046

You And Only You

Junmyeon ran through the corridors,certain smell of hospital hitting his nose pretty much strongly. His mind was filled with the previous phone call from Kyungsoo.

He halted to stop and let out a huge exhale which even he didn't know he had been holding in, when he saw a familiar figure sitting on one of the chairs in front of emergency room.

Kyungsoo looked up when he heard his name called out and stood up immediately. He could see the desperate worries in Kyungsoo's eyes as he proceeded to explain what happened even before  Junmyeon hadn't ask. He told him that police had already arrested the driver who was mildly drunk and he was able to hit break before hitting Jongin with full speed and that the girl's family had already come here.

Junmyeon listened attentively in return, nodding here and there.Kyungsoo's body was trembling and his lips pale as much as his face did though he kept assuring Junmyeon that he was completely fine now.

Junmyeon just nodded,his hand on the younger male's shoulder as in comforting gesture though he was not sure of it. And suddenly he asked whether Junmyeon had called Jongin’s father already.

Speak of the devil

He saw his uncle walking towards them with long strides,his face gloomed with fury with Yi Fan behind,somehow looking pale.

Junmyeon's hand fell off Kyungsoo’s shoulder when the latter stood up abruptly.

“What did you do to my son!? I told you to stay away from him?” Kim Jongmin demanded angrily, grabbing Kyungsoo's collars.

“I'm--I'm—I don't know what happened.” Kyungsoo choked out in small voice in the middle of Junmyeon trying to get the elder away from him.

“ Did you call him to meet him!?” He demanded again.

“No-No—I never did.” Junmyeon stood in front of Kyungsoo, facing his uncle.

“Uncle. Kyungsoo..It wasn't his fault. Uncle,please calm down.” Kim Jongnin's jaws clenched but he somehow quiet down.

“Kim Jongin's family?” Firm voice spoke up near the Emergency door and there stood a man who Kyungsoo recognized.

“Yes! I'm his father..Jongin.--How's he? Is everything Okay!?” Kim Jongnin walked towards the doctor quickly and bombarded him with  questions. Kyungsoo was standing very still at the same place.

“We did try our best.” Junmyeon could see Kyungsoo's face went paler than before.

“What do you mean by that!?” His uncled roared out angrily.

“He had pretty much damage to his head but nothing severe. However, it may take time for him to recover some of the memories and people.” The doctor continued looking straight at Jongin's father.

“Please don't worry too much. I can assure you that he will recover. We have to be thanksful that he got here in time.” He gave a glance towards Kyungsoo.

“Also, his leg bones are fractured. He won’t be able to walk for a while without some helps.” Kim Jongmin’s fists clenched at his side.

“He will be still in deep sleep for a while. He will wake up maybe tomorrow.” The doctor continued in a reassuring tone.

“He will need to be in ICU under our care for one or two days though. Now,if you excuse me,sir.” He bowed slighly at Mr.Kin and walked past him but stopped near Kyungsoo.

“Sir,your hand is bleeding" He said in a surprise tone which Kyungsoo replied nothing but flinched when the former touched it lightly.

“You have to be treated or it will be infected,sir. Please come with me.” Kyungsoo nodded stiffly and glanced at Junmyeon.

“I will come with you.” He offered.

“No.No..Just stay here and wait—wait for Jongin.” Kyungsoo replied softly,following the doctor closely.

Junmyeon could just sigh.

                                ----------------------------------------
“Kyungsoo” He stood straight from leaning on the wall before in front of Jongin's ICU room.

“He's in there now. Uncle too.” He said which the younger only nodded.

“How's your hand?” Kyungsoo wrapped his left hand around the bandaged area.

“It's nothing really...” Kyungsoo's voice came out merely as a whisper.

“Are you really okay?” Junmyeon found himself asking though he already knew the answer he would get. Yes.

“Chanyeol already came here.” Kyungsoo said suddenly with his eyes on the floor.

“He did?” The older asked, surprised.

“With Baekhyun..He was...Chanyeol was mad...He said none of this would happen if I...if I didn't do all of this.” Now Kyungsoo looked up,his eyes glistening with unfallen tears.

“And Hyung, I think he's right. If I..this might be my fault..If I..If I didn't...But I just wanted the best for him..” Kyungsoo choked up, his facade falling apart slowly in front of Junmyeon.

“Kyungsoo,listen. This is not your fault. Okay? You have your own reasons too. And also,doctors also said that Jongin's life is not in danger. He will recover. Yes,it will take time. But he will be fine again,okay?” Kyungsoo nodded though he did not really look convinced.

“Do you..do you want to see him after uncle?” the younger shook his head abruptly at that.

“I should just go home. Mr.Kim won't like me doing it.” Junmyeon sighed internally.

“You should,Kyungsoo..You should see him at least once...Why don't you come meet him tomorrow? When uncle is not around here. You should at least meet your life saver.” Junmyeon pressed on the matter though he felt about it.
Kyungsoo just mumbled an Okay under his breath.

“Do you want me to take you home?”

“No.Bus is okay.”

“Will you be okay?”

“Yeh. I just..I need some time alone.” Kyungsoo smiled though it really didn't reach his eyes.

Junmyeon just nodded,watching the younger male's lonely back fading slowly from bis view as he walked away.
                                      ----------------------------------

“Hyung,I don't think this will be okay.” Kyungsoo whispered worriedly as Junmyeon dragged to Jongin's room. He could see a man standing in front of it just as he expected. Jongin's father was doing everything he could to get him away from Jongin.

“Stop worrying too much!” Junmyeon half-scolded him.

“But—there are--" They arrived in front of the room before he could finish his sentence.

Junmyeon attempted to go in without saying anything only to be stopped by an arm in front of him.

“I'm sorry but Mr.Kim told us not to let anyone in.” A rich voice spoke up, his eyes going to and from Junmyeon and Kyungsoo.

“Do you know who I am? I'm Kim Junmyeon, Kim Jongmin's nephew and the cousin of Kim Jongin.” Kyungsoo looked with a surprised expression on his face, at Junmyeon who was using commanding tone he had rarely heard before.

“But sir..” He noticed that the guard's voice had become somehow softened.

“Do you want me to call Mr.Kim? You don't want to trouble him, do you?” Junmyeon said as he took out his phone.

“No,sir. I'm sorry for my rude act. You can go in.” Junmyeon's lips curved upward,slightly nudging Kyungsoo's side.

“This is my friend as well as Jongin's. He will go in first. Any problem with it?” Kyungsoo looked at the elder male worriedly again.The guard just shook his head.

“What are you doing? Go in already.” Kyungsoo nodded slowly and took hesitant steps into the room.
Jongin had not woken up yet.

The room was filled with sounds of machines and there laid Jongin on his bed, sleeping peacefully.He exhaled deeply,walking towards the bed shakingly. He felt like doing something he shouldn't.

Well..This is what I shouldn't do anyway

He thought to himself,biting his lips. Jongin looked like he was sleeping very soundly. Except that there werr bandages around his head and his legs.
 

All because of me.

Suddenly,Chanyeol's words from yesterday came into his head.
 

'If you didn't do that,Kyungsoo.If you didn't throw away Jongin like that, none of this would happen.'

Those were the words before Baekhyun taking him away from Kyungsoo who was glued to his place. Chanyeol shook off Baekhyun's hands on his arms angrily before walking of. His friend gave him apologetic glances at him before following angry Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo shook off the thought and stared at the tanned male. He looked thinner in his eyes. Kyungsoo hesitantly reached out his hand to touch Jongin's hand softly.

Thank you. Thank you for literally everything.

He felt stupid for saying that for Jongin did something that couldn't be repaid. Now his hand holding Jongin's, his thumb rubbing along the latter's knuckles which were slighly bruised.

Sorry.

Kyungsoo closed his eyes and let out a shaky breath. All of a sudden, he could feel a movement from the hand he had been holding lightly.

His eyes now wide opened in shock, staring at it whether he had sensed it wrong. Now he saw it, Jongin's fingers were slightly moving. Kyungsoo's heartbeat fastened before shot out of the room to tell the news to Junmyeon.
                                    -------------------------------

"He's in fine condition. He will be able to be out of ICU tomorrow." Doctor said with a small smile when he came out of the room,closing the sliding door softly,before walking away.

"Go in?" Kyungsoo bit his nails nervously and failed to hear Junmyeon.

"Huh?" He was startled when he felt the older's hand on his shoulder.

"I was asking shall we go in now? Are you ready?" Kyungsoo nodded anyway though his inside felt crazy and he felt like throwing up. He was not really ready to meet Jongin. He wasn't ready to see the younger's expression when he saw him. But Junmyeon had already opened the door softly and Kyungsoo followed his steps closely.

"Hyung.. Junmyeon hyung." He heard the familiar rich yet soft voice and his heart skipped a beat.

"Hello,Jongin. How are you feeling?" Junmyeon asked and Kyungsoo could sense the gentle smile on his face though he was giving his back to him.

"Fine,I guess." Jongin let out a deep exhale. Kyungsoo was standing a few feet away from the bed and the younger male had not noticed him yet.

"Kyungsoo, what're you doing there? Come." That was when Jongin's almond shaped eyes met his.
Strangely enough, he felt like he saw confusion flushed across Jongin's smile.

"He--hey.Jongin." He said softly,walking towards the bed with a small smile.

"Hello." He replied politely enough. Confusion still displayed in his eyes.

"Do you know who I am?" Jongin looked surprise at his cousin's question and started chuckling softly. His hand then moved to his ribs and let out a groan and Kyungsoo felt a wave of guiltiness washed over him.

"Of course. I remember you,Hyung." He said,smiling tiredly.

"Then what about him?" The tanned male's eyes moved towards him again and Kyungsoo found himself holding his breath.

"Your friend?" Jongin asked Junmyeon. If it was possible, Kyungsoo felt like he heard a crack sound in his heart. Now he knew why Jongin looked very confused when he saw him.
He didn't remember Kyungsoo.

"I'm sorry but I...I can't seem to recall your name." He said in an apologetic tone. Kyungsoo just nodded curtly.

"I'm sorry Hyung.But I have to go now." He said, giving  Jongin a forced smile.

"Wait- Kyungsoo!" He heard Junmyeon's voice but he did not turn back,tears now at the peak of falling.
What was he expecting? That was what he wanted. For Jongin to start a new life, without him.

He let out a choked sob when he got far enough and noticed at the edge of his eye that Jongin's father passed beside him in crowd hurriedly.

                                   -----------------------------
"I'm sorry,Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo looked up to see his tall friend looking like a kicked puppy.

"Huh?" Chanyeol scratched his head.

"About what I said to you at hospital..I don't mean it..It was just..you know..at that moment...It's not your fault..I'm really sorry." Chanyeol muttered.

"It's fine,Chanyeol." Kyungsoo smiled softly.

"I went to visit  Jongin yesterday." Chanyeol spoke up again,this time abit louder.

Kyungsoo had not went to the hospital for two days after Jongin woke up. He didn't have a courgae to.

"That guy..He didn't remember me." Kyungsoo was taken back by Chanyeol's words. He didn't reply anything. But the tall male noticed the surprised expression on his face.

"So....don't be sad...He....urm..he doesn't forget you only." He hesitantly continued in an encouraging tone.

"Yeh." Kyungsoo nodded,only to feel guilty again about the small glint of happiness inside him.

"He will remember us again though or I'm gonna kick his ." Chanyeol said with his fake serious face,causing Kyungsoo to chuckle lightly.

"Once again,I'm sorry...for what I said"

"It's okay,Chanyeol." Kyungsoo gave him a smile.

"Are you--are you not going to visit  him?" Chanyeol asked,turning back to face Jongin again after walking towards his desk.

"I...I don't know whether I should." The shorter male answered honestly.

"You should...I mean in my opinion." And that left Kyungsoo in deep thinking.
                                      ---------------------- 
Kyungsoo stared at the door in front of the room and asked himself why he was here. He asked the hospital room number from Chanyeol and now here he was.

He still lingered there and pondering whether he should go back or just go in. But what was he gonna say to Jongin. 'Hello?I'm Do Kyungsoo. The one who you saved and got into this terrible accident. Thanks for that.' ?

"Hello,are you not going in?" He flinched hard when he heard a soft voice near him and nearly stopped breathing when he saw the owner of the voice.

It is her. Jongin's fiance.

Kyungsoo just wanted to sink into the ground instead of facing her. It was the first time he saw her outside. And though he wasn't interested in girls,he must admit she was....perfect....too perfect....really perfect.... And that was why Jongin and she were compatible.

His heart sank at his own thought.

"Are you Jongin's friend?" She asked again politely when he didn't reply. Kyungsoo's cheeks went bright red when he realized he must have been staring at her openly.

"I...yeh..His friend.." A small smile displayed on her face which made her look more gorgeous. She wasn't like the girls Jongin dated before. She wasn't wearing any kind of suggestive y dresses that showed off the cleavage. She was simply wearing a black long sleeves shirt tucked into her jeans which hugged her long beautiful legs. What she was wearing didn't deem her beauty at all.
Now that Kyungsoo noticed, she might be tall her than him even without her black heels.
"I'm Lee Hana. His.....fiance." Kyungsoo noticed her cheeks went crimson color when she said those words.

"Shall we go in together? He might be awake by now." She asked,now smiling at Kyungsoo again. Before he could protest,she had already opened the door and he saw Jongin focusing hard on a book.

"Hello,Jongin." He looked up and smiled when he saw her walking towards him.
"Hello,Hana" He greeted back,still wearing a sincere smile.
 

So,he remembers her....

Kyungsoo felt so small being here....felt so out of place like he was interrupting something.

"Hello,Kyungsoo-sshi." His head shot up when the tanned male called out hid name.
 

Did he...did he...

"I'm sorry if I was rude last day...My memories are not in right places yet..Even now...I heard about you from Junmyeon hyung though.But I'm sure I will remember you soon!" The older male's heart sank at his words. He was encouraging Kyungsoo out of politeness..

"I..I just decided to visit you since I'm around here... How are you?" He asked still standing abit far from Jongin.

"Oh. Never been better." Jongin joked and Hana giggled slightly at that.

"Are you sure you won't feel dizzy focusing so hard like that?" Shd asked,referring to the book Jongin was holding in his hand.

"I'm fine. I can't stand just staying on this bed doing nothing. They won't let me use my phone yet either so..." Jongin pouted slightly and Kyungsoo was sure that how she looked at the the younger male was filled with affection.

"Get better soon then!"

"Oh I will! By the way, you don't have to come today when you already came yesterday. "

"Well,I just want to come here so.."

"I'm sorry but I have to go back now." Kyungsoo guiltily cut off their friendly chat.

"Why? Just stay abit more. " He shook his head at her sincere words.

"I just remember the appointment" He knew his lie must be obvious. But he couldn't bear watching them together. It might sound selfish but he just couldn't.

"Bye." He bidded them,abruptly going out of the room.

                                      ----------------------------
"Do Kyungsoo." He heard a familiar voice when he was already at the hospital's entrance. And he saw Kim Jongnin standing in front of him with a solemn expression which he always wore.

"What are you doing here?" He asked with angry tone.
"I....I came to visit Jongin." The elder's lips drawn into thin line. Then a mocking smile suddenly replaced on his face.

"Hana must be here by now. She told me. Did you see her?" Kyungsoo just nodded,not meeting the elder's eyes.

"They look perfect together,aren't they?" Kyungsoo didn't answer though he knew Mr.Kim was telling the truth.

"Now you should go back since you have no business here anymore, Do Kyungsoo. Never...never come back here" With that,Kim Jongmin walked past him.
"Sir,I......Can you let me visit Jongin during his time here?" Kim Jongmin looked back with an angry frown on his face.

"I already told you...."

"Please. This would be the last time. As soon as Jongin is out of hospital,I will completely disappear from his sight. Please." Kyungsoo pleaded. He did not why he was doing this but he felt like he needed to.

"He--He saved my life. At least I want to pay this back. Also,he did not remember me so....Please,Mr Kim." He continued when Mr.Kim just gave him a long hard look.

"Keep your promise then." That was his last words after a long silence before he walked away,disappearing into the small crowd.

And Kyungsoo stood there,thinking back what and why he did that. What was he trying to do?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N- Hello,I'm back again. :D . I will be writing a new Kaisoo fic as soon as I finished this one(which will be soon.)and I hope you all will read that one too. Thank you very much ! ♡