039

You And Only You

"Welcome back." Kyungsoo was welcomed with a velvety rich voice and matching dazzling smile as he dragged his mentally tired body into the house.

"Hey." He greeted back with a smile that didn't reach his eyes and Jongin seemed to notice it as he walked towards him with open arms that soon enclosed him in a tight hug.

"Something happened at work?" He shook his head softly and stared straight into those chocolate color eyes as Jongin pulled back from the hug.The younger male studied his face for a while without looking away.

"Ok then.I will make you dinner.Just sit and rest,ok?" He said,kissing Kyungsoo's cheek softly.

"What? I can at least speghheti for you! You don't trust me?" He asked with a pout as chidlish as he always was when he saw Kyungsoo'e brows furrowed alittle.

"No.I trust you..of course.." Kyungsoo replied softly with deep meaning which was unknown to Jongin.

"Aigoo." Jongin let out a pleasant chuckle,ruffling Kyungsoo's hair.

 

The dinner was overwhelmed by the deafening silence.Jongin often tried to break the ice,talking cheerfully about things and made jokes but half-hearted smile and soft hummings were the only replies he receive from Kyungsoo.

 

 

"No! No! I will do the dishes.You just rest in the living room!" Jongin denied urgently when Kyungsoo was to help him do the dishes.

"Jongin,I'm completly fine.I can at least do the dishes." He replied frowning.

"What? I just want to make my boyfriend sit and do nothing but rest just because I love him.Can't I?" He pouted again when Kyungsoo just sighed.

"Go go." Jongin planted a short and chaste kiss on Kyungsoo's plump lips and shoo-ed him away.

 

 

Kyungsoo sat on a sofa and lazily opened their flat TV with the remote nearby.

'The wedding bells are ringing as the news of an engagement between two people.'

Kyungsoo went numb as the voice coming from the TV overwhelmed the silence in the living room.

Yes,as you all might have already known,they are non other than Kim Jongin,the future inheritor of Kim coorporation and Lee Hana,the only daughter of Lee coorporation! Aren't they just gorgeous and matching together-----'

Jongin abruptly closed the TV and threw away the remote while Kyungsoo just sat there,expressionless.

"I--Kyungsoo,I can explain.It's not---it's not what you think! We are--" Jongin's panic level increased as he continued explaining,holding both of Kyungsoo"s hands into his own dearly.

"I know." With one word,every words coming our from Jongin's lips silenced. "What?"

"I said I know.I heard from Baekhyun this morning." Kyungsoo muttered,lookin down at the silver bangs around their left ring fingers.

"Why--why--How" Jongin stuttered,not able to trust his own ears.

If he does know,why doesn"t he confront me about that!?

"Please,Soo..Look at me.Please?" He begged,holding Kyungsoo's cheeks with his hands.

"I..I am tired.I'm gonna sleep now." With an empty smile,he removed the warm hands around his cold cheeks.

And Jongin was left alone with only his heavy breath as a sound in the room.

 

 

Kyungsoo felt Jongin's arm wrapped around his waist,pulling him closer and a soft yet long kiss was placed on his neck.Teardrops wet the pillow and he bit his lips hard enough not to make any sound...The night was warm but for Kyungsoo,it was the coldest time he ever had in his life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why don't you wake me up?" He turned around with a cofee cup in his hand as he heard a hoarse and still-sleepy voice behind him.

"You were in a deep sleep so..." The atmosphere was tense unlike all the other time and he could feel Jongin's stare penetrating right through his body.

"Do you want to eat something? I will make for you." He said,putting up the best smile with all his best effor but Jongin was still expressionless before walking towards him.

"Kyungsoo,cam we talk about that? Please.." he pleaded and Kyungsoo just sighed.

"Talk about what,Jongin..Are we not ok right now?" He asked despite how his mind was screaming about them not being broken.He was scared.

"It was just my father's arrangement.He planned all of this..I didn't know a thing and yet I was pulled into it.I swear---" Jongin continued with his explanations despite Kyungsoo's effort of dismissing the topic. He coule feel the earnest sincerity in Jongin's words.

"Lee Hara..That's her name right?" He asked blankly.

"Huh?" A slight frown formed on the tanned male's face as he got off-guard by Kyungsoo's sudden question.

"She's a pretty girl..She looks very good with you..like match made in heaven." A broken chuckle came out from Kyungsoo's lips.A strong hands placed on his shoulders,shaking him softly yet firmly.

"Kyungsoo,what are you saying!?" Jongin's voice was getting louder,echoing through the house.

"You are supposed to be angry at me.You should at least want to hit me in the face.You should be asking me what happened and demanded an answer from me!" Kyungsoo backed out from Jongin's strong hands.

"For what,Jongin!? FOR WHAT!?" His voice was now broken but came out loud as like Jongin's.

"Because we are in love!" Tears started to form both of Jongin's eyes. "Don't you love me?" Last question came out merely as a whisper.

"Things that happened that night are not your fault,Jongin.You are just a victim.I know it.But we all can't deny the fact that you are better with her rather than with me.It's like--it's like you are better off without me..Like i am blocking your future..." Kyungsoo himself got surprised at what he was saying and his mind was constantly telling him to stop all of this.

"I..I just can't understand you." Jongin scoffed,staring at him with cold eyes where no familar warmth Kyungsoo once knew didn't exist.

"Do you even love me,Kyungsoo?" Kyungsoo opened his lips to say the word Yes. Hell,he could say it thousand time,million times.No,he could tell it to Jongin until he was satisfied with it.

"Let's..let's just stop talking about this,ok?" That was all he said before  Jongin stormed out of the kitchen and slammed the front door hard enough.

And that was when Kyungsoo let all his hidden tears out.He was tired.So tired.He did the opposite things of what he really wanted in his heart.

 

So what would happen now?

Was it the end of them already?......

Is it the END?