Boys to Men

Notice me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

One month later...


"Do you want to move in together?" asked Jin, his face upward and as he looked at the stars.
 

"Sure, but you're going to have to explain that to my parents." replied Jimin with a smile as he too looked at the stars.
 

They were currently sitting in front of Jimin's house and just discussing a few things. Now that Jimin has finally graduated from high school, he decided a little change will do him well and colored his hair a vibrant red. The others were pleasantly shocked and said the color suited him while Jin had just stared at him with an open mouth.
 

"I don't think they'll be against the idea." said Jin thoughtfully, "On the contrary, I think they would be thrilled to have you living with me and they'll have peace of mind knowing you're in a nice area."
 

"My dad will be fine with it, since he'll see it as a way of me becoming independent. But my mom might take a little more convincing." said Jimin.
 

"So, I should talk to your dad first?" asked Jin as he looked at the younger with a grin.
 

"Definitely. That way, he and I can slowly warm my mom up to the idea." said Jimin with a grin of his own as he looked back at his boyfriend.
 

"What time should I come over tomorrow?" asked Jin, making them both laugh.


===============================


Mr. Park had an unreadable look on his face as he looked at Jin, who was currently telling him about having Jimin move in with him. It was the next day and since Mr. Park had the day off from work, Jimin told Jin this was a good opportunity to bring up the topic. Mrs. Park had gone to see some friends, so it was just the three of them in the living room. Jin and Jimin were sitting side by side on the couch while Mr. Park sat on the armchair.
 

"How far is the campus from the apartment building?" asked Mr. Park.
 

"Just five minutes on foot." replied Jin.
 

"How's the rent?" asked Mr. Park.
 

"Pretty good. The landlord is actually giving me a huge break since I sometimes help him out by fixing things." said Jin.
 

Mr. Park nodded as he thought it over and looked over at Jimin, who sat up attentively.
 

"I know Seokjin can handle the responsibility of having a roommate, but the question now is can you live with him without causing him trouble?" he asked his son with a stern expression.
 

"Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence." said Jimin with a mock offended look, then grinned, "Yes, I can live with Jin hyung without having to call you or mom to bail us out of jail."
 

"I know you're joking, but stop." said Mr. Park with raised eyebrows, he then let out an amused laugh as he shook his head, "But if you ever do get in trouble with the law, call me instead of your mother. She would just leave you there until you've learned your lesson."
 

"Why do I believe that?" asked Jimin rhetorically as he grimaced while Jin laughed.
 

"Anyway, Jimin, if you know you can handle living away from home, then I'm perfectly okay with it." said Mr. Park with a smile.
 

"Really?!" asked Jimin as he scooted to the edge of the couch to look at his dad with big eyes.
 

"Really." confirmed Mr. Park with a nod.
 

Jimin didn't really hug his dad often after reaching his teen years, but his excitement was too much to be contained. He jumped off the couch and went over to him to wrap his arms around his dad in a thankful hug. Mr. Park looked startled for a second, but smiled warmly as he hugged his son back tightly; he really was proud of Jimin. Jin watched the interaction with a small smile on his face, knowing just how much Jimin looked up to his dad and how his words meant a lot.
 

"We just need to break this to mom and we'll be good to go." said Jimin with a big smile as he pulled away and sat on the armrest, a hand still on his dad's shoulder.
 

"Um, do I have to be there for that?" asked Jin as he nervously shifted in his seat.
 

"Yes." replied Mr. Park and Jimin in unison, making Jin shrink back a little.
 

"I knew you would say that." he mumbled with a pout.
 

"Just kidding, Jin hyung. Dad and I can handle it." said Jimin with a grin, Jin sighed in relief while Mr. Park just laughed.


==============================


It took a few days, but Mrs. Park finally agreed to let Jimin move in with Jin. The only condition was Jimin had to contact them once in a while to let them know he was doing okay. He easily agreed to that and started packing up his things on a Saturday afternoon. When the guys found out the news, they quickly rushed to help Jimin out with packing, the latter feeling a little overwhelmed by how things were changing for the better.
 

"Um, I'll be back... I need some air." said Jimin, managing a smile as he walked out of his half packed room with a tight feeling in his chest.
 

Once he stepped out the front door, Jimin let out a shaky breath as tears he didn't know were there started rolling down his face. He was going to miss living with his parents. Definitely. But he was also excited to start living with Jin and as sad as it felt leaving the house he grew up in, he was feeling happy.
 

"Jimin?" called that sweet voice, making Jimin look up with a half suppressed sob, Jin quickly walked up to him and gently cupped his face with a look of concern.
 

"Are you okay?" asked Jin worriedly as he brushed some tears away.
 

Jimin only nodded as he reached out and wrapped his arms around Jin's waist while nuzzling into his chest. The older hugged his boyfriend close and soothingly rubbed his back, feeling a twinge in his chest when he felt how Jimin's small frame shaking. Jin nuzzled Jimin's hair a bit before pressing a kiss on his head, the younger gave him a squeeze while

Please log in to read the full chapter