054

You And Only You

"I think he is cheating on me." Baekhyun's eyes widened in disbelief.

"Are you sure you're talking about Jongin? THE Kim Jongin!?" Kyungsoo sighed as his eyes were casted down on the table.

"Are you sure?" Baekhyun asked.

"I..I don't know. It's just he has been on his phone these days like a lot. A LOT." Kyungsoo answered softly,feeling more and more miserable as he thought about the past few days.

"Well,practically everyone is glued to their phones these days! Even Chanyeol,I tell you. He's a game addict." His friend tried to reassure him.

"It's not that only.Many messages keep coming in. At first he put his phone on vibrate mode and when he kinda knew that I noticed his phone buzzing alot,he muted it. But I still know it because his phone keeps lighting up whenever a message comes in. And there are phone calls too. He even leaves to pick it up whenver we are eating or watching TV" Baekhyun's mouth formed an O shape after Kyungsoo's long explanation. He had to admit that it did sound fishy.

"Well,..did you try to talk to him about it?" Kyungsoo shook his head.

"I want to but I don't know where to start..I don't really want to look into his phone either. I don't know anymore!" He sighed in exasperation.

"We have been together for like quite a long time,you know....And it was on and off with so many........obstacles... His feelings could burn out so...." Baekhyun put a hand on his own,stopping him.

"Has yours ran out?" Baekhyun asked,staring straight into his eyes.

"No!" He answered, finding his friend's question ridiculous.

"Then why are you assuming his feelings would die out!? You gt my point?" Kyungsoo just nodded,sighing for the umpteenth time.

"Talk to him,Kyungsoo. Really,you should."

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Kyungsoo decided to surprise Jongin at his work today after his talk with Baekhyun last afternoon. He figured they could go have lunch at a cozy restaurant they often,which was conveniently near the office and at there,he could initiate the talk. He was exceptionally nervous. Anxious,more than ever.

He smiled and greeted at some people on this floor, who rather knew him as he sometimed would come to Jongin's office with a lunch pack to eat together when it was a very busy day.

Kyungsoo was in front of the office now and his hand,which was about to knock on the mahogany door stopped when he suddenly heard footsteps against the marble floor,echoing in the room,getting nearer before it suddenly halted. Then there were loud whispers very close to the door.

"I think Kyungsoo hyung might know now." He was certain it was Jongin's voice,cleary filled with worries.

"What? I thought we are being very discrete!"He inhaled sharply and he didn't even know if he was still breathing after that because his mind felt so fuzzy,rid of any thoughts. It was woman's voice. A woman he knew. Kang Seulgi. Jongin's assistant,newly hired nearly two months now. Anyone could tell she was a beauty with a brain at first sight by the sight of her holding her figure ever so gracefully and in confidence.

"I know! He can't find out! He cannot definitely know about us!" And with that,Kyungsoo turned back on his heels,head down and lips biten until it nearly bled.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"I heard you came to the office today?? How come I didn't meet you??" Kyungsoo stopped eating to look up and saw a small pout forming on Jongin's face.

"Ah...something came up at..work." His words came out slow. He felt slow. He didn't know what he was feeling anymore. It was numb. The more he thought about the possibility of Jongin cheating,the number he had become.

"Oh? Is everything okay now!?" Jongin seemed to believe his lie as he sincerely asked,eyebrows furrowed together in concert. The older let out a small smile.

"Yeah..Yeah. It's okay now."

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎
Kyungsoo tossed and turned in the bed he obviously shared with Jongin. He was at the younger's apartment. Jongin told him he would come to bed soon yet was still out of sight for nearly 10 minutes now. With a sigh and a decision not to dwell further on anything,he got up to get some water from the kitchen.

His feet stopped when he was in front of the bathroom, which was located at the hallway,on the way to the living room and the kitchen. It was Jongin in there.

But why would Jongin use this bathroom out here when there was one in their bedroom too??

And then he realised the younger was on his phone. Kyungsoo knew it was bad. He shouldn't eavesdrop. It was bad. But---but......He ended up putting his ear on the door. His throat hurted badly when he gulped. Was it because he was on the verge of crying??

"Oh my god!" He heard Jongin exclaimed. "Seulgi,you have no idea how much I love you!!"

Oh..

 

 

 

A/n- please don't kill me