It's gotta be you

Notice me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The next morning, Yoongi woke up feeling extra hot and opened his eyes just to see that his covers were on the floor; he must have kicked them off in his sleep. He reached down to pick them up, but a light squeeze on his torso made him look over his shoulder. He was groggy before, but now he was wide awake when he saw a sleeping Namjoon right behind him and holding onto his torso. Namjoon had gone straight to his room last night, Yoongi was in his own room and had heard him.
 

So, what's he doing here? wondered Yoongi, not that he was complaining.
 

He looked over at his clock and saw it was barely five in the morning, three hours before he had to get up for class. Yoongi then slowly turned around, careful to not crush Namjoon's arms nor to loosen them up. Once they were facing each other, Yoongi felt the urge to just touch Namjoon's face; it sounded kind of creepy, but he did it anyway. He reached up and lightly brushed some hair from Namjoon's forehead, then impulsively leaned in and pressed a soft yet firm kiss there. Yoongi smiled when he felt the arms around him tighten a bit.
 

He then lightly traced his finger down the side of Namjoon's face before gently cupping his cheek and brushed his thumb across it a few times. Yoongi's eyes took in every detail of Namjoon's face and his brows furrowed in concern when he saw the slight dark circles under the blonde's eyes.
 

He must be studying too much again he thought, remembering one time when Namjoon had overworked himself with his studies and got sick.
 

"Take care of yourself, stupid." he lightly scolded with a pout, but then smiled and pressed his forehead against Namjoon's while closing his eyes.
 

He stayed silent for a moment before opening his eyes again, his gaze falling directly on Namjoon's lips. Yoongi gulped as his breath started becoming uneven because no matter how much self-control he had, his will power was starting to give way a little. His hand slowly slid into Namjoon's hair and tangled into the blonde locks, his eyes never leaving those naturally pouty lips. Yoongi then had a little argument with himself on whether or not to just close the distance between them.


Don't do it, Yoongi, he's not in his five senses right now... but he's so close he thought as he inched a little closer.
 

What would it be like to kiss Namjoon when he was fully awake and aware? Would Yoongi get pushed away or would he be accepted? He didn't have many fears, but the thought of being rejected by the guy he's grown so much affection for is terrifying. Yoongi pulled away a little and carefully brought up his other arm to cradled Namjoon's head to his chest instead. He let out a sigh as he softly Namjoon's hair and decided to just wait for the right time.


======================================


It was past noon when Namjoon woke up and found that he was alone in Yoongi's room, he stayed put for a moment before slowly sitting up and stretched his arms over his head as he yawned. Last night, he was planning on thinking things through, but had ended up falling asleep instead from how tired he was. He had then started tossing and turning in the middle of the night, so he got out of bed and automatically went into Yoongi's room; a sort of habit he had. When he saw the older was fast asleep, Namjoon quietly crawled in beside him and fell into a deep sleep. His restlessness gone once he was surrounded by the familiar and comforting scent of Yoongi.
 

Namjoon got out of bed and neatly made it before going into his own room to get some clothes for a shower. Once he was done with said shower and getting dressed, his stomach growled a bit so he headed towards the kitchen. But just as he was looking through the fridge to see if there was something he could prepare without blowing up the kitchen, Namjoon heard the front door opening and froze. He wasn't ready.
 

He quickly closed the fridge door and made a dash for his room, but almost crashed into Yoongi when leaving the kitchen. The latter just gave him a look and Namjoon blushed a bit as he looked away while scratching the back of his head. The silence that was slowly creeping up on them was starting to feel a little awkward to Namjoon and he wanted nothing more than to just disappear into his room.
 

"Stop staying up so late." was all Yoongi said as he stepped into the kitchen.
 

"What?" asked Namjoon with a confused frown as he turned to look at the older.
 

"I saw the books scattered in your room and the bags under your eyes this morning. You're doing that study-until-I-collapse-from-exhaustion crap again, it's not healthy for you and it makes me worry." said Yoongi as he opened the fridge to get something to drink.
 

Namjoon felt his face grow warm in embarrassment, but a little smile appeared on his face because he felt touched that Yoongi cared so much. The latter always shows concern for his six friends, but he shows the most concern towards Namjoon; something the younger just barely noticed.
 

"I-I won't do it anymore, then, if it makes you worry." said Namjoon.
 

"Promise?" questioned Yoongi as he closed the fridge door after getting a canned soda.
 

Namjoon right away nodded with an earnest look, making the older chuckle as he walked over and tousled his hair.
 

"Good. Now come on, I brought us some lunch." said Yoongi with a grin, Namjoon nodded again and followed him into the living room.
 

After unpacking everything and getting settled into the couch, Namjoon felt like things were normal between them again as they ate in a comfortable silence. He knew Yoongi hadn't forgotten about what he had said at the amusement park and Namjoon didn't dare bring it up just yet, since he still had no clue on what to say. Instead, he would take this time to just go with the flow and see where all of this takes him. He looked over and his eyes widened a bit when he saw Yoongi was already looking back at him and quickly averted his gaze down to his food.
 

"You're so cute." said Yoongi with a chuckle as he reached out for the remote and the television, his words making Namjoon blush as he took a few bites.
 

That's another thing Namjoon didn't understand; why was Yoongi romantically interested in him? He's not the most graceful person out there, he's not that talented, he thinks his looks are just barely average, and there really isn't anything that special about him in general. So why? Namjoon just stared at the screen without really looking at it and just mulling things over.
 

"What's on your mind?" Yoongi's voice startled him out of his thoughts and looked over at the older, whose eyes were also on the screen.
 

"Just... stuff." replied Namjoon as he looked back at the screen.
 

"What kind of stuff?" asked Yoongi while taking a bite of his food.
 

Namjoon just smiled as he glanced at the older; this was so typical of Yoongi. The latter never liked getting vague answers and would not stop until he got a real and concrete response. This kind of annoyed their other friends, mostly the maknae line since they always have something to hide, but Namjoon was pretty used to it. Though he would sometimes forget who he was talking to and give half-baked answers.
 

"Namjoon?" prompted Yoongi, the younger looked over and saw the older staring back at him with a raised eyebrow.
 

"What?" asked Namjoon.
 

"You're so distracted right now." said Yoongi with a laugh as he placed his food on the coffee table.
 

"Well, I did just wake up." said Namjoon a little defensively.
 

"No, that's not the only reason." said Yoongi, he scooted a little closer and put his hand on Namjoon's knee.
 

"I saw Jin hyung after my last class, by the way, and he told me something that I really didn't like." he said, a light frown appearing on his face.
 

"He told you to stop sleeping in class?" joked Namjoon with a grin, the older just let out a laugh and gave him a playful push with his other hand.
 

"No, not today... Jin hyung told me that someone might be interested in you. He didn't want to give me a name no matter how much I annoyed him, he just said it was a guy." said Yoongi, his face had grown serious and all Namjoon could do was gape at him.
 

Seriously, who would like me like that?! he thought incredulously.
 

"Whoever this guy is... I don't even care who the hell he is anymore... he's not going to get to you so easily. I won't allow it." said Yoongi, he then looked at Namjoon with this fiery gaze that made the blonde gulp a little nervously.
 

"Um... good to know?" said Namjoon uncertainly.
 

"Look, Namjoon, I'm not gonna play a game of cat and mouse with you. I'm not even gonna ask you to think about liking me back... I just want us to be as we've always been, whether we stay as friends or turn into something more... I just want to be with you." said Yoongi, the soft look in his eyes and the tender smile on his face making Namjoon's heart skip a beat.


What am I supposed to say now? Am I even supposed to say anything? wondered a panicked Namjoon, he then took a deep breath to calm down a little and placed his hand atop the one that was on his knee.
 

"I-I was really surprised when you told me how you felt about me, but I was also confused because I can't understand why." said Namjoon, making Yoongi squeeze his hand a bit.
 

"'Why' you say... Take a look at yourself, Namjoon, a really good look. The guys always talk about how handsome you are and even though I... get a little jealous... I agree with them. You're a handsome guy with a lot to offer." said Yoongi, his cheeks growing a little pink as he looked down at their hands.
 

Namjoon eyed the older with a fascinated look since a blushing Yoongi was beyond rare, almost nonexistent. Namjoon re

Please log in to read the full chapter