung up.

I ran as fast as I could to the park. When I saw him, I ran towards him and cheered, “I’m success!”

“That’s all because you!” I said to him happily, sincerely.

Then that thought flashed in my head. I couldn’t meet him anymore…why did I feel sad?

That was because I still could fulfill my task…I told my self. But my heart screamed to me…Because you know you will miss him!

“Umm…I think this is the last time we meet,” I said sadly. “I’m high school student now, but you graduated already.”

I tried to hold back my tears. No…don’t cry in front of him, Gui…

“I…goodbye Aaron! Thanks for everything,” I turned around and walked away before heard his answered. I tried my best not to cry. I wasn’t allowed to cry for him…

Suddenly I felt a pair of arms wrapped my body.

“Aaron?”

I couldn’t hold it anymore. I let my tears fell down.

“It’s too late to answer your chocolate?” he whispered as I turned back immediately.

“You mean...”

He loved me? No…that couldn’t be…that was forbidden…

“Don’t cry,” he said softly, made my strength disappeared, even to tell him not to love me…not to be so nice to me…

I closed my eyes as I felt his face was getting near. I couldn’t refuse this…I was too weak. I couldn’t deny it anymore.

Don’t love me Aaron…

Those words just sank and then disappeared when our lips met, even before I could tell him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Woah! That’s cool! Finally you have boyfriend!” Mei Mei shouted happily when I told her.

“Don’t shout! Everyone is staring at us,” I bent my head down.

“Hehe…I’m sorry,” she said innocently as we continued walking. “But he is so handsome, you know…you’re lucky can get him…”

Lucky? She was right…but…what should I do? Must I betray my own father?

When we reached the school gate, three girls were waiting for us…no…for me?

“Are you Wu Ying Jie?” one of them, the girl with short hair asked.

“Yes,” I nodded.

“Ey…Hebe…don’t be so harsh, okay?” I heard the girl beside her that looked tomboyish whispered to her.

She didn’t answer. Instead, she stepped forwards then slapped me.

I looked at her in confused.

“All of you must know, she is a !” she shouted to everyone, before turned to me, “You…how dare you steal Aaron from me! He’s my boyfriend! No one can take him away from me!”

I shocked when heard that. Without thinking, I ran as fast as I could, ignored Mei Mei who shouted calling me.

No…that couldn’t be, right? He never had girlfriend…Aaron won’t lie to me…I trusted him…

But my tears just fell uncontrollably. I sat on the edge of road and cried my heart out.

“Excuse me…” suddenly I heard someone’s voice.

I lifted up my face and saw a middled-age woman smiled to me.

“If I weren’t wrong, are you really the daughter of Wu Qian Yi and Xiao Hua?” she asked me.

I slightly nodded. Why did she ask? And how could she know?
“Who are you?” I asked.

“I’m Wu Li Yang, your mother’s friend…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’ve been looked for your mother for a long time before knew that she has passed away,” she said.

I looked around and felt uncomfortable here. She brought me to her office and just knew that she was the owner of this company.

“How has your father been?” she suddenly asked.

“Good,” I answered shortly.

“Is he nice to your mother before she passed away?” she asked again, and I was surprised to hear her question.

“I don’t know…I even never see Mum…she passed away because she born me…that’s the way Dad always hated me…” I told her.

“What? Since when he becomes so cruel?” she said unbelievingly.

“You know my father?”

She didn’t answer. I couldn’t stand the silenced between us.

“That’s…I have something to tell your father…but I just didn’t know how to tell him…” she broke the silenced.

“What?” I asked curiously.

“Do you ever notice that we have the same surname?” she asked me. I nodded.

“My husband is your father’s step-brother,” she said. “And I’m your father’s ex-girlfriend…no more than it…” she let out a bitter laugh. “We almost marry, but I left him in the church…”

“What?”

She nodded. “I left him, because I can’t take him away from your mother. She is the one who should marry with him. She is his fiancée. At that time I knew your mother has illness; I decided to leave your father. Even your mother begged me to stay, but I just can’t let her overcome her illness by herself. I made it like I betrayed him and cheated on his own step-brother. Wei Yi helped me and we ran together. He always said it’s okay if I apologized to him because I made Qian Yi hates him…”

“Wei Yi? You mean Wu Wei Yi?” I asked, shocked when heard that name.

“You…know?”

I slightly nodded.

She smiled and her thought flew nowhere. “Wei Yi is the one who can make me moved on. Finally I married with him. I decided to come back and explain everything but I can’t find your family. Until Wei Yi died, I still can’t explain the misunderstanding between them…I can’t do anything to him…It’s my entire fault…I just can run again, until I find out that your mother has passed away…”

She was like want to cry, but she hid it.

But I couldn’t. I cried immediately when I knew everything.

“Why are you crying?” she asked me.

“I do a mistake…big mistake…do you know I’m about to ruin your family?” I told her between my cry.

“What are you talking about?” she asked me confusedly.

“I do love Aaron…I love him…but if he found out I ever plan to ruin his family…he must hate me…” I cried harder.

“Aaron? My son?” she became more confused.

I told her everything as I decided to betray my own father.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He walked towards me and smiled but I didn’t smile back.

“What’s wrong with you? Is there something happened?” Aaron asked me with concern, made me hurted more. But I set my face as flat as I could.

“Let’s break up,” I said coldly.

“Why? Did I do something wrong to you?” Aaron asked me confusedly.

No…you didn’t do anything…I did…

“No. Just break up. I don’t love you anymore,” I forced myself to say those words, as my heart felt pain more and more.

“You…don’t love me anymore?”

“No.”

I ran away and he didn’t stop me. How I wished he will stop me and beg me not to go…but it was better. I mustn’t to hurt more…to lie more…

I love you Aaron…I do love you…but we’re not meant to be…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Half a year I never met Aaron again. Dad was really mad at me when knew I broke up with Aaron. He caned me badly. Luckily Calvin Ge and Chun Ge defended me.

I was busied myself with school and took a music course. I didn’t have any friends anymore. I avoided them. I didn’t want to have friends…I just wanted Aaron even I knew I couldn’t…

“…Wu Ying Jie…”

I heard the Miss Lee mentioned my name. There was a new student? I didn’t care. I raised my hand and after that I didn’t pay attention anymore.

Finally class ended. I walked to the one of music room that hadn’t used anymore. I sat down on the chair and started to play the piano in front of me. As played, I closed my eyes and the memories about Aaron appeared again in my mind. My tears fell and I just ignored it.

Suddenly I heard sound and I opened my eyes.

I saw the new student walked in. I wiped my tears quickly and stood up, but for my surprised he stopped me when I was about to leave.

“No, you mustn’t go!” he said. “I just want to see who was playing the piano. I’m sorry I disturb you. Just continue play it,” he apologized.

I looked at him and realized something. His face…his figure…was like Aaron…

I stepped closer without thinking.

“Your face is looked like someone,” I said honestly.

“Umm…really?”

“Did I do something wrong to you?” suddenly he asked.

“No, why?” I asked back.

“I just wonder why you’re so sad,” he told me.

“That’s…” no one ever said like that to me. “What’s your name?” I started to interest him.

“Wang Zi,” he smiled, offered me his hand. I took it and said, “I’m Wu Ying Jie. But I prefer Gui Gui.”

He chuckled. “Ghost?”

I just nodded, forced myself to smile.

I glanced to my watch. That was late already.

“I have to go. Bye, Wang Zi…” I waved my hand before left.

Wang Zi…I thought I could be friend with him…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Dad…” I called him doubtfully.

He ignored me.

“Dad…do you want to go to the Mum’s grave together?” I asked.

He ignored me.

“Dad…”

“Why do you disturb me? I don’t want to go and never want to go!” he said.

“Why?” I asked even I knew the answer already. He never loves Mum.

“Why do you ask? Is it important?” he shouted.

I didn’t answer. I just stood there.

“You’re same with your mother, useless and bring the bad luck!” he started to scold me again. I was used with it, but I couldn’t stand when he cursed Mum.

“Don’t talk bad about Mum!” I shouted back as my tears fell uncontrollably.

I ran out from the house and walked nowhere. Stared blankly and didn’t notice around, I walked on the street like the despressed person.

I walked across the road, when suddenly I heard someone rang the horn. I could feel it, even I didn’t see it. A car rushed towards me with quick speed.

But I didn’t move. My feet froze. I couldn’t move.

Aaron…Aaron…Aaron…I’m sorry…I love you…

That was the last thing I remembered when finally I felt my body was hit by something, the blood rushed out from my body and my vision became dark…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long chapter...
Finally everything is clear...
Comment!

And I have announcement!
My new story:
=One Thousand Stars=
http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/cArn_berry/
MUST read it, okay?
^^