047

You And Only You

“So you just called me here to ask me about Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo?” Junmyeon asked him looking rather unbelievable about Jongin's question about how was Kyungsoo.

“Hyung,I just asked ‘How is Kyungsoo hyung?’ !” Junmyeon raised his eyebrows.

“I thought you were gonna ask me something…..serious.” Jongin pouted at his cousin's words.

“I am asking something serious.” Junmyeon rubbed his face, sighing slightly.

“He is just fine.” Jongin looked hesitated to ask something.

“Canyoupleasetellmehisaddress?”

“What?” Junmyeon frowned, not understanding what Jongin had just said under his breath.

“I said—I said—Can you please give me Kyungsoo hyung's address?” The older's frowned had deepened.

“For what?”

“To go and meet him…”

“Why would you even!”

“Because I just want to!” Jongin said loudly,attracting other people's attentionin the café.

“What if he doesn't want to see you?” Junmyeon questioned.

“Hyung please!” He pleaded.

And their conversation went on and on like that with Jongin's constant pleadings and Junmyeon's constant denial.

However,in the end,the older male just jad to give in.

 

 

 

Jongin shuffled on his feet nervously and debating whether he should just be brave and knocked on that damn door or  just walk away. 

His injured leg, which was better now, ached a little as it was a bit long that he had been walking back and forth here.

At last, he closed both of his eyes tightly and moved up his fist towards the door to leave a soft knock. 

Jongin’s heart fell a little when there was no response coming back from inside of the apartment. And he decided that he would definitely leave after this time.

However, he heard a fainted “I'm coming" and he couldn't help himself but feeling warm and tingly inside because of that familiar voice.

That was how he always felt around Kyungsoo.

When the door was opened,Jongin saw Kyungsoo's eyes widened with his heart-shaped lips a little opened and the details of shock written all over him.

And then he noticed that Kyungsoo was wearing an apron. Kyungsoo. With an Apron.

Jongin tried so hard not to jump around and cooed outwardly just because damn.Kyungsoo wearing an apron was just…just so cute and….perfect

Urgh

“How—How…Why are you here?” Kyungsoo frowned slightly as he asked the question softly. And Jongin just gulped, pondering for the best answer he could reply.

“urm….to meet you?” He chuckled nervously, now feeling colder than before though he was wearing a leather jacket with brown turtleneck sweater underneath.

Kyungsoo seemed dissatisfied with his answer but he might have noticed his freezing condition as his expression softened and sighed a little, opening the door enough for Jongin to go in.

“Please come in.” Jongin smiled alittle as he followed Kyungsoo into his apartment, taking off his shoes and placing it neatly at the place where Kyungsoo had his shoes.

His eyes wandered around the apartment as he walked further in. It was quite small with two bedrooms and kitchen and living room in one wide open space. But Jongin felt like it reflected every bits of Kyungsoo. Warm and cozy and friendly and home-like.

“Do you want to drink something? Any Juice? Tea?” It was Kyungsoo's tired monotone voice that snapped him out of his thought.

“Just water is okay. Thank you very much.” Kyungsoo nodded stiffly and the tanned male noticed that the former one was not quiet meeting his eyes.

The delicious smell of soup barged into Jongin's nose and it couldn't be more pleasant. Jongin smiled at the thought about Kyungsoo cooking.

“Thank you.” He repeated again when a glass of water was placed onto the table in front of him. To his dissapointment, Kyungsoo had already taken off the apron and placed it on the kitchen counter.

Kyungsoo took a seat in front of him, looking rather reluctant to do it. An awkward silence fell upon them. Jongin enclosed his fingers around the glasses, glancing up at Kyungsoo very occasionally.

“How are you now?” “How have you been?” They both coincidentally spoke up at the same time, leaving Jongin with a soft chuckle and Kyungsoo with a soft smile.

“I'm okay now.” “I'm fine.” Now they did it again and it drew out a chuckle from Kyungsoo which Jongin couldn't help but grin at.

“I'm fine.” Kyungsoo repeated, smiling a little. Jongin nodded.

“I'm…I'm okay now too,I guess. Sometimes it ached all over but not that much like before anymore.” He finished with a big smile plastered on his face.

“I'm glad to hear it" The older said and Jongin could sense the sincerity in it.

“Were you cooking? I'm sorry to disturb you…” Kyungsoo shook his head.

“It's fine. And yes,I decided to cook and instead of eating out today.” He explained.

“Have I…have I..” Jongin hesitated about asking. “Have I ever eaten what you cook?” Jongin guiltily asked and saw a sad smile on Kyungsoo.

“Yes..Yes,You have.” The older avoided his eyes and instead focused his fingers which he folded on his lap.

“I see..” Jongin trailed off. “I think you must be curious about how I know your address.” He continued, trying to lighten up the mood. “I asked Junmyeon hyung actually.” (correction : he forcibly asked) 

Kyungsoo's eyes widened a little at that. “I just wanted to meet you again…” Jongin muttered softly but Kyungsoo managed to hear it anyway.

What Jongin missed out was that Kyungsoo's red cheeks as the former was not looking at the older.

“You..you didn't come to visit the hospital last time before I went back home..I was..I was waiting for you..” He mumbled softly, fiddling with his fingers nervously.

“I….” Kyungsoo seemed to find the right words to say as he fidgeted.. “I was busy..I am sorry.I truly am.”

Jongin smiled at his words. “It's fine. At least I am seeing you now.” He grinned again.

“Do you live alone here?” Jongin sat up straight. Kyungsoo nodded.

“Aren't you supposed to go out on this weekend with your like girlfriend or something?” Jongin asked awkwardly, rubbing his neck.

“I don't have one.” Kyungsoo replied, staring at him for a while before looking away. And Jongin smiled sheepishly and he hoped Kyungsoo didn't notice it.

“Then anyone you like? What's your type though? A cute girl? Or a smart one? I think you would go for calm and---"

“I have no interest in girls,Jongin.” The older replied in a stern voice and Jongin stopped bubbling and stared at Kyungsoo.

An awkward silence once again blanketed over them.

“I….." Jongin stuttered, suddenly at loss of words. It was not that he was prejudiced against it. Not at all. He even felt hopeful which was crazier because Jongin…..on Kyungsoo….

“I am gay.” Kyungsoo spoke once again in a very stern voice.

“I…oh…I'm sorry.I…” He stuttered and Kyungsoo must have taken it in a wrong way.

“It's fine.” The older said rather loudly and instantly. “It’s okay. I can understand how you feel about it. Most people hate gay people so yeah,I know---" Kyungsoo started mumbling non stop with a shaking voice and Jongin just wanted to hug him and quiet him down..

“No! No,Hyung! It's not like that! I admit that I was quiet shocked but I have nothing against about it! Please believe me!” He said so quickly, shaking his head with his eyes wide opened. Kyungsoo just sighed.

“So..then…. Any guy you like?” He asked again with his head tilted and wearing a smile but his heart being fast for no reason.

Kyungsoo just bit his lips and looked away once again. And Jongin just felt like his heart shuttered into pieced.


He looks like he does have someone he likes 

“I'm….I'm kinda curious about your type though.” Jongin added before Kyungsoo had said anything. “Is it someone older than you?” Kyungsoo looked uneasy but the younger did not know what he was doing anymore.

“Jongin-ah…” Jongin bit his lower lips.

“Or is it someone like me?” It was supposed to be a joke but it came out very seriously and Kyungsoo's face had went pale. Jongin was sure he saw Kyungsoo's hands trembling. But they did not break off the eye contact.

“Jongin…I….” Kyungsoo opened his mouth again but no words came out.

“Sorry. I left the stove open. Please excuse me.” Kyungsoo suddenly broke off the eye contact and stood up abruptly. Jongin nodded and he had no idea what just happened..

He turned his head to see Kyungsoo's back and he seemed to be stirring the pot. Jongin stood up, suddenly feeling tired.
Now he noticed a book shelf,which was not very big, but seemed to have many books, at the corner of the room.

“Hyung you have lots of books.” Kyungsoo replied something softly.

A book at the at the very top of the shelf caught Jongin's attention. It was his favourite book which he had been reading repeatedly. His lips formed an “O" shape as his hands move upwards to take it 

Unfortunately,because the books were tightly placed together, books beside the one he took,fell on the ground with a soft thud.

He cursed himself in his mind for being careless and crouched down to pick up the fallen books.

However,his hands stopped gathering the books on the floor altogether when he noticed a simple black and white one which seemed to be a photobook.

But that was not what made him freezed. It was the handwritten words on the white part of the album.


It’s always You and Only You. I Love You.”

The writer of the words seemed to try to write it in beautiful italic font for the first time as they did not look very neat.

He thought it was true that curiosity killed the cat. However, curiosity got the better of him as his trembling hands moved to open the album's cover.

“Don't open it!" Jongin's head snapped upwards to see Kyungsoo breathing heavily and his face paler than before.

“I--I'm sorry. I didn't mean to---I just---" Kyungsoo took long strides towards him and grabbed the album from his hands.

“I'm sorry.” Jongin repeated, trying to hold onto Kyungsoo's wrist somehow. However,the latter backed away from him, his hands circling around thd album,close to his chest protectively.

“Please leave.” Kyungsoo muttered,his bottom lip trembling.

“Hyung,I--I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to.” Jongin tried to explain again.

“I said please leave!” Kyungsoo said,louder this time with a harsh tone. “Please now!” He said again before the younger could say anything.

Jongin then knew he couldn't do anything and he just felt like crying.He stood up,his legs shaking a little..

“I'm sorry.” He said again, with his head down, putting down the books on the table.

“Goodbye Hyung.” He said softly before he left the apartment. Kyungsoo was still standing without moving, still holding onto the album tightly.

 

 


“So basically,you ed up.” Chanyeol said munching on his sandwich. 
“No I mean it's---” Jongin tried to protest. “Yeah. You're right.” He agreed at last, leaning back onto the chair with a pout.
“I mean why did you do that even!? Anyway,what're you gonna do now?” His friend asked, now drinking water. Jongin shot him a dissatisfied  glance.

“I don't know.” He said, scratching his head. “Don't you have any idea? Urgh! And Stop eating dude!” he groaned.

“I can't help it! I'm hungry. You called me out here during my lunch time!” Chanyeol complained loudly. He sighed very hard when he saw the younger male sulking.

Why do you care about him so much even? You don't even remember him.” He said.

“Yet. Okay? YET. And I don't know. It's just that…he makes me feel…..different? Alive?” Chanyeol snorted.

“That sounds like words coming out of some sappy romance movies.” Jongin clicked his tongue. The taller of the two stared at the younger, scratching his chin.

“I think I might have an idea.” Jongin's eyes brightened.

“You want to reconcile or whatever it is with him?” He nodded very eagerly.

“So…Baekhyun and me are thinking to go on a beach trip during coming summer holiday.” Jongin looked disappointed again. “And what does your lovey dovey trip have anythibg to do with us?” It was Chanyeol this time who clicked his tongue.

“Listen till the end,okay? I am thinking to sacrifice my lovey dovey trip just for you two.” He said and the younger looked hopeful again. “So I'm thinking you guys should come on that trip together.” Jongin nodded in agreement before looking up at his friend with a confused expression.

“But I don't think Kyungsoo would come if I will be there too….” Chanyeol tried so hard not to be mean by laughing loudly at his friend's puppy look-a-like expression.

“I have an idea for that.” The taller said with a very proud smirk and signaled Jongin to come closer with  his forefinger.

 

 


Jongin's heart clenched everytime when he thought about Kyungsoo not tagging along with Chanyeol and Baekhyun to this trip. 

Hana kept talking beside him but he actually did not have any idea what she was saying. Yes,according to his genius friend Chanyeol, he had to make her come along so that it wouldn't look so suspicious that they had planned this meeting.

She agreed very easily with all smiley when he talked to her about going on this beach trip. Jongin knew it was mean to use her like that but well……

However, it was not only Hana that he insisted on coming along. Junmyeon was also included. The said male declined it at first, repeating the “No" word. But in the end, he had to agree due to Jongin's non-stop naggings.

But Junmyeon would only arrive this night due to his business cases.

Currently, Jongin and Hana were currently sitting in the restaurant where they had a good view of the blue sea. But Jongin just could not enjoy this good view.

Suddenly,he saw three familiar figures and he tried so hard not to stand up abruptly. Hana was somehow startled to see Jongin suddenly sitting up straight.

Familiar loud voices overwhelmed the restaurant when they walked in. And Jongin tried to act surprise by seeing his friends here, hoping it looked real in front of Hana.

“oh! Kim Jongin!?” Baekhyun,who apparently also in the plan, exclaimed rather loudly when he pretended that he saw Jongin only now. And Chanyeol gasped so hard with his eyes widened which might be his “surprised" reaction but Jongin just wanted to tell him he over did it.

And Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo just stood behind those two, rather looking frozen seeing him here. And Jongin braced himself to act like he really did not expect them to be here too.

“How come you guys are here too!?” He exclaimed, smiling rather awkwardly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N- ;)