045

You And Only You

"Hello,Jongin-sshi" Jongin greeted back politely with a bow took a seat opposite of her.

"I'm proud to say that I will be interviewing you about a few things as a representative of Starlight magazine." She flashed her pearly white teeth as she spoke. A heavy perfume scent reeked from her.

"My name is Na Hyerin and I'm proud to be featured in this Starlight magazine too." He replied as polite ad ever with a small smile.

" So first of all Jongin-sshi! How was your experience working with our crew?" She asked,her already short,tight went up to the middle of her thigh as she crossed her legs, touching Jongin's.

"Oh It was very pleasant! They were very patient and guided me through things I didn't understand." He replied cheerfully,pushing back the thought of moving his chair so that he would be able to break that contact.

She giggled though there wasn't anything funny Jongin's words. He tapped his fingers on his legs, impatient about this interview to be over. To be away from her flirty motives which she was making since the start of the photoshoot.

"I'm glad you feel like that!" Finally,she continued. "So Jongin-sshi, you have been away from the media quiet a while. Any reasons to be in the spotlight again?"

"I must say there isn't any particular reason. I was taking a rest and I felt like I wanted to continue my career again so.." he trailed off the sentence. His mind filled off his father's order of busying himself with work to be able to go back being normal. But Jongin knew it would't happen. Having a normal easy going life. Not without him.

"I see. Currently, many of the fans are wondering whether you will have a comeback with you dancing after you have captivated your fans including me with your extraordinary dance moves with your first concert,Jongin-sshi." Jongin displayed a smile on his face.

"I can't say for sure about this matter. Dancing has been one of my main passion. But I assure that I will update as soon as I am sure about it." She clapped her hands at his words. But Jongin couldn't tell she was sincere or not.

"Now last topic!" He let a relieving  sigh internally.

"The topic which interests alot of your fans! Your engagement news has taken alot of fans by surprise." His jaws tightened at her words. The thing he was trying to forget.

"How did you feel about your engagement,Jongin-sshi?"

"Neutral,I guess." Harshness slipped through his tone though he was smiling which taken her by surprise although she covered it up with her flirty smile.

"Did you meet up with her lately? Any secret dates?" He sat up straight and shook his head.

"We both have been busied with our own schedules." She nodded slowly at his words.

"Will the wedding be soon occurred?" He tried not to snort at it.

"We have yet to discuss about this matter. I am not too rushing about this." His lips curved upward.

"Alrighty! I'm sad to say this but this is end of our interview. Thank you for sparing your time and I hope you would work with Starship magazine alot in the future,Jongin-sshi." He smiled and mutter a small thank you and stood up too when she did.

He put on his top coat as soon as the interview was over,putting his phone in his coat's pocket. Just when was at the exit,a hand tapped on his shoulder stopped him. He realized his own mistake of stopping when he saw her face as he turned around.

"Hello,Jongin-sshi. I just want to give you this." She bit her lips, trying to be cute or disgusting which Jongin couldn't find out,as she pushed her name card with her phone number in his hands.

"Call me,you know when you get tired of this fiance of yours or when you are bored. I wrote down my address behind the card too." She whispered in his ear with her hands on his shoulder,her long nails dugging.

"I have somewhere urgent to go,if you excuse me." He removed her hands as he spoke out coldly before walking out without sparing at her face.

                                                   ***
Jongin could finally breath freely after he escaped from the flirty motive of the interviewer, Na Hyerin. He threw away her card as soon as he exited the building.

He turned his car into an alley located in the familiar part of the town. He stopped his car's engine and stepped out of it and started walking on a familiar route. It was cold outside but Jongin could care less now.

He took out his phone to check the time.

12:30.still have time.

He sighed staring at the lockscreen displaying the photo of their interwined fingers.

He quickened his pace, buried half of his face into his turtleneck sweater.

Jongin huffed out a breath as he halted to stop when he stood beside the big tree which was locate on the opposite side of the familiar building. It was 12:50 now.

It had been his routine quite a while now. Watching him from afar while hiding himself behind the tree. He couldn't come here with his car because Kyungwoo would definitely notice. He would notice it and try to get away from him.

Jongin knew he was being a creepy stalker now. But that was the only way he could see Kyungsoo without making him avoid him.

A small smile displayed on his face face beneth the turtleneck.

Ah. He's here.

The coldness he had been withstanding for a while had disappeared so suddenly and instead warmness spreaded though his whole body when he sae him.

Kyungsoo was waving at the kid who Jongin assumed might be one of his student in his singing class. He looked very...normal like the whole thing that happened didn't affect him at all.

It wasn't really the time when Kyungsoo went back home. He only did that at around 2:00. (Yes.Jongin waited for him till that time). However,Jongin never intended to follow him to his new house,reminding himseld to give the older male somd privacy at least.

"." He cursed softly as his phone ringtone pulled him out from his thoughts.

"Where are you?" From hearing a straight out question instead of some hello,Jongin instantly knew it was Sehun.

"Why?" He questioned back,leaning slightly on the tree.

"Let's have lunch together if you are free. At the usual restaurant. Bye." Sehun hunged up the phone without even caring to listen his amswer.

"Bastard." He smiled,shaking his head slightly.

                                               ***


"At least care to ask whether I'm free or not next time if you ask me out." He said to his friend,who was already going through the menu already.

"I thought you might be free." Sehun's lips curved upward slighly,putting the menu away.


"Seafood spaghetti as usual?" Jongin nodded, taking off his upper coat and putting it aside on the chair while the other did the ordering.


"How was you day?" Sehun leaned back on his chair, his eyes set on Jongin.


"Terrible. A reporter trying to flirt with me and all." Sehun's mouth formed an O shape.


"Terrible indeed." He nodded thoughtfully before laughing with Jongin.


"So..as usual for today too?" Jongin put the glasses he was sipping water from,back on thr table softly.

"What?"

"Kyungsoo. You went to see,no,look at him from afar again?" The tanned male sighed at his words.

"I know what you're gonna say but not now Sehun." He muttered tiredly.

"Jongin." His friend insisted.

"It's time to move on,Jongin." He rubbed his face frustratedly.

"I know. I know. But the point is I can't." He said in a matter of fact tone.

"You can't or you don't wanna?"

"Maybe both." He admitted.

"It's not that easy. I can't even hate him,Sehun." He continued when Sehun was about to start talking again.

"I feel like we are in the middle of a temporary fight. I feel like he will come back to me. I don't feel like giving up on him yet. Maybe..maybe he will change his mind one day again." He muttered the last sentence softly.

"Jongin." Sehun sounded tired.

"I know that sounds really ridiculous and stupid but please let me be on my own on that matter..I will let go one day.I promise." His friend only sighed as a reply.

"So how are you and Luhan?" A small but obvious smile displayed on his stern face so suddenly that it surprised Jongin.

"From judging the look on your face, you guys are very good now I guess." Jongin teased while laughing

"What do you mean? What look?" A frown replaced his smile instead and that made Jongin wanted to laugh more because Sehun looked like a kid that was caught doing something he shouldn't.

Their conversation was cut off as their orders had arrived. And the Remaining time was spent eating or casually discussing about Sehun's work life and Jongin's busy life.

"Need to pick this up. Oldman's call." A phone call when they were in the middle of Sehun telling about his patients.

"Your father?" Jongin nodded as a reply,picking up the phone.

"Yes?....Why?.....Now?....Is it really necessary?....Fine." He ended the call with a deep sigh and an upset look on his face.

"Don't know what's so freaking urgent but ne wants me in his office now."

"Ah. Then you should go now. You don't want to upset Mr.Kim." Sehun,who knew all well about Jongin's dad,said sarcastically.

"Too bad. Let's meet another day." Jongin stood up,taking his upper coat.

Sehun just showed an OK sign,sipping wine from the wine glass slowly.

                                                   ***

Jongin knocked sharply once on the mahogany door to his father's office,deciding against just barging in there.

"What's so urgent?" He flopped onto the sofa when his dad lifted his eyes slightly from the papers which he seemed to be signing.

"Ah.Good. You are here." The elder replied in a rather delighted tone,taking the seat opposite of Jongin's. Instead of replying,the tanned male just waited for what the other was gonna say,fingers tapping on the sofa.

"I have a good news to share with you,son. And it is about your wedding!" Jongin's inside twitched painfully at his words.

"What? It got cancelled? Then it's the best new ever." He scoffed bitterly.

"We,parents,have decided that we would have the wedding earlier instead. We are thinking to have it at maybe autumn." His dad continued,ignoring Jongin's words. He felt sickened the sight of his father smiling.

"What do you mean autumn? It's like only 2 or 3 months away." He said,trying his best to keep his increasing temper under control.

"Exacly! Won't it be lovely! A beautiful autumn wedding with your gorgeous fiance!" Jongin stood up angrily.

"I don't care! I am not gonna do along as what you guys decided!" He shouted.

"Jongin. I am doing this for you." His father replied calmly.

"For me!?" He scoffed. "For me!? Funny! You didn't even bother to ask me about it first ! That's all bull!"

"Is that because of him?" His father looked at him with eyes that could bore right through Jongin's body.

"What?"

"That Kyungsoo boy. Are you acting like that because of him?" Jongin clenched his fist so hard.

"Stop pulling him into every matters! It's nothing about him. I don't care whatever happened! Just know I'm not gonna do that freaking wedding!" He stormed out of the room angrily,slamming the door hard.

                                                     ****

"Damn it!" Jongin groaned as he couldn't fine the car keys in his pocket when he was already in the car parking.

"Now I need to go back to his freaking office to get it back again. Great!" This time when he was about to barge in through the office's door which was opened very slightly,he heard something.

"Sir,Are you sure....about this wedding thing? Don't you think you should discuss it with Jongin first?" His hands in the door's handle stilled when he heard the hesitating voice of Yi Fan's,his father's secretary.

"What do you mean?" Jongin didn't know why he kept listening instead of walking right in.

"Do Kyungsoo might change his mind again,Sir. If so,things would get....ugly.." Now Jongin had a reason to keep eavesdropping their conversation. It was about Kyungsoo.

"Do Kyungsoo?" He could hear his father snorted.

"I held his main weaknesses in my hand,Yi Fan. He can't do anything out of his will with it." Jongin frowned hard.

His weaknesses? What does he mean by it?

Without any further thoughts,Jongin walked in the room.

"What the hell does that mean? What weakness?!" Mr.Kim clicked his tongue when Yi Fan avoided his eyes.

"Didn't you learn that eavesdropping is not a polite thing to do?" He asked leaning back in his chair, still putting on a straight face.

"Answer me!" Jongin demanded angrily.

"It's nothing. I gave him a little push so that he could make some clear decisions." The elder replied with a triumph smirk.

"I'm going to meet him!" Jongin pick up the car key left on the table and stormed out of the room again.

"Sir,shall I follow him?" Yi Fan said hesitantly. Mr.Kim lift a finger,silencing the tall male at once.

"No.Let the boy do what he wants for now."

***
Jongin cursed,hitting the steering heel with the back of his palm as he was stuck in the sudden traffic just when he was near Kyungsoo's workplace.

He checked the time to see it was already 2:30 and he hoped that Kyungsoo was still there somehow. But Jongin decided to beg Baekhyun or Chanyeol or whoever to tell him about the older male's contact information or address because he needed answer from Kyungsoo right now.

His father's words swam through his head and it hurt from trying to figured out what he meant by pushing Kyungsoo and stuff.

Just when he couldn't sit and wait that traffic to be over,he turned his car into an another small alley through many difficulties.

Then he nearly ran despite it was abit far from his destination.

Again,maybe he was being unlucky but he was waiting at the traffic light to turn green so that he could cross the road which was actually empty.

Or maybe he was being lucky.

Because there was Kyungsoo. Across the road right in front of him. Still nonchalant about Jongin standing in front.

A smile automatically placed on Jongin's upset face as he looked at Kyungsoo smiling at the little girl who was holding a ballon and whose mother seemed to be busy talking on her phone.

He could call out his name from his place but Kyungsoo would definitely would turn away from so he wouldn't risk it.

Suddenly,the balloon slipped through the little girl's hand due to the sudden strong wind. When Kyungsoo couldn't even stop her,she plunged towards the middle of the road to catch her balloon back without caring the red light or the surrounding.

Like a car coming along the road with high speed which didn't seem to stop.

It was like everything happened so fast when Kyungsoo,without any second thought,ran towards the little girl,making himself a target of the car when Jongin had only taken two steps that time.

The tanned male's head was filled with "Kyungsoo Kyungsoo" when he reached out Kyungsoo's body enough to push both him and girl hard to get them near the pavement and away from the car.

The only thing he felt later was his head hitting the ground,causing every sounds to mix up and his view to zoom in and out.

But he was sure that he heard Kyungsoo calling out his name.








A/N- ♡♡♡♡♡ ;'D