Chapter 17

A Little Spot Lie

 

His Worry

Gui Gui rushed into her room. She lashed her body on the bed and reached her pillow. She pounded her fist on it as she cried, “I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!”

Anger filled her heart. What had she done that made Aaron so hate her? She never remembered she ever made him angry.

“Why must he mad at me? I just talked to him a few minutes and he said I wasted his time? So arrogant!” she shouted. “So annoyed!!!”

“Wang Zi!” she hit her pillow more violently. “Not just Ya Tou is the one who is sad now, but me too! I need you, but where are you?”

She kept crying until she got tired and fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wang Zi walked slowly with Ya Tou beside him as the sky became darken. She started to calm now after cried a few hours. Wang Zi stared at Gui Gui’s bag that he held, and thought about her.

Why did she leave him? She usual waits for him to go home together. And impossible if she just left Ya Tou who was crying just likes that. She even left her bag. What’s wrong with her? Was there something happened when she bought drink for Ya Tou?

Wang Zi quickly turned to Ya Tou and said, “Your house is getting near from here. Can you come back alone? I gotta go now!”

Ya Tou nodded. “Yes…” she paused. “Umm…Wang Zi…thanks for everything.”

“It’s okay. Just take a rest,” Wang Zi smiled. He turned around and ran back to his house. His heart and thought filled with Gui Gui. He worried about her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wang Zi sighed in relief when he saw Gui Gui slept on her bed peacefully. He walked silently towards her and put her bag on her desk. He sat on the bed and stared at her face. He realized that she just cried.

“What happened with her?” he asked himself, didn’t know what the answer.

Saw at her sleep face, he raised his hand and touch her face. Her eyelids, her nose, her cheeks and then her lips. Something bothered him.

He leaned in as their faces were getting near. His heart was beating fast. He closed his eyes as he felt Gui Gui’s breathe tickled his face. Their lips were about to touch, but he pulled back.

“I’m so bad,” he said, touched his chest and felt his heart is still beating fast.

He stared at her again for a moment.

“Gui, do you know I always worry about you?” he whispered. “I scare if one day you find the truth, you’ll leave me. I scare if one day your memories back, you’ll start to hate yourself again. Is it possible if everything just still likes this until we’re dead? Not use to know the truth. You’re happy enough here…”

He caressed her hair lightly.

“Good night,” he took a peck on her forehead, before turn off the light and left.